so, where does mike wallace

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:54 am

Proxima Centauri
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,380
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:57 am

Gotham Knights
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,393
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby bhaw on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:47 am

Oakland... makes the most sense.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,003
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 am

i think he goes to worshington
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,211
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby jprolley on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:30 pm

cleveland
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,444
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Dolphins.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,588
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby ulf on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 pm

So what teams haven't been mentioned?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,992
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:43 pm

ulf wrote:So what teams haven't been mentioned?


almost all of them.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,588
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby pugilist13 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Anywhere but here, hopefully. "Splash" play guys are a dime a dozen in the current NFL. See ya.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby JS© on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 pm

Bioshock wrote:Would get great pleasure from the Steelers franchising him if they did. His tears would be delicious.


After re-reading this, I think I'd laugh more knowing that he was "stuck" here for another season.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,573
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby malkinshair on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:50 pm

JS© wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Would get great pleasure from the Steelers franchising him if they did. His tears would be delicious.


After re-reading this, I think I'd laugh more knowing that he was "stuck" here for another season.


Nope, let him walk. The worst thing you could do is franchise him. He played uninspired and scared all year. He's worried about him, not about performing to the best of his abilities. I'd go so far as to say he was more worried about finishing each game unhurt this year than he was about winning games.

He was one of my favorite players last year, and I was hoping that the Steelers would lock him up long term last offseason...now I'm kinda glad they didn't. His attitude certainly isn't uncommon among today's professional athletes (me first), but this is the first time I remember a Steeler letting it carry over to the field.

In a season of crazy disappointments, Wallace's attitude/performance ranks 1A in my book.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,215
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: about 455 yards away...with a 2 iron, I think.

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby BigMcK on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Sign and trade to any team that will give back some injury avoidance luck. Anything to break the injury bug.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,135
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: Are you there, yet?

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby TheHammer24 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

pugilist13 wrote:Anywhere but here, hopefully. "Splash" play guys are a dime a dozen in the current NFL. See ya.

This statement is so false it hurts.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,112
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby JS© on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:00 pm

malkinshair wrote:
JS© wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Would get great pleasure from the Steelers franchising him if they did. His tears would be delicious.


After re-reading this, I think I'd laugh more knowing that he was "stuck" here for another season.


Nope, let him walk. The worst thing you could do is franchise him. He played uninspired and scared all year. He's worried about him, not about performing to the best of his abilities. I'd go so far as to say he was more worried about finishing each game unhurt this year than he was about winning games.

He was one of my favorite players last year, and I was hoping that the Steelers would lock him up long term last offseason...now I'm kinda glad they didn't. His attitude certainly isn't uncommon among today's professional athletes (me first), but this is the first time I remember a Steeler letting it carry over to the field.

In a season of crazy disappointments, Wallace's attitude/performance ranks 1A in my book.


I think you misunderstood the intent of my quote. I'm laughing because I know he's stuck here, not because I want him here.

Yes, he still gets paid thanks to the franchise tag, but he also puts himself another year away from that so-called big contract that he expects. If he's plays as lazy, uninspired, and scared as he did this year, that big payday will never come. I think his lack of offers this past offseason has already shown that not many teams aren't breaking out the checkbook for Wallace. Since his performance declined this year, I hope he isn't expecting "Fitzgerald money" in the offseason.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,573
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: so, where does mike wallace

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Draggin' University
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,999
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail