TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby canaan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm

relantel wrote:I'm ok with another season of HIMYM.
Spoiler:

Sad at the loss of Leverage - assume it means the Christmas episode was the last one? (haven't watched it yet, nor the 3 preceding)

Saw a promo for a new show where Anthony Edwards returns to TV. Think it was on ABC (this was during the 10 mins leading into the ball drop last night). Didn't catch the name, but intriguing.

And Cougar Town returns next Tuesday (1-8) at 10pm, but now on TBS. They have had an ad blitz across radio stations here in the DC area for the last month on that.

Guessing due its absence to date that CSI: Miami is dead?

That Anthony Edwards show is called Zero Hour
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:15 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:

Sad at the loss of Leverage - assume it means the Christmas episode was the last one? (haven't watched it yet, nor the 3 preceding)

Saw a promo for a new show where Anthony Edwards returns to TV. Think it was on ABC (this was during the 10 mins leading into the ball drop last night). Didn't catch the name, but intriguing.

And Cougar Town returns next Tuesday (1-8) at 10pm, but now on TBS. They have had an ad blitz across radio stations here in the DC area for the last month on that.

Yeah, CSI:Miami was offially pronounced DOA after last season.

You totally missed a chance to do one of those "yyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" jokes right there...I don't know where it is...but it is there somewhere for sure.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Manbearpig
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 am

JeffDFD wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:

Yeah, CSI:Miami was offially pronounced DOA after last season.

You totally missed a chance to do one of those "yyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh" jokes right there...I don't know where it is...but it is there somewhere for sure.

Oh trust me, it was considered.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am

Spangler wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I can see why I didn't notice him... they wisely kept his part very small and didn't allow him to try to be funny.

You say it like he has an uncontrollable urge to be funny on camera. lol

If I ever meet him one day, I'm asking him, "How the hell did you get to be in Band of Brothers".

IIRC from the making of videos on the DVDs, Band of Brothers was THE project to get a role in/on - you had HBO, Hanks, Spielberg fresh off of Saving Private Ryan - a very big deal. Every English speaking actor in the UK and Hollywood between 18-35 tried out for it, or at least inquired about it. The show had a huge cast, and I'll be sitting down watching some network drivel and one of the cast members will have a cameo on the show we're watching. My wife makes fun of me for recognizing random actors from BOB, but it happens a lot.

Case in point: My wife watches the Good Wife, which airs on Sundays on CBS. The actor who played Pvt. Albert Blithe - the soldier that goes blind temporarily in Carentan, gets shot in the neck - had a reoccurring role earlier this season. They also popup on Justified, which is produced by one of the producers of BOB and The Pacific. Gunnerson on Justified played Hoosier on The Pacific. And so on and so forth... :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spangler wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I can see why I didn't notice him... they wisely kept his part very small and didn't allow him to try to be funny.

If I ever meet him one day, I'm asking him, "How the hell did you get to be in Band of Brothers".

IIRC from the making of videos on the DVDs, Band of Brothers was THE project to get a role in/on - you had HBO, Hanks, Spielberg fresh off of Saving Private Ryan - a very big deal. Every English speaking actor in the UK and Hollywood between 18-35 tried out for it, or at least inquired about it. The show had a huge cast, and I'll be sitting down watching some network drivel and one of the cast members will have a cameo on the show we're watching. My wife makes fun of me for recognizing random actors from BOB, but it happens a lot.

Case in point: My wife watches the Good Wife, which airs on Sundays on CBS. The actor who played Pvt. Albert Blithe - the soldier that goes blind temporarily in Carentan, gets shot in the neck - had a reoccurring role earlier this season. They also popup on Justified, which is produced by one of the producers of BOB and The Pacific. Gunnerson on Justified played Hoosier on The Pacific. And so on and so forth... :lol:

I do that too...see BOB people everywhere...but, for Pacific - it worked the other way when I realized Sledge was the little kid from Jurassic Park!
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 pm

this could be interesting...

Apparently someone somewhere posted something Monday morning. This anonymous individual claims he sat in on a meeting in which David Lynch pitched a third season of “Twin Peaks” to NBC.

The story Lynch allegedly offered involves a modern-day female reporter investigating the evil, toothpaste-squeezing, mirror-smashing Killer Bob-possessed FBI special agent Dale Cooper we saw in the final minutes of the series’ second season on ABC.

Apparently this imposter Cooper went on a “rampage” and killed a pair of (so far unspecified) Twin Peaks residents and has for decades been locked away in prison.

The post alleges Lynch wants “most” of the cast back

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60200

nevermind, apparently not true
Last edited by eddysnake on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spangler wrote:

Caught a couple episodes of BoB on cable around Veteran's Day. Can't help but watch some of it when its on. One of the episodes was "Why We Fight", which happens to be my favorite, and while watching it I realized that the soldier having a romping good time with the lovely townswoman was Tom Hardy. Blew my mind. He was only in two episodes and was skinny as hell.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm

My favorite scene from BoB is towards the end when the German general speaks to his troops.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 pm

eddysnake wrote:this could be interesting...

Apparently someone somewhere posted something Monday morning. This anonymous individual claims he sat in on a meeting in which David Lynch pitched a third season of “Twin Peaks” to NBC.

The story Lynch allegedly offered involves a modern-day female reporter investigating the evil, toothpaste-squeezing, mirror-smashing Killer Bob-possessed FBI special agent Dale Cooper we saw in the final minutes of the series’ second season on ABC.

Apparently this imposter Cooper went on a “rampage” and killed a pair of (so far unspecified) Twin Peaks residents and has for decades been locked away in prison.

The post alleges Lynch wants “most” of the cast back

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60200

nevermind, apparently not true

Totally got my hopes up. Grooowwwwlllll
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Watching "Rescue Me" on Netflix. Great show.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Alejandro Rojas wrote:Watching "Rescue Me" on Netflix. Great show.

ON ANOTHER DAY, C'MON, C'MON
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Watched the whole first season. Awesome.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 am

It gets really weird in season 3 or so. Stick with it.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:18 am

It's already pretty weird.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 am

Weirder.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:58 am

Rescue Me is an amazing show
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 am

blackjack68 wrote:Weirder.

much weirder.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:26 am

Watched an episode of Duck Dynasty for the first time. I thought it was enjoyable. Nothing I'd have to watch on a regular basis, but it was fun.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Finished Season two of Rescue Me. I am of the opinion this show benefited from being on FX. If it was on HBO or like channel I think it would have suffered from being overdone (i.e.- Language, nudity, violence, etc...).

Still excellent.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Eismann on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Finished the first three seasons of The League on netflix. Just awesome. Looking forward to the new ones - nf and FX.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWB on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Justified.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm

MWB wrote:Justified.

Ohhh, yeah. January 8.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:32 pm

So I finally forced myself to the last two HIMYM episodes. Please make it stop. I did not crack a single smile. Final scene on the roof was OK, except for Barney's 16-point plan which was again dumb and tired.

I'll give you a comparison. When they were doing the more emtionally-involved scenes on Chuck, they touched me, time and time again. Why, I've been known to shed a tear on that show, but don't tell anyone. Here, I was damn clicking on other things on the internet while I was watching in a smaller window because I was so bored out of my mind.

I know I will struggle during the final season. Thankfully, the episodes are only 20 minutes.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IrishEyes on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 am

So excited for Archer to come back!
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR