Practices?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Practices?

Postby Candleonwater on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 pm

My daughter is a Pens fan (tough living in Caps territory), and I am looking into surprising her with a trip to Pittsburgh. She'd like to see a game in a friendlier atmosphere - when she was 14 she was called a whore for wearing a Pens jersey at the Verizon Center...

As an added bonus, I was thinking about trying to catch a practice... are the Southpointe practices the only ones open to the public? How often do they actually practice there?
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Practices?

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm

probably very little this season. The schedule won't allow for a lot of practice time.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Candleonwater on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm

That was my thought as well... it's all crammed in there!
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Admin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:34 pm

There are three open practices in February:
http://www.letsgopens.com/practice.php
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Candleonwater on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Did they JUST post those additional practices? I swear the February dates weren't there when I looked before.

Thanks!
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Admin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:36 pm

I just got them today.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Candleonwater on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:08 pm

With the condensed schedule, and the practice on Feb 23 falling between the two games, will this be a full practice or just a few players?

Planning on bringing my daughter up for the game Friday and catching practice Saturday...

Another question - what is the parking situation like at Consol? We are coming up from Virginia, driving like a bat out of ... to get there in time, worst case would be arriving at game time. Worried that parking is so bad that it's not worth it.
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Candleonwater wrote:With the condensed schedule, and the practice on Feb 23 falling between the two games, will this be a full practice or just a few players?

Planning on bringing my daughter up for the game Friday and catching practice Saturday...

Another question - what is the parking situation like at Consol? We are coming up from Virginia, driving like a bat out of ... to get there in time, worst case would be arriving at game time. Worried that parking is so bad that it's not worth it.

Parking should be fine. If you are getting there close to game time, you can park at the marriott next door for 20. There are other options, that require walking a few blocks, but could be cheaper.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Theres enough parking. You'll pay a decent chunk, for a pittsburgher anyway, but you'll find somewhere.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby scals37 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:28 pm

You can always try and find on street parking on Forbes, which is free.. And if there's nothing available, swing around and hit up one of the many 10-20 buck lots
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Candleonwater on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Can anyone help clarify the weather forecast? I'm going to be FLYING down the turnpike to make it to the game in time, and I'm not really sure what I'm hearing... snow, yes, but are they expecting any accumulation? My daughter is SO excited about attending her first Pens game in Pittsburgh, I'm trying not to chicken out.

Also, at CONSOL, how is the vendor selection? She wants to return with a large assortment of Pens gear...
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CERV96 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Candleonwater wrote:Can anyone help clarify the weather forecast? I'm going to be FLYING down the turnpike to make it to the game in time, and I'm not really sure what I'm hearing... snow, yes, but are they expecting any accumulation? My daughter is SO excited about attending her first Pens game in Pittsburgh, I'm trying not to chicken out.

Also, at CONSOL, how is the vendor selection? She wants to return with a large assortment of Pens gear...

Pensgear store at the trib total media entrance is where you want to be. That is the entrance next to the Mario statue.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 am

You can run into someone like that at any arena, Caps fans are loud and unknowledgeable, but Washington fans in general are the most tame as far as attitude towards opposing fans that i've ever dealt with. I've been to Caps games with Pens jerseys on, Redskins games with Cowboys jerseys on, and Wizards games with playoff tshirts on.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins