Winger for Sid?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Last I heard they wanted an arm and a leg for the guy.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Steve on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm

I think there's a greater chance that Sid buys the team and Mario lives in his basement.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,674
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby bhaw on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm figuring they roll Pascal "I may not have hands, but I'll put up 20 goals, *****" Dupuis and try out Tyler "He hate me... and he hate me and he hate me and she hate me" Kennedy and Eric "Most criticized trade throw in ever" Tangradi. If that doesn't work, I'm sure that Evgeni "I dominate all leagues" Malkin is fine with just James "I tried to kill Giroux and I'll I got was this stupid suspension" Neal, and Chris "Timely penalty" Kunitz can jump onto Sidney "I would have had better wingers in Europe" Crosby's line.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,002
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby mac5155 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:54 pm

BadHands71 wrote::face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face: :face:


Someone's sleeping on the couch tonight
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Bowser on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 am

Corey Perry.....
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby vcip on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:29 am

It is getting reaaly old that the Pens cannot get a legit frontline winger for Crosby. Huge problem IMO
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Fire0nice228 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am

Pens led the league in goals last year and Sid barely played at all.. Why do we need a big name winger? I just don't see it..
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,701
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby vcip on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:Pens led the league in goals last year and Sid barely played at all.. Why do we need a big name winger? I just don't see it..



it will create more space for Crosby & add points hopefully giving more wins. So sick of Dupuis on top line
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Dupuis had 25 goals last season. He is a proven sniper with soff hands, and a knack for finding the back of the net. He has teh ability to keep up with The Sidney Crosby.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,321
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Fire0nice228 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:53 pm

vcip wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Pens led the league in goals last year and Sid barely played at all.. Why do we need a big name winger? I just don't see it..



it will create more space for Crosby & add points hopefully giving more wins. So sick of Dupuis on top line



How many more goals do you need if you already lead the league in goals for? Sid and Geno are already 50 goal scorers and Neal has the potential and there is only one puck. This team needs to learn how to keep pucks out of the back of the net alot more than they need anything else.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,701
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:54 pm

MOAR. That's how many.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,302
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby RPKJr429 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

bhaw wrote:I'm figuring they roll Pascal "I may not have hands, but I'll put up 20 goals, *****" Dupuis and try out Tyler "He hate me... and he hate me and he hate me and she hate me" Kennedy and Eric "Most criticized trade throw in ever" Tangradi. If that doesn't work, I'm sure that Evgeni "I dominate all leagues" Malkin is fine with just James "I tried to kill Giroux and I'll I got was this stupid suspension" Neal, and Chris "Timely penalty" Kunitz can jump onto Sidney "I would have had better wingers in Europe" Crosby's line.



I lol'd hard, but this is exactly what will happen. :thumb:
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Mark Madden's Salad

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby DelPen on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Bylsma said today he's planning on Dupuis and Kunitz so I guess that settle that.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,663
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby columbia on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Good.

As long as the other wing on Malkin's line can skate and fog up a mirror, they'll be fine.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,735
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby PhantomJB93 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm

vcip wrote:It is getting reaaly old that the Pens cannot get a legit frontline winger for Crosby. Huge problem IMO


It's funny because I still think they got Neal with the intention of having him be the long sought-after winger for Sid, but because he was still hurt Geno snatched Neal for himself and now there's no reason to mess with their chemistry.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: Blacksburg, VA

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby vcip on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:
vcip wrote:It is getting reaaly old that the Pens cannot get a legit frontline winger for Crosby. Huge problem IMO


It's funny because I still think they got Neal with the intention of having him be the long sought-after winger for Sid, but because he was still hurt Geno snatched Neal for himself and now there's no reason to mess with their chemistry.



I agree with you
vcip
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis - This is the line when Crosby was tearing up the league prior to the Steckel hit.
X-Malkin-Neal - X can be a combination of Cooke, Tangradi, Jeffrey, Kennedy and Bennett.
Cooke looked good potting goals on Crosby's wing last year. Kennedy would privide a RH shot on Geno's LW. Tangradi could provide a net front presence similar to Malone.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Winger for Sid?

Postby Azkar on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Steve Dave wrote:Trade for Malone.



:thumb: :thumb:
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,425
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: PFISEA

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chirpin' Grinder, DesertPenguin, Gabe, Mr. Colby, sjnhiils and 18 guests


e-mail