Sandy Hook Tragedy

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Breaking: School shooting in CT

Postby viva la ben on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Keep the poor taste in the chicken wing thread.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Gaucho wrote:The Hell's Angels are good people.

Spoiler:
lulz

Don't go there Gaucho... Seriously, don't.

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Rylan wrote:I like indoor playground idea. But it must be a playground in my opinion.

It would be poor taste to turn it into a paintball arena though huh? {Ducking}

Spoiler:

Dude, posting a Marky Mark GIF from his movie "Shooter" is such poor taste.

viva la ben wrote:Keep the poor taste in the chicken wing thread.

Go easy on him, he must be having a tough day.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Are you sure those aren't the Patriot Riders and not the Hell's Angels? Some of those PR boys are equally as scary looking.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 pm

You might be right, the Hells Angels colors have a thick white outline on the back of their vests, and I don't see that on any of the few that are turned somewhat. I dont believe the Patriot Riders have a standard insignia.

I run into members of the Pagans a lot around here at bars. As long as you keep your distance and don't make eye contact, hopefully you'll be OK :lol:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tfrizz on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 pm

mac5155 wrote:You might be right, the Hells Angels colors have a thick white outline on the back of their vests, and I don't see that on any of the few that are turned somewhat. I dont believe the Patriot Riders have a standard insignia.

I run into members of the Pagans a lot around here at bars. As long as you keep your distance and don't make eye contact, hopefully you'll be OK :lol:

In my experience, a lot of bikers are okay people as long as you keep your nose out of their business. The local Hell's Angels do a ton a charity work around here, for example.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 pm

mac5155 wrote:You might be right, the Hells Angels colors have a thick white outline on the back of their vests, and I don't see that on any of the few that are turned somewhat. I dont believe the Patriot Riders have a standard insignia.

When I lived in New Stanton they were starting a run there. The little town was seriously overrun with Pagans. There had to be 200 of them. It was crazy to see.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:40 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Secondly, ISP's don;t typically keep history of browsing, what's interesting though is that if you're logged into Google, most of your web surfing is captured by them.

Tor browser?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:

When I lived in New Stanton they were starting a run there. The little town was seriously overrun with Pagans. There had to be 200 of them. It was crazy to see.

I'm about 5 miles from new Stanton and yeah, they're still around.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 pm

tfrizz wrote:

In my experience, a lot of bikers are okay people as long as you keep your nose out of their business. The local Hell's Angels do a ton a charity work around here, for example.

:thumb:
This was the point I was making earlier. I've never had a single problem with the HAMC. In fact, I've actually had a few of them help me out on occasion. Some of the other M.C. Clubs, no so much.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Secondly, ISP's don;t typically keep history of browsing, what's interesting though is that if you're logged into Google, most of your web surfing is captured by them.

Tor browser?

Maybe I'm showing an ignorance here, but I don't understand the question.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Is that from shooter? it looks like it is from the happening
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ad@m on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Another shooting, 4 dead

http://wearecentralpa.mobi/wap/news/tex ... =WTAJ+News

GEESEYTOWN, BLAIR COUNTY - WTAJ News is learning of a shooting near Geeseytown, east of Hollidaysburg, that involves state troopers.
4 people are dead, 3 males and 1 female, in a shooting near Geeseytown. The suspect in the shooting is among the dead. 3 state troopers have also been injured, 1 of them was shot. The troopers' injuries are not life-threatening.
The crime scene is large in scale, and every Blair County unit is working the scene.
This started on a farm near Geeseytown on Juniata Valley Road Friday morning. We have not learned of a motive as of now.
The Blair County Emergency Management Agency's Facebook page says the situation at the scene is under control and there is no longer a threat to the community.
Ad@m
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 am

Turns out one of the deceased in the Geeseytown shooting was in my graduating class at Hollidaysburg SH in '91, and his surviving wife graduated from there in '92. (don't know if his name has been publicly released yet, so I'll keep mum) There is a familial connection between at least two of the three victims. Not sure how the shooter factors in yet.

ExPatriatePen wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:

Tor browser?

Maybe I'm showing an ignorance here, but I don't understand the question.

I know a lot of people that use Tor Browser thinking it provides them with a ring of immunity from anyone finding out their misdeeds...... is it effective?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Are you sure those aren't the Patriot Riders and not the Hell's Angels? Some of those PR boys are equally as scary looking.

They are Patriot Riders

The images are stunning. Ordinary citizens, many not from Newtown, literally hand-in-hand and arm-in-arm with members of a motorcycle group called the Patriot Guard Riders, along with lines of police and firefighters.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Tor is open source and it's development is consistent with the mission objective of privacy.

So unlike Google or Bing or other proprietary browsers, your surfing activity is never tracked by the browser or through plugins or cookie tracking.

However, if someone were to put an packet capture (sniffer, wireshark, etc...) device and capture traffic emminating from the IP of your router, they could still track your activity.

In practice, that would be tough for most home setups (it would require someone with access to either your network or your ISP's internal network). However, in corporate environments it would be extremely easy for your network guys to track your browsing habits since they have physical access to all of the relevant components,
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 pm

JS© wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Are you sure those aren't the Patriot Riders and not the Hell's Angels? Some of those PR boys are equally as scary looking.

They are Patriot Riders

The images are stunning. Ordinary citizens, many not from Newtown, literally hand-in-hand and arm-in-arm with members of a motorcycle group called the Patriot Guard Riders, along with lines of police and firefighters.

http://www.patriotguard.org/
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 pm

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm totally disgusted by this story:

If its true, I hope they throw the book at her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/2 ... f=new-york
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 am

Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:06 am

At least they have to gain permission to sue. I would hope that he gets laughed out of that discussion...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned, but with all the "gun ban" talks, apparently anything gun related is selling like crazy. My friend here in AZ is an avid shooter. He has at least one handgun and an AR. He said he hasn't been able to find bullets to go target shooting for several weeks since all this happened. Everything is out of stock online. He went to the gun club and their entire stock of guns that they sell was gone (rifles, shotguns, hand guns, etc). Just found this interesting, as I have no commentary one way or another on it. But he was saying you can't find anything anywhere (bullets, guns, parts, etc).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm

bhaw wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned, but with all the "gun ban" talks, apparently anything gun related is selling like crazy. My friend here in AZ is an avid shooter. He has at least one handgun and an AR. He said he hasn't been able to find bullets to go target shooting for several weeks since all this happened. Everything is out of stock online. He went to the gun club and their entire stock of guns that they sell was gone (rifles, shotguns, hand guns, etc). Just found this interesting, as I have no commentary one way or another on it. But he was saying you can't find anything anywhere (bullets, guns, parts, etc).

Yeah, we've been discussing it in the CCW thread. It's nuts.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Information is leaking out that mass-murderer Adam Lanza had compiled a massive spreadsheet—7 feet long and 4 feet wide—of prior acts of mass murder and attempted murder. It looks like Lanza was trying to make a “score sheet” of acts of murder so that he could be certain that his attack would put him at the top of the list. He may have been planning and researching for years.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/18/adam_la ... amer_code/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... 01377.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... 1408?print
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 am

I think the thread title is outdated.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 am

I'm just happy that the thread bump wasn't about conspiracy theories. I hate those people.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR