Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby JS© on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm

PghSkins wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't know how to drive in the snow. One of my biggest pet peeves.

People who don't clean all the snow off of their windows or their lights when it snows.

I don't care about that but if a wall of snow flies off your minivan or SUV's roof and onto my windshield, I will mess. you. up.

I'll say it: I'm guilty of this. Not all of it, but some of it.

What I will do: wipe the snow from my roof, side windows, and scrape windshield.
What I won't do: wipe my roof completely clean. Yes, there is usually an inch of so, but it's usually gone by the time I leave my apartment. When I was at my old place, it was usually gone before I hit the first stop light and I was leaving at a very early hour (usually 5:30, sometimes closer to 5am.) Snow on back window? If it's noticable, I'll clean it. If it's a thin layer, I'll hit the rear defrost and deal with it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Zip-open deli bags that neither zip nor open.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eismann on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Nook screen protectors. Damn them all to hell, and their air bubbles.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shyster on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Christmas is over. Stop playing Christmas music.

Also, I am seriously peeved at SiriusXM for playing Christmas music on non-Christmas channels. This year, SiriusXM had no less than six different channels playing commercial-free Christmas music 24/7. Those channels played (1) holiday music from active artists, (2) traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s, (3) classical Christmas music, (4) country Christmas music, (5) Spanish-language holiday music, and (6) soul and Motown holiday music. They had it covered. If I wanted to hear Christmas music, I would have been listening to one of those. Maybe, just maybe, I’m listening to Bluesville or Outlaw Country or some other channel because I don’t want to hear any more damn Christmas music.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Christmas music gets on my nerves in general. Same played out songs every year. Worse that they start playing that stuff like a month before Christmas. I just don't like it. I'm basing it solely on music itself, not the concept. If subject was not Christmas but something else, it would be just as bad. All that fake happiness is kind of annoying to me. I like Christmas otherwise.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:12 pm

JS© wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't know how to drive in the snow. One of my biggest pet peeves.

People who don't clean all the snow off of their windows or their lights when it snows.

I don't care about that but if a wall of snow flies off your minivan or SUV's roof and onto my windshield, I will mess. you. up.

I'll say it: I'm guilty of this. Not all of it, but some of it.

What I will do: wipe the snow from my roof, side windows, and scrape windshield.
What I won't do: wipe my roof completely clean. Yes, there is usually an inch of so, but it's usually gone by the time I leave my apartment. When I was at my old place, it was usually gone before I hit the first stop light and I was leaving at a very early hour (usually 5:30, sometimes closer to 5am.) Snow on back window? If it's noticable, I'll clean it. If it's a thin layer, I'll hit the rear defrost and deal with it.

I don't mind if you don't clean it all off of your roof, but what really grinds my gears is when people only clean off maybe half of the windsheild and none of the other windows. And people need to CLEAN OFF THEIR @#$%^#$% LIGHTS. If I can't see them from the snow built up on them how can they be helping you to drive?
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 am

Hello, my FB friends: I want to stay PRIVATELY connected with you. I post shots of my family and friends that I don't want strangers to have access to. However, with the recent changes in FB, the "public" can now see activities in ANY wall. This happens when our friend hits "like" or "comment" ~ automatically, their friends would see our posts too. Unfortunately, we can not change this setting by ourselves because Facebook has configured it this way.

PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "COMMENTS & LIKE" and also "PHOTOS". By doing this, my activity among my friends and family will no longer become public.
Now copy and paste this on your wall. Once I see it posted I will make the same changes for your page
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Keurig website gives "rewards" points that can be used towards half off accessories. That's not a reward. Free K-Cups is a reward.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby LeopardLetang on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:31 pm

hoods on coats that when you bend over shoveling they're too long and block your vision
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PghSkins on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Shyster wrote:Christmas is over. Stop playing Christmas music.

Also, I am seriously peeved at SiriusXM for playing Christmas music on non-Christmas channels. This year, SiriusXM had no less than six different channels playing commercial-free Christmas music 24/7. Those channels played (1) holiday music from active artists, (2) traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s, (3) classical Christmas music, (4) country Christmas music, (5) Spanish-language holiday music, and (6) soul and Motown holiday music. They had it covered. If I wanted to hear Christmas music, I would have been listening to one of those. Maybe, just maybe, I’m listening to Bluesville or Outlaw Country or some other channel because I don’t want to hear any more damn Christmas music.

Bluesville Christmas was excellent. Had it on all day.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens9192 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 pm

People who take pictures of snow covered roads while driving. Please concentrate on driving. It is December in Pennslyvania, snow will cover the roads!
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:02 pm

If you are behind me at the self checkout at Giant Eagle, and I've scanned all my items, paid, and have just started bagging the items - do not start scanning your items and placing them on the belt unless you want me to place your items in my bag.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:04 pm

If you're ahead of me at the Self Checkout at Giant Eagle- QUIT MESSING AROUND AND BAG THE FREAKIN' THINGS!!!!!!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm a top 5 bagger in the league - you can check on nhl.com
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Do you buy tea, and then bag it?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:41 am

Dear dude at work who doesn't have any friends in your personal life so you feel the need to treat work like a social event...thanks for bringing me up to speed on your sons home purchase. Even though I've never met him I've been sitting on pins n needles waiting to hear how this turns out.

Oh, and while you're rattling on about your last prostate exam, my boss is watching me not working, so, if you don't mind, I have things to do. Also, the guy who's doing your job would like to know when you're coming back.

Thanks for listening
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 pm

WHAT THE **** is it now with women now and fake mustaches? My God if I see one more picture of a woman with a fake mustache or a group posing with them drawn on their finger up to their noses im going to go mental. New Years Day I saw 3 different parties post pics of girls drinking from plastic cups with mustaches drawn on them. And when they took a sip, it looked like they were drinking from a cup with a mustach drawn on it, 7 inches from their face but they were all LOLOLOL I HAD A MUSTACHE WHEN I WAS DRINKING LAST NIGHT :D :D :D :D :D
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Tell us how you really feel dudeman.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Tell us how you really feel dudeman.

I did. Why dont you bother reading the whole article?

(channeling my inner Dejan) :pop:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm

I have noticed the fake mustache theme more and more as of late
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Women with their eyebrows painted on.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joopen on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm

At least the Robert Griffin III verbal ******** is over for this year
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:38 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:WHAT THE **** is it now with women now and fake mustaches? My God if I see one more picture of a woman with a fake mustache or a group posing with them drawn on their finger up to their noses im going to go mental. New Years Day I saw 3 different parties post pics of girls drinking from plastic cups with mustaches drawn on them. And when they took a sip, it looked like they were drinking from a cup with a mustach drawn on it, 7 inches from their face but they were all LOLOLOL I HAD A MUSTACHE WHEN I WAS DRINKING LAST NIGHT :D :D :D :D :D

standingovation.gif
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby LeopardLetang on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm

when they eat my chips
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm

The older daughter on the show "The Neighbors" eyebrows.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR