Pens at Carolina

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens at Carolina

Postby Senka on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 pm

With moving to VA this year, NC is my closest away game outside of DC. I intend on buying tickets as soon as they go on sale. I need two but would love 4. My questions are this: do they presell single game tickets or anything? Has anyone been to Carolina to suggest seats or where not to sit? If i get a hotel should i stay away from the city or not? And finally about how much may I be looking at spending?

I'm excited and its a prelim schedule released by 105.9
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Pens at Carolina

Postby Malkin0017 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 pm

I was actually there last year. Tickets were actually cheap. I went on Stubhub and got 7 tickets in the Center Ice Premier section for like $70 or $80 apiece.
Malkin0017
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Been many times (like 10), used to live in NC..tickets are cheap compared to buying on the 2nd market here in Pitt. If your going with a group of adults go early and tailgate if the weather is nice. Theres always some Pens fans around and the locals are halfway decent and the tailgate is pretty good, especially for hockey. Moonshine! The arena is kinda in the middle of nowhere, not right in the city like here in the 'burgh, but easy to get to. Now that I dont live in NC, when I go down to visit friends for games ( I converted a few NC'ers to be hockey/Pens fans) I fly down and stay at the Hyatt Place by the airport and they drive over and get a room for themselves as well. Access to the arena from there is real easy and theres a cool little shopping/food area just 2 exits down the highway but I forget what its called. The Arena is nice..Ive say kinda low and I've sat in the very highest row. Get lower bowl seats cause they'll be alot cheaper than you can get most places in my experience. Best thing about living/going to games in the south is the tickets are cheap. I have gone to ATL, CAR and TB and its funny how inexpensive it can be compared to here.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Welcome to DC. Tickets are cheap (compared to a pens game in DC) and the stadium isnt really close to downtown. My sister lives in the area so I didn't stay in a hotel when I went last year, so can't help with location.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby roland on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 pm

The best place to find tickets for road games is seat geek dot com. They search all sites that are selling tickets (ebay, stub hub, tickets now, etc.) and show a map of the arena just like ticket master does. I used them to buy seats for a Sabres game last year and had no problems.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Senka on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Lowerbowl it is. My questions now would simply be: Should I but at 10am when they go on sale, or wait for stubhub/etc.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jopaz on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Just my 2 cents, you are looking at weeknight games in a place that does not always sell out. There is probably not a lot of risk in waiting. I suspect there will not be a line at the Hurricanes ticket office on Tuesday morning. If you are looking at the April game, you might find good prices by waiting if the Canes have dropped out of contention by then.
Either way, waiting a week or 2 probably will not cost you any more and you might find some better deals.
Jopaz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins