Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby DelPen on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 pm

no name wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:Is he really that bad? I was under the impression the main reason the Rangers sent him down was because they didn't want him to count against the salary cap. Not specifically because of poor play.

Wouldn't they have played him if he was allowed to take a pay cut?



A combination, he wasn't playing like a 6 million dollar defenceman. Sure he was still a NHL quality guy just not at that price tag. They also had other guys they wanted to bring in.

I just seen the NHLPA and NHL are trying to figure out how to settle Gomez and Redden, rangers want them to sit out so they can't get injured and buy them out next season. The NHLPA want to find a way so they can play the year, and still get bought out. I say, allow thoes guys to sign somewhere else, and rangers got to pay that salary also on top of buying out their contractsnext season. Redden and Gomez fear sitting a year will end their career.


I guess they can't just be happy stealing 6 or 7 million, can they.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,523
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby canaan on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm

no name wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:Is he really that bad? I was under the impression the main reason the Rangers sent him down was because they didn't want him to count against the salary cap. Not specifically because of poor play.

Wouldn't they have played him if he was allowed to take a pay cut?



A combination, he wasn't playing like a 6 million dollar defenceman. Sure he was still a NHL quality guy just not at that price tag. They also had other guys they wanted to bring in.

I just seen the NHLPA and NHL are trying to figure out how to settle Gomez and Redden, rangers want them to sit out so they can't get injured and buy them out next season. The NHLPA want to find a way so they can play the year, and still get bought out. I say, allow thoes guys to sign somewhere else, and rangers got to pay that salary also on top of buying out their contractsnext season. Redden and Gomez fear sitting a year will end their career.

its been ruled that they can be bought out before saturday and the club would be on the hook for their whole salary, not cap hit.

they are free to sign with another club.

scott gomez at league minimum would be an option :pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,110
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:26 pm

I hope someone takes a chance on Gomez. He has to be able to find some of what he used to be.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,623
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby meow on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
All teams will have option of using a compliance buyout now, as reported by @RealKyper. Catch is, for this season only, cap hit stays.


Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
After this season, new CBA rule is buyout counts against players' share of HRR but not against cap.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,058
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby joopen on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:27 pm

I figured the worst thing for their careers would be to play and not sit out. If they don't play then GM's might forget how bad they have been.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,849
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 pm

meow wrote:
Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
All teams will have option of using a compliance buyout now, as reported by @RealKyper. Catch is, for this season only, cap hit stays.


Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
After this season, new CBA rule is buyout counts against players' share of HRR but not against cap.

Great compromise decision for Redden and Gomez situations.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,156
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby meow on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:
meow wrote:
Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
All teams will have option of using a compliance buyout now, as reported by @RealKyper. Catch is, for this season only, cap hit stays.


Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
After this season, new CBA rule is buyout counts against players' share of HRR but not against cap.

Great compromise decision for Redden and Gomez situations.

Sounds like the Rangers got the ball rolling on this. The sooner these guys can cut ties with their respective teams, the better.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,058
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Kaizer on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:39 pm

Image
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,407
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 pm

hey MTL and NYR...sorry about that lockout thing that cost you a zillion more dollars than everyone else. here's a bone.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,257
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Defence21 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Maybe I'm entirely crazy, but having Gomez take the draws on a Malkin/Neal line, then shift to the left wing and feed them the puck at a $1 million salary wouldn't be the worst idea I've heard. In fact, I'm not quite sure it's a bad idea, at all. Again, maybe I'm crazy, but he once was a prolific passer, and at an extremely discounted rate in a supporting role, he might be a decent fit?

I'm worried about the responses and the longterm impact this post will have on my reputation. :oops: :face:
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,865
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:37 pm

I'd be very open to that idea. Of course my reputation is awful, so I have no problem saying that. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,623
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 pm

No. No Gomez. Gomez No. No.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,586
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby meow on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 pm

With the amount he turns it over, along side Malkin's cough-it-upness, that line would never have the puck.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,058
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Defence21 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 pm

meow wrote:With the amount he turns it over, along side Malkin's cough-it-upness, that line would never have the puck.

Valid point. And, looking at his stats, his faceoff win percentage is nowhere near what I thought it was, hoovering at or just below 50%. I was thinking it was much higher than that, which eliminates one reason I felt he might be a good fit.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,865
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm willing to look past Montreal. With any talent around him, I think he'd be better.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,623
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm

He's scored 1 goal in the last 2 calendar years. Why is he a good idea?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,002
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby columbia on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 pm

MRandall25 wrote:He's scored 1 goal in the last 2 calendar years. Why is he a good idea?


That's not stopping Tangradi from being considered. ;)
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,493
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby mikey287 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm

MRandall25 wrote:He's scored 1 goal in the last 2 calendar years. Why is he a good idea?


Carry over from Generation X is Generation Why? -- picking up others garbage to provide offense on a team that can't do anything but score...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,587
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 pm

columbia wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:He's scored 1 goal in the last 2 calendar years. Why is he a good idea?


That's not stopping Tangradi from being considered. ;)


In Tangradi's defense, he wasn't on the roster for half of it :lol:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,002
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby JS© on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:17 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,806
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Pitts on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 pm

no name wrote:Redden and Gomez fear sitting a year will end their career.

Didn't their careers end a year or two ago?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,825
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Pitts on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Defence21 wrote:I'm worried about the responses and the longterm impact this post will have on my reputation. :oops: :face:

You should be.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,825
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby columbia on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm

I would expect Gomez to get an NHL job in the next month or so.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,493
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:05 am

Defence21 wrote:Maybe I'm entirely crazy, but having Gomez take the draws on a Malkin/Neal line, then shift to the left wing and feed them the puck at a $1 million salary wouldn't be the worst idea I've heard. In fact, I'm not quite sure it's a bad idea, at all. Again, maybe I'm crazy, but he once was a prolific passer, and at an extremely discounted rate in a supporting role, he might be a decent fit?

I'm worried about the responses and the longterm impact this post will have on my reputation. :oops: :face:


Might be a decent option, as long as the web site comes with him.

http://didgomezscore.com/
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,686
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Don't cruicfy me for making the suggestion..

Postby no name on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

You guys got to remember the Gomez of today is nothing like the Gomez of 2 seasons ago. They shouldn't even be allowed to carry the same name actually.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,135
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dan H and 12 guests


e-mail