STH - Have you heard from your rep on tix/payments?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

STH - Have you heard from your rep on tix/payments?

Postby Ben Klingston on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 pm

As I recall, those on the STH payment plan had the last payment deducted in September; then they were suspended during the lockout. When I look at my account online, there are no 'open' invoices, and it shows a 'completed' invoice for 2012-2013 that doesn't make any sense; i.e. the total and the monthly payment plan amounts are off.... though if you go by $/ticket, the total shown for me would be if they played 21 home games this season... I'm confused but haven't heard anything from the Pens yet.

Also, once they get the new schedule set, I'm assuming they'll have to get a rush order of tickets out there to us....
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: STH - Have you heard from your rep on tix/payments?

Postby Jopaz on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 pm

If you were on the payment plan, it appears that you will be close to or already paid in full for your tickets with some variation depending on the cost of your seats and how many games they decide to play. (at least that is how the math worked out for my 2 seats).
The invoice amounts will have to be updated once they confirm 24 or 25 home games.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:As I recall, those on the STH payment plan had the last payment deducted in September; then they were suspended during the lockout. When I look at my account online, there are no 'open' invoices, and it shows a 'completed' invoice for 2012-2013 that doesn't make any sense; i.e. the total and the monthly payment plan amounts are off.... though if you go by $/ticket, the total shown for me would be if they played 21 home games this season... I'm confused but haven't heard anything from the Pens yet.

Also, once they get the new schedule set, I'm assuming they'll have to get a rush order of tickets out there to us....

Unless I missed it they havent decided how many games yet? Probably no open invoice because they dont know what to charge.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Probably won't hear anything until the NHL releases the schedules.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TRazzy66 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 pm

It would be nice if they lowered the ticket prices like the players were bringing up back in September and October to drum up support! That was supposed to be part of the positive effects of the 2005 CBA but I don't remember that happening.
TRazzy66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Nothing yet, but I don't want to complain about the lack of proactive contact. I don't want to come off as a spoiled season ticket holder..... 8-)
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ben Klingston on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:50 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:As I recall, those on the STH payment plan had the last payment deducted in September; then they were suspended during the lockout. When I look at my account online, there are no 'open' invoices, and it shows a 'completed' invoice for 2012-2013 that doesn't make any sense; i.e. the total and the monthly payment plan amounts are off.... though if you go by $/ticket, the total shown for me would be if they played 21 home games this season... I'm confused but haven't heard anything from the Pens yet.

Unless I missed it they havent decided how many games yet? Probably no open invoice because they dont know what to charge.

The thing is, my account online makes it look like I am paid in full for my seats, which when you look at the paid in full amount, would work out to 21 home games (42 game season, which isn't one of the rumored options). Weird. Maybe the account page is just in some weird never-never land between lockout and playing, and they just haven't updated things properly.

I just expected to hear something from them today, even if it was a 'This is how we are expecting the next 2 weeks to go', or a 'hold tight until the deal is signed'.... it's not like they haven't had months to think about it.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Haven't heard anything yet. I don't think anything can be announced until the agreement is ratified.

Factoring in my deposit, and with 4 payments done, I think my season is paid for.

Edit: I made a bigger deposit than required.
Last edited by llipgh2 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ben Klingston on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Nothing yet, but I don't want to complain about the lack of proactive contact. I don't want to come off as a spoiled season ticket holder..... 8-)

Well, allow me. :D

And to top it all off, we'll probably get crappy Ticketmaster-esque new printed tickets without any gold leaf or engravings. Sheesh. :roll:
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I called today as the invoice page did not match my records. The rep quickly confirmed that the amount I had paid was what was showing in their records. I didn't bother to ask about the disconnect between the ticketmaster display and what is really in the account.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Nothing yet, but I don't want to complain about the lack of proactive contact. I don't want to come off as a spoiled season ticket holder..... 8-)

Well, allow me. :D

And to top it all off, we'll probably get crappy Ticketmaster-esque new printed tickets without any gold leaf or engravings. Sheesh. :roll:

LOL Aww... ;)
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Curiosity got the best of me. So I logged into my account.

The amount paid to date is correct for me. The Pens spread the amount across all 8 months and marked the invoice complete.
If I could remember what the heck the STH price was for my seats, I could figure out if I owe anything.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MicP on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:04 am

llipgh2 wrote:Curiosity got the best of me. So I logged into my account.

The amount paid to date is correct for me. The Pens spread the amount across all 8 months and marked the invoice complete.
If I could remember what the heck the STH price was for my seats, I could figure out if I owe anything.

Well, you made me curious also. I am paid in full, now it shows I owe $1400 +. I should have received 1.5% interest on my account.
Luckily I still have the paid invoice receipt showing the dates I paid and that I'm paid in full. I'll give them a few days before I contact them. I'm sure they're real busy right now.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby betteroff87 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:01 am

I neglected to keep good track of my payments, so I had a rep email me the info. It was a breakdown of what was paid/when, and what my balance was (would be). That system under "my account" is garbage. We should be able to see the same thing that the reps see.
betteroff87
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shoeshine boy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 am

Ben Klingston wrote:

but with the smaller tickets it'll be easier for you to hang on to all of your diamond tiaras and stuff. :P
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby roland on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am

shoeshine boy wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:

but with the smaller tickets it'll be easier for you to hang on to all of your diamond tiaras and stuff. :P

I'm pretty sure the Pens said to hold onto your STH booklet of tickets because they will be re-used. I assume they will go by Home Game # on the tickets and ignore the rest of the stuff like date/time and opponent.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 am

roland wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Pens said to hold onto your STH booklet of tickets because they will be re-used. I assume they will go by Home Game # on the tickets and ignore the rest of the stuff like date/time and opponent.

That is correct.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beLIEve on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
roland wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:

That is correct.

Not only that, but I imagine the vast majority (if not all) of the home dates will remain exactly the same. Opponents obviously have to change in a few cases, such as Calgary and LA Kings games will being swapped out for Eastern teams or balancing out the remaining games in the East (we have no games against Carolina or Winnipeg at home on the schedule right now). I'm sure some start times will change as well, but thats not out of the ordinary even for a full season.

Oh, and they'll have to add 3 home dates in there too (currently only 21 tickets left, but they'll have 24 home games).
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 am

Yeah, it makes sense for dates to remain largely the same, obviously arenas will be available those dates.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jopaz on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:57 am

Re-using the tickets could get real confusing. Let's assume that they still play at home against Ottawa on Feb 2 and that is home game #2 of the new schedule. Do I use the original Game #2 ticket for Oct 16, or do I use the Game #23 ticket which actually is for Feb 2 vs. Ottawa? Scalplers will have a field day with this.

It would be better to just issue new generic tickets that say game 1, game 2, etc with opponent and time TBA, just like the playoff tickets they issued.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 am

They said to hold onto tickets for a reason, they'll probably go off the numbers on the tickets.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby drnort on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:45 am

Ben Klingston wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:

The thing is, my account online makes it look like I am paid in full for my seats, which when you look at the paid in full amount, would work out to 21 home games (42 game season, which isn't one of the rumored options). Weird. Maybe the account page is just in some weird never-never land between lockout and playing, and they just haven't updated things properly.

My guess - 21 games are how many were still remaining after the NHL officially cancelled games. Every time they announced new cancellations our invoice was updated to show only the number of games remaining on the schedule.

In reality, you paid in full for the 21 games as shown...but you also have paid more than that and will have a credit in your account once all is said and done.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 am

My season ticket rep explained what will happen with existing tickets/new tickets.

If the games sync up with dates on existing tickets, use those tickets.

If the games are a new date, new tickets will be issued and those should be used.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 am

Nice, I can't believe teams can afford to do that considering the league is going bankrupt.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Ok, just checked on my invoices.

There is one open invoice, which just looks like it represents that I'm on the 8 game payment plan. The amount is wrong for paid and what I'd owe for 24 games.

There is one closed invoice, called "new" 2012-2013 Season Invoice". The amount is correct for 24 games. But it also is showing me as paid in full. Even though I will owe $36.60.

Could the Pens possibly be waiving the remaining payment?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins