Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Far Cry 3 purchased. YUM
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:Even though it's a oldie, Monopoly for NES. Played it last night for close to an hour. It was fun for a while but it got boring towards the end.

I've lost many hours to this game. I also loved Classic Concentration.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:22 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:Even though it's a oldie, Monopoly for NES. Played it last night for close to an hour. It was fun for a while but it got boring towards the end.

I've lost many hours to this game. I also loved Classic Concentration.

Classic concentration was a cool game to play. When I was a kid my cousin had that game on her computer and we used to play it all the time.

Now you want to talk about a classic for NES to play it would be Tecmo Bowl and Duck Hunt. Bought Tecmo Bowl after Christmas and got it a few days ago. I can see why everyone likes that game. It's very exciting to play.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Bo Jackson is unstoppable in this game as far as I remember.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Bo Jackson is unstoppable in this game as far as I remember.

Oh yeah. You just give him the ball in that game and he runs for a TD like it was child's play.

I saw the 30 for 30 on him the other day. Basically a great athlete but has a what if attached to his career due to his injuries and him playing two sports at once.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby eddysnake on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:19 am

Trine 2 for Wii U is pretty spectacular.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:30 am

Those Trine games are must-play. The wii u version looks nothing like the PS3 one. Looks bigger, maybe not as colorful. Plus the layout is different. Looks really good, though.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Those Trine games are must-play. The wii u version looks nothing like the PS3 one. Looks bigger, maybe not as colorful. Plus the layout is different. Looks really good, though.

My wife and I played for 4 hours last night (which is close to what I've played all year with my old wii) and she is not a big video game fan, don't know much about this series, but it's a blast. The graphics are stunning.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Just finished Halo 4 campaign... much shorter than I thought it would be, but oh well. Now to play some multiplayer and get destroyed by all the people that know the maps like the back of their hand.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby eddysnake on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 pm

http://www.buy.com/prod/black-built-in-motion-plus-inside-remote-nunchuck-controller-for/241726520.html

knockoff wii motion plus controller with nunchuck on buy.com. Has anyone used buy.com before or ever bought these knockoff remotes? $17 vs $70 is a pretty big difference, not sure if its worth it though?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby offsides on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 pm

I have purchased quite a few items from buy.com including a year XBox live for $40 two weeks ago. Never had any issues.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby offsides on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm

For any Borderland 2 fans out there, IMO the DLC Pirate's Booty is well worth the ten bucks. I just finished it up, or ar least as far as I can go until Gearbox sends out a patch (which they are suppose to) to allow my maximum level to go over 50. It is a nice long map with new tough badies to blow away and great new weapons. I can't beat the last boss (hyperious the invincible) because I was level 50 when I got the quest to take him out. He is level 52 and his helpers are 51. Map is still well worth it, to me. I'll advance my level as soon as the patch is ready and go take him out.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:15 pm

They are discontinuing PS2 in Japan.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/sony-stops-shipping-playstation-2-japan-1C7753033

Did anyone ever try playing PS2 games (off disk) on the new slim PS3 with the PS2 software you can download off PSN? If so, did it work well? I have a PS2 and like 10+ games I really like, so I'm just curious.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 am

Liking GTA IV so far. It's always confusing to start a new GTA game because the cities are so large it's not unlike moving to a new town in real life. It helps that I played GTA: Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS, and that game was also set in this version of Liberty City, so I already know the layout somewhat.

Also, Liberty City really needs EZPass.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am

Was playing Mario Kart Wii with my nephews this weekend. It's been like 2 years since I played. Forgot how fun it was.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Been playing a whole lotta Madden. It's ok. Nothing really to write home about.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Played some Halo 4 at my friend's house last night. First try at it and we did Heroic co-op mission. Man do they have the difficulty cranked up on that sucker. And it is mentally painful to go from playing Battlefiend and/or COD controls back to Halo. The subtle changes in buttons really mess you up.

I also got a shot to play BlOps 2 online with another of our friends after we played a couple hours of Halo. They preferred the zombie mode over the online battles. It was "meh." The levels are so small that it's hard to get past the first 8 rounds on survival, especially with the limited weapons they give you. The "Transit" mode was fun with the bus station, but similar issue. By round 8 or 9, it's almost impossible to move anywhere with all the fire around you.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 pm

It is absolutely mindblowing how FRIGGING TERRIBLE some Black Ops/COD players are. I was just on a team with one such horrible player...hardcore CTF. He went the entire match without killing a single soul. No captures, no returns, nothing. He contributed nothing. I checked his K:D ratio, it was like 0.3. Why the **** are you playing hardcore CTF if you are so utterly terrible at the game?

I don't see what would be fun about playing a game in which you get killed anywhere from four to a dozen times between every time you actually kill someone on the other team. What's the point?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:It is absolutely mindblowing how FRIGGING TERRIBLE some Black Ops/COD players are. I was just on a team with one such horrible player...hardcore CTF. He went the entire match without killing a single soul. No captures, no returns, nothing. He contributed nothing. I checked his K:D ratio, it was like 0.3. Why the **** are you playing hardcore CTF if you are so utterly terrible at the game?

I don't see what would be fun about playing a game in which you get killed anywhere from four to a dozen times between every time you actually kill someone on the other team. What's the point?

Was his username canaan?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Was browsing through the list of demos in the PS Store only to find several were exclusive to their + network. What kind of garbage is that? I need to pay you $ so I can play a demo of a game I might want to buy? yeah, no.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:It is absolutely mindblowing how FRIGGING TERRIBLE some Black Ops/COD players are. I was just on a team with one such horrible player...hardcore CTF. He went the entire match without killing a single soul. No captures, no returns, nothing. He contributed nothing. I checked his K:D ratio, it was like 0.3. Why the **** are you playing hardcore CTF if you are so utterly terrible at the game?

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. I was that guy once :(
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:17 pm

the wicked child wrote:Was browsing through the list of demos in the PS Store only to find several were exclusive to their + network. What kind of garbage is that? I need to pay you $ so I can play a demo of a game I might want to buy? yeah, no.

microsoft does this too well at least they would make demos exclusive to gold members for like a week on some titles then after a week anyone could download it. not sure if they still do that or not. Ps+ is totally worth it imo if only for all the full free games you can download.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 pm

In an unexpected turn of events, I downloaded Final Fantasy VI off PSN. I've never played a FF game before, nor do I particularly like turn based combat.

The reason for downloading the game is I listened to this guy on youtube who has massive 1-2 hours monologues about games he likes. He ranks this game as his absolute favorite of all time. He's a very good speaker and I highly respect his opinions, so the way he talks about the game made me want to play it.

I've only played it for about an hour, but it's got me listening.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Spangler on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:10 pm

On an unrelated note. I've run into a disappointing problem in Skyrim.

I don't remember ever having this happen to me in Oblivion, but I've gotten to the point where I'm really satisfied with the weapons/equipment that I have. It's gotten to the point where I don't need to buy anything anymore, so I've accumulated a ton of coins.

Although I like the new smithing mechanic, I think the blame is on that. I've made so must jewelry, I've earned a ton of money off that.

It's disappointing because the part I like most about the game, looting/exploration, doesn't have much of a point anymore.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 pm

I liked Skyrim. But it was nowhere close to Oblivion or Morrowind in terms of my enjoying it. Part of that was probably the insanely high expectations I had, but the game just felt bland to me. The side missions were good and the core part of the game was good. The problem was with the main story and the little things.

The main story sucked. It would have been a good, perhaps great, DLC content story. But as the driving central plot of the game. It was just terrible. I was never engaged enough to care and the people I was saving more often than not I hoped died. The dragons could take over for all I care. **** the people.

Oblivion and Morrowind's main plot was enjoyable. They had the epic feel that Skyrim lacked. The first dragon encounter was cool. After that I just got annoyed by the jerks. Closing the gates in Oblivion was something I thoroughly enjoyed. The combat of Skyrim in the Oblivion world would have made me soo happy. But I love Oblivion so perhaps I am biased.

Skyrim fixed things that Oblivion lacked. I thought the dungeon and cave looting were more satisfying in Skyrim. I liked the side quests a bit more, especially ones like the Civil War (this should have been the main quest...) but it regressed in other areas such as commerce.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR