STH - Have you heard from your rep on tix/payments?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: STH - Have you heard from your rep on tix/payments?

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:04 pm

llipgh2 wrote:My season ticket rep explained what will happen with existing tickets/new tickets.

If the games sync up with dates on existing tickets, use those tickets.

If the games are a new date, new tickets will be issued and those should be used.

If the former this is going to be confusing as hell, and others have said scalpers will have a field day with the unsuspecting victim.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:07 pm

DocEmrick wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:My season ticket rep explained what will happen with existing tickets/new tickets.

If the games sync up with dates on existing tickets, use those tickets.

If the games are a new date, new tickets will be issued and those should be used.

If the former this is going to be confusing as hell, and others have said scalpers will have a field day with the unsuspecting victim.

I was thinking the exact same thing. But...buyer beware (for the scalper part).
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby King Sid the Great 87 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:18 pm

What's so comfusing? If there was a ticket in the original package with date X on it, and the new schedule has a game on day X, use the ticket from the original package.

Are you supposing that scampers are going to have a way to produce counterfeit tickets that have accurate, time, date, and opponent info when compared to the new schedule? If so, that doesn't really introduce a problem unless the counterfeiting capability is new this year.
King Sid the Great 87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MicP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 pm

I wasn't told to hold on to my tickets, but I did.
My understanding is that the Pens received the schedule this AM. I was told "it looks as if the Penguins will play their home opener Wednesday, Jan. 23". They should be playing Jan. 21st at home.
If that is fact or not I don't know, but it would be too confusing to use the original tickets. For a price they can get tickets printed fast and do overnight delivery.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby roland on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:44 pm

I've sold tickets through craigslist and met people to exchange cash. Some people aren't worried about being ripped off at all and pay before I send them tickets (if mailed.) Others are skeptical and in order to show the tickets are legit, I bring my entire season ticket book with me and let them rip the tickets from the book. I had one person scan a copy of my drivers license into an ipad just to make her feel more comfortable.

That being said, selling a ticket to whatever game, lets say Sunday 2/10 vs Rangers, I will have to sell a ticket that says Sunday 2/10 Pens vs Los Angeles at 7:30...and the game time may end up being different as well.

I originally thought they were going to use the first half of the tickets in the book and ignore the date and go by "Home Game #" like they do in the playoffs. Tickets would be sold for Home Games 1-24 out of the tickets that were sent. Guess snot.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drnort on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Ok, just checked on my invoices.

There is one open invoice, which just looks like it represents that I'm on the 8 game payment plan. The amount is wrong for paid and what I'd owe for 24 games.

There is one closed invoice, called "new" 2012-2013 Season Invoice". The amount is correct for 24 games. But it also is showing me as paid in full. Even though I will owe $36.60.

Could the Pens possibly be waiving the remaining payment?

Not to be nosy, but how to do you still owe $36.60?? You should have paid 20% down back in March and then you paid June, July, August, and September payments. Everyone should be owed something back.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm

drnort wrote:
Not to be nosy, but how to do you still owe $36.60?? You should have paid 20% down back in March and then you paid June, July, August, and September payments. Everyone should be owed something back.

I paid more than the 20%. So I'm not sure. If I could remember the season ticket discount was I'd be able to figure this out. All I know is neither invoice reflects what I've paid to this point.

I should say the one invoice reflects less than amount paid, the other reflects not enough. So I have no idea why both are out there.

EDIT. Duh...I was using my playoff ticket payment as my deposit amount. That's the problem.
Last edited by llipgh2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MicP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:08 pm

My Upper level tickets are $33.50 each. Full Season.
MicP
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drnort on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
drnort wrote:

I paid more than the 20%. So I'm not sure. If I could remember the season ticket discount was I'd be able to figure this out. All I know is neither invoice reflects what I've paid to this point.

I should say the one invoice reflects less than amount paid, the other reflects not enough. So I have no idea why both are out there.

The open invoice should show the amount that you still owed IF the Penguins had continued to take your October, November, December, and January payments. That is simply old and should be ignored.

The new closed invoice if divided by 24 should show you the cost of each ticket. It is closed because you have already paid more than enough to cover it. What you cannot see at this time, is how much extra is in your account that they will owe back to you.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 pm

drnort wrote:The open invoice should show the amount that you still owed IF the Penguins had continued to take your October, November, December, and January payments. That is simply old and should be ignored.

Yeah, that I figured out. I alluded to that in my post.

drnort wrote:The new closed invoice if divided by 24 should show you the cost of each ticket. It is closed because you have already paid more than enough to cover it. What you cannot see at this time, is how much extra is in your account that they will owe back to you.

See above edit. I was using the wrong number for my deposit. It works out when I use the correct number.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby beLIEve on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:18 pm

drnort wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Ok, just checked on my invoices.

There is one open invoice, which just looks like it represents that I'm on the 8 game payment plan. The amount is wrong for paid and what I'd owe for 24 games.

There is one closed invoice, called "new" 2012-2013 Season Invoice". The amount is correct for 24 games. But it also is showing me as paid in full. Even though I will owe $36.60.

Could the Pens possibly be waiving the remaining payment?

Yeah, if you use the payment plan, the math works out to
20% deposit
remaining 80 percent spread over 8 payments (10% per month)

So that is:
20% deposit +
10% June +
10% July +
10% August +
10% September
= 60% paid at a minimum

If you're on a half season plan
21 games in plan * 60% paid for = 12.6 games paid for. You'd only be getting 12 games in this shortened season, so they'd owe you a refund of .6*[seat price at your level]*[number of seats in your plan].

If you're on a full season plan
43 games in plan * 60% paid for = 25.8 games paid for. You'd only be getting 24 games in this shortened season, so they'd owe you a refund of 1.8*[seat price at your level]*number of seats.

If you paid more up front, or applied ticket exchange balance at any point in there, the amount of refund they'd owe you would only increase.

The only way I see someone owing money would be some specific circumstance (such as my buddies who were able to switch from half season to full season in the middle of the lockout, and the price of their tickets also went up in their new location).
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby knighsb on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Relocated my seats and spoke to the ticket office today and seems that they are still in planning mode but here is what she told me:
If u have a balance remaining on your account they will take it in 2 equal payments on 1/15 & 2/1
Looking as if the schedule will be too different and to avoid confusion- new tickets will be printed (keep old ones just in case)
All will be put in communication as soon as players accept cba and schedule released
knighsb

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins