Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd.

Postby flame on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:20 pm

Friend of mine works in Pittsburgh radio.

Confirmed to me Pens open at Philly at 3 PM the 19th

Home opener is vs Toronto on the 23rd.
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Still unofficial, I assume.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby no name on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Gaucho wrote:Still unofficial, I assume.


I think the league will offically announce tomorrow once the players vote. But its been concistant with what we heard all along.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,911
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby penny lane on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 pm

~ canes, last game of season, 4-27.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Jordan Staal's ONLY trip to PGH -- 4/27, the @penguins last game of the #NHL season #pens
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,473
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 pm

I sort of hate the prospect of opening the season in Philly.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,535
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Prove it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby relantel on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Gaucho wrote:I sort of hate the prospect of opening the season in Philly.

what better way to cleanse the wounds of last year? :pop:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,946
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby columbia on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

penny lane wrote:~ canes, last game of season, 4-27.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Jordan Staal's ONLY trip to PGH -- 4/27, the @penguins last game of the #NHL season #pens


If they play the Caines in Raleigh on a Saturday night, I'm heading up for that.

Fingers crossed. :)
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,357
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby flame on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Yep he just msgd me saying Staal comes in for last game of season 4/27 also. He also claims Pens will play the Rangers and Islanders 5 times each. Flyers and Devils 4 times
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby thepittman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Gaucho wrote:I sort of hate the prospect of opening the season in Philly.


I'll be there hopefully, I'm undefeated there
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,098
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby MelicharSux on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 pm

flame wrote:Yep he just msgd me saying Staal comes in for last game of season 4/27 also. He also claims Pens will play the Rangers and Islanders 5 times each. Flyers and Devils 4 times


Mark Madden?

:scared: :scared: :scared:
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,531
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:45 pm
Location: Columbus.

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Rossi's early tweet has the Pens on the road first 4 of 5 games... Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Sens. Rough way to start the season.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,391
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

columbia wrote:
penny lane wrote:~ canes, last game of season, 4-27.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Jordan Staal's ONLY trip to PGH -- 4/27, the @penguins last game of the #NHL season #pens


If they play the Caines in Raleigh on a Saturday night, I'm heading up for that.

Fingers crossed. :)

See ya there, bub. :fist:

Or am I boycotting the NHL this year?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,997
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby flame on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 pm

MelicharSux wrote:
flame wrote:Yep he just msgd me saying Staal comes in for last game of season 4/27 also. He also claims Pens will play the Rangers and Islanders 5 times each. Flyers and Devils 4 times


Mark Madden?

:scared: :scared: :scared:


No sir but I did have a drink with Madden at a bar in 2008 lol
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Well...at least hockey's back
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,178
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby flame on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Just saw Rossi says the same stuff. Pretty much confirmed what the first 5 games of season are and last game are at least.

Kinda glad we get the Islanders 5x instead of Flyers or Devils
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby The Current One on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:45 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Rossi's early tweet has the Pens on the road first 4 of 5 games... Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Sens. Rough way to start the season.


Very tough if true. If it's the Flyers and Rangers on the road before coming home, that's going to be difficult. With only 48 games, I think they would have to grab at least six points out of the first five games to be in the thick of things, even though it's still early at that point. The Toronto game is the most winnable, obviously, but I could certainly imagine a scenario where they go 1-4 in those first five, and things could snowball from there.
The Current One
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:41 pm

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby PensFaninRegina on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib
Sorry, traditionalists. No Saturday night home games for Pens on revamped schedule.
PensFaninRegina
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 pm

The Current One wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Rossi's early tweet has the Pens on the road first 4 of 5 games... Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Sens. Rough way to start the season.


Very tough if true. If it's the Flyers and Rangers on the road before coming home, that's going to be difficult. With only 48 games, I think they would have to grab at least six points out of the first five games to be in the thick of things, even though it's still early at that point. The Toronto game is the most winnable, obviously, but I could certainly imagine a scenario where they go 1-4 in those first five, and things could snowball from there.


I read this post before reading the user, which is always an error. When I read that last sentence, I was thinking: "this is either Bathgate or The Current one".
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,980
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby beLIEve on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
The Current One wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Rossi's early tweet has the Pens on the road first 4 of 5 games... Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Sens. Rough way to start the season.


Very tough if true. If it's the Flyers and Rangers on the road before coming home, that's going to be difficult. With only 48 games, I think they would have to grab at least six points out of the first five games to be in the thick of things, even though it's still early at that point. The Toronto game is the most winnable, obviously, but I could certainly imagine a scenario where they go 1-4 in those first five, and things could snowball from there.


I read this post before reading the user, which is always an error. When I read that last sentence, I was thinking: "this is either Bathgate or The Current one".


You have to assume that they come out of any 5 game stretch that includes the Leafs and the Jets with at least 4 points. You just have to.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:28 pm

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby penny lane on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

columbia wrote:
penny lane wrote:~ canes, last game of season, 4-27.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Jordan Staal's ONLY trip to PGH -- 4/27, the @penguins last game of the #NHL season #pens


If they play the Caines in Raleigh on a Saturday night, I'm heading up for that.

Fingers crossed. :)

:!: exactly :wink:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,473
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:52 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Rossi's early tweet has the Pens on the road first 4 of 5 games... Flyers, Rangers, Jets and Sens. Rough way to start the season.


I like it. Test their mettle against rivals early, and early road bonding.

EDIT: Also, hopefully they'll play good, sound road hockey and not be thinking about trying to impress the hometown fans with fancy pants play.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,153
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

penny lane wrote:
columbia wrote:
penny lane wrote:~ canes, last game of season, 4-27.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
Jordan Staal's ONLY trip to PGH -- 4/27, the @penguins last game of the #NHL season #pens


If they play the Caines in Raleigh on a Saturday night, I'm heading up for that.

Fingers crossed. :)

:!: exactly :wink:


Good idea. I may in fact do that as well.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,153
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Gaucho wrote:I sort of hate the prospect of opening the season in Philly.


You knew it had to be this way, though, right, Gaucho? This is the way the Universe effs with us at times.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,474
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: Following Geno on Instagram

Re: Pens opening at Philly 19th, Home opener vs Toronto 23rd

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Why are we all so scared of Philly?!? We need to have the attitude that we go there and stomp them!
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,153
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stopper40 and 9 guests

e-mail