Lockout

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lockout

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:26 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So is this basically the last take it or leave it offer? Like take this or done?

I'm sure its the same as the last one. I'm not sure where people get the idea that the PA will counter with something outlandish, as that has yet to happen.

It seems as though you may foe people that disagree with what you say or whatever and I'm one of them...but just so this misinformation doesn't pollute others' heads...the PA's counterproposals have included such things as de-linkage (revenue from salaries), something we just lost a season over, so if that's not outlandish then I can see why you're so pro-union...

I'm pretty sure he has me on his list too. He hasn't said a thing to me in a year, maybe two. Very odd.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:35 pm

interstorm wrote:Uhh..I agree with the article author. If the owners would have just jumped to this offer to begin with, we would be talking about playoff races now. Right now it looks like it took fehr to get them there. Then again, the owners did get a half year reprieve from paying salaries. Time will tell if any damage done to the brand was worth that.

Come on. Fehr was the one who refused to meet with the NHL for a year and a half, only to contact them right before the deadline (which I believe was his method of trying to pressure them into making a quick deal). All this should have been done a year ago and it is all on Fehr why there wasn't enough time before the new season was to start. I do not feel the league should have began a season under same CBA guidelines as the previous season.

And, no, it wasn't worth it. It's a horrible thing they - let's say both sides - did to the reputation of the league and to the fanbase.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
I'm pretty sure he has me on his list too. He hasn't said a thing to me in a year, maybe two. Very odd.

So is that a good or bad thing? :pop:
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I didnt bother reading most of your post

Yeah, well when you got someone that foes people that disagree with him and the people that aren't foed are met with this as the opening to the post, it's a wonder why he would be on a message board at all...why doesn't he just talk into the mirror? :lol: I mean, Jesus...what's the point?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:He's come to mediation with 'take it or leave it' options, he's changed the players' bargaining positions multiple times, and he's the chief reason we're not playing hockey right now; he thinks he can keep this going and win. He's probably correct, but the circus is not good for the business of hockey.

I didnt bother reading most of your post, but it absolutely can be both. The owners have never made a concession during these cba talks. They asked for a ton and have progressively asked for less. This isnt opinion, they will be making 0 concessions when all is said and done and the pa hasnt even asked them to. Players are doing nothing but mitigating loss. Fact.

For crying out loud. Everything the NHL has done has been a concession. I didn't even think they should have given players the $300. Even now, the 10% and the 6 years, are concessions. Everything the NHL gives in on, isn't a concession to a couple people here. Let's not forget who the empoyers are and who the damn employees are. Imagine if you guys started coming up with similar demands at your jobs. These players are ridiculous. In fact, I will say if the NHL gives in just a little bit more, there will be nothing else left. I take it as a sign the NHL is serious about wanting to play and it's the other side who keeps asking for more and more and more. Like they themselves ran the franchises they play for. That was one of quotes that Fehr had back in August, actually, that if this was a real 'partnership', players would be in on all team operations. I swear I would have closed down the whole league for a year if I were running this show.
Last edited by Sarcastic on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Forget it, sarcastic...he's living in his own world, let him be...he doesn't want to know, don't tell him...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:53 pm

offsides wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

So is that a good or bad thing? :pop:

I don't know. We had some fun talks before, so I don't know what happened. It's just really strange to me for anyone to foe anybody on here. What's the damn point. It's really anti-social, if you ask me.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I wonder what the trajectories of some people's careers will be here? There's either trolling or a severe lack of business reasoning going on here.

Makes it easier for the rest of us out there I guess.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:59 pm

shmenguin wrote:I wonder what the trajectories of some people's careers will be here? There's either trolling or a severe lack of business reasoning going on here.

My career trajectory is already cast in stone. It's all 'down hill' from here. :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby columbia on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:I wonder what the trajectories of some people's careers will be here? There's either trolling or a severe lack of business reasoning going on here.

My career trajectory is already cast in stone. It's all 'down hill' from here. :)

Too much time sniffing packets will do that. :pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 pm

columbia wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

Too much time sniffing packets will do that. :pop:

Spoof you. :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So is this basically the last take it or leave it offer? Like take this or done?

I'm sure its the same as the last one. I'm not sure where people get the idea that the PA will counter with something outlandish, as that has yet to happen.

It seems as though you may foe people that disagree with what you say or whatever and I'm one of them...but just so this misinformation doesn't pollute others' heads...the PA's counterproposals have included such things as de-linkage (revenue from salaries), something we just lost a season over, so if that's not outlandish then I can see why you're so pro-union...

Maybe it's because I haven't been posting long enough for anyone here to really bother me to the point where I had to foe him or her but I don't think I can dislike someone enough where I would want to block out everything they say. I mean the pro-player groups of MRandall, Gaucho and Idoit get on my nerves but I never gotten angry enough where I want to tune them out completely, on a message board of all places. I think that's juvenile.

Just my opinion though.
Last edited by Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Stiglitz is the only guy I've foed on here.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tico Rick on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Tim Thomasen has never visited the Political Discussion Thread. :lol:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Tico Rick wrote:Tim Thomasen has never visited the Political Discussion Thread. :lol:

When I used to lurk I did a few times. I want to stay far away from that thread as I can.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:Tim Thomasen has never visited the Political Discussion Thread. :lol:

When I used to lurk I did a few times. I want to stay far away from that thread as I can.

You should come on over... It's really not as bad as you think. :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:19 pm

I'd like to point out that I don't belong in any pro-owner group.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 pm

i think i foe'd crzymike, that's about it. Someone else too, don't remember the name but they got banned anyway.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

You should come on over... It's really not as bad as you think. :)

Given the fact I don't think Obama is the Anti-Christ like alot of people in that thread believe I don't think my opinions would be welcomed.

But I will keep that in mind.,
Last edited by Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Gaucho wrote:I'd like to point out that I don't belong in any pro-owner group.

I thought it was interesting that you were included it that group... but I was waiting to see your response. :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Gaucho wrote:I'd like to point out that I don't belong in any pro-owner group.

Pro-player. My mistake.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:24 pm

I don't imagine Idoit or MRandall being too happy to be included in that group. So I guess TT meant pro-players.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Gaucho wrote:I don't imagine Idoit or MRandall being too happy to be included in that group. So I guess TT meant pro-players.

I did.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Simultaneous posts, sorry.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:

Yeah, me too. It is dangerous over there.
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins