Primanti's going natiowide

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Primanti's going natiowide

Postby stopper40 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm

stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Everyone can experience their nasty sandwiches now. YAY
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:38 pm

As long as they get one in Columbus, I'll be chuffed to bits.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I don't like this. I liked it being primarily a pgh thing. (I know there are a few in other locations outside of Pgh).
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 pm

newarenanow wrote:I don't like this. I liked it being primarily a pgh thing. (I know there are a few in other locations outside of Pgh).

I agree. I didnt mind the Florida thing since so many Pittsburghers move to that area.

Also, their pizza is underrated.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm

This thread is certainly going to evolve (devolve?) into a Primanti lovers v. Haters so I might as well start. I've said forever that primanti's in some of the most overrated crap. I dont think it neccesarily tastes bad, but the OMG your within 100 miles of Picksburgh you GOTTA go to Primanti's type stuff is way overblown. We have a bar here that serves "PIttsburgh style hoagies" and they are twice as big and twice as good. (provided one can measure taste numerically)
Last edited by DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm

newarenanow wrote:I don't like this. I liked it being primarily a pgh thing. (I know there are a few in other locations outside of Pgh).

as a provincial yinzer, kenny the kangaroo prefers to keep yinzer treasures only for us. this sucks.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm

agreed. But hey whatever. Im sure it wont be as good as the strip district location
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BigMcK on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

as a provincial yinzer, kenny the kangaroo prefers to keep yinzer treasures only for us. this sucks.

Trade ya an In-N-Out burger for one. Or, from The Hat.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:48 pm

BigMcK wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

Trade ya an In-N-Out burger for one. Or, from The Hat.

oo, now there's an idea. yinz can have primantis but we want something of yours.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:49 pm

If I had to pick one to live without forever, Primanti's loses in a landslide. That's more of a praise of In n Out than anything else.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

OHHH MAH GOWWWWD PRIMANNYS
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:54 pm

That sucks. I liked it being a regional tourist/visitor attraction. Now its just like every other chain.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Is it just me, or are the "new" primanti's locations crap? I swear I could go to the Oakland Primanti and think the sandwich is the greatest thing ever, but I've stopped at the Grove City one for food twice and thought the sandwich was absolute crap. The bread is unbearably dry and the rest of the sandwich lacks the craftmanship that you get from the sandwich artisans at the anchor locations. If this is any indication, this investment is going to fail, and potentially make me look foolish for pgh association with the sandwich.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Is it just me, or are the "new" primanti's locations crap? I swear I could go to the Oakland Primanti and think the sandwich is the greatest thing ever, but I've stopped at the Grove City one for food twice and thought the sandwich was absolute crap. The bread is unbearably dry and the rest of the sandwich lacks the craftmanship that you get from the sandwich artisans at the anchor locations. If this is any indication, this investment is going to fail, and potentially make me look foolish for pgh association with the sandwich.

Well.. those people for the most part wont have anything to compare it to because they've never been to the strip district, oakland, etc.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Never cared for them, but I'm sure millions of fat people will love their greasy food.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't have a problem with it. When Primanti's opened their first restaurant, their mission was to have a successful restaurant and make money. Being a Burgh thing probably came with the territory. The Yinzers who have the stance of not allowing the restaurant to leave the area are the same people who probably never left the city at any point in their life. It can expand and still be a thing Pittsburgh is known for. I don't see why it can't be both.

I think their food is ok; no better or no worse than any other chain restaurant.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm

I never knew, that the reason for the strip district, was all the truckers coming in with fresh food and things to sell, wanted a "full course meal to go".. hence everything on a sandwich.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BigMcK on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm

CA is being infiltrated by Five Guys Burgers. If you believe the reviews they post on every wall, the whole state of Florida LUV's them! Don't see the luv attraction.

In-N-Out is not shaking from worry about them as they can't compete.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:05 pm

If In and Out is better than Five guys then I'm roadtripping to the nearest one. Five Guys is phenomenal
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Is it just me, or are the "new" primanti's locations crap?.

Plus, the service at the “suburban” locations is bizarre. They actually have people who come to the tables and you tell them what you want. To me, it’s not really Primanti’s unless your order involves someone behind the counter pointing at you and saying “Hey you. What the f*** do you want?”
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:

I agree. I didnt mind the Florida thing since so many Pittsburghers move to that area.

Also, their pizza is underrated.

Agree on both points. Love their pizza.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Shyster wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Is it just me, or are the "new" primanti's locations crap?.

Plus, the service at the “suburban” locations is bizarre. They actually have people who come to the tables and you tell them what you want. To me, it’s not really Primanti’s unless your order involves someone behind the counter pointing at you and saying “Hey you. What the f*** do you want?”

lol. I remember the first time I took my fiancee in the Strip District location. She goes "where's the menu"... I pointed to the wall.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

In and Out takes a dump on Five Guys, IMO. Far fresher ingredients (a reason why they haven't expanded more, they are all within proximate distance to a distribution plant). A FAR better value than Five Guys too....you can still get a Double Double for like $2.75.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 pm

mac5155 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Is it just me, or are the "new" primanti's locations crap? I swear I could go to the Oakland Primanti and think the sandwich is the greatest thing ever, but I've stopped at the Grove City one for food twice and thought the sandwich was absolute crap. The bread is unbearably dry and the rest of the sandwich lacks the craftmanship that you get from the sandwich artisans at the anchor locations. If this is any indication, this investment is going to fail, and potentially make me look foolish for pgh association with the sandwich.

Well.. those people for the most part wont have anything to compare it to because they've never been to the strip district, oakland, etc.

Strip is the best. Since it's the original. Both downtown locations are good. Never ate at the Oakland one.

As for suburban, the one in North Versailles is pretty good. Haven't eaten at other ones.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to NHR