Home Opener

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Home Opener

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

Has anyone ever been down to the TGI Friday's by the arena? Me and some friends are planning to go there prior to the home opener. I've never been to the Friday's down there; does anyone know if it's more expensive than other one's due to it's location?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Home Opener

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 am

Don't you owe someone your tickets for getting you a pizza?

:pop:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 am

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

CERV96 wrote:Don't you owe someone your tickets for getting you a pizza?

He's out of town during the opener, trying to make alternative arrangements with him.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 am

DocEmrick wrote:

He's out of town during the opener, trying to make alternative arrangements with him.

playoff tickets
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 am

DocEmrick wrote:Has anyone ever been down to the TGI Friday's by the arena? Me and some friends are planning to go there prior to the home opener. I've never been to the Friday's down there; does anyone know if it's more expensive than other one's due to it's location?

The menu is extremely limited - it was like an airport Fridays. I don't think any of the Jack Daniels entrees were on the menu.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:I don't think any of the Jack Daniels entrees were on the menu.

How do they get people to go? Why not just make it bar only?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby beLIEve on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 am

I'm not sure what normal TGI Friday's prices are as I haven't been to a different one in a while, but they are what I'd assume to be standard elsewhere. Its like $9.50 for a bacon cheese burger and fries, $13-$14 for a pasta dish, etc.

Just a heads up: if you don't get there by like 4:30PM at the absolute latest for a 7:00PM start, you probably won't get at a table. That place fills up fast and people generally hang around until its almost time to go up to their seats.

If you can't make it down there that early, I've often wondered if you could try and get a table around 6:40ish after everyone has left for the arena, order and eat fast, and still make it up by puck drop. But I've never actually tried it to see if its possible. If you tried something like this, I'd expect to miss at least part of the first period.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Has anyone ever been down to the TGI Friday's by the arena? Me and some friends are planning to go there prior to the home opener. I've never been to the Friday's down there; does anyone know if it's more expensive than other one's due to it's location?

The menu is extremely limited - it was like an airport Fridays. I don't think any of the Jack Daniels entrees were on the menu.

Thanks for this info, pretty much all I needed to know.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby beLIEve on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:42 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:

I admit I haven't been there recently for a pens game (maybe twice early in the 2011-2012 season), but I don't remember a limited menu. I was able to order Jack Daniels chicken with sides when I went.

I also work right by the arena and frequent that Friday's for lunch. They have had a full menu that I've been ordering from for months, including once last week.

Since I haven't been there recently for a game though, perhaps they did limit the menu during game time in order to make food faster to meet the demand. I can't speak to that.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 am

MMMMMMMM Jack Daniels Burger. Might have to check that place out when I make it up for a game.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 am

beLIEve wrote:I'm not sure what normal TGI Friday's prices are as I haven't been to a different one in a while, but they are what I'd assume to be standard elsewhere. Its like $9.50 for a bacon cheese burger and fries, $13-$14 for a pasta dish, etc.

Just a heads up: if you don't get there by like 4:30PM at the absolute latest for a 7:00PM start, you probably won't get at a table. That place fills up fast and people generally hang around until its almost time to go up to their seats.

If you can't make it down there that early, I've often wondered if you could try and get a table around 6:40ish after everyone has left for the arena, order and eat fast, and still make it up by puck drop. But I've never actually tried it to see if its possible. If you tried something like this, I'd expect to miss at least part of the first period.

Thanks!
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 am

I was there after a game last season, we won free appetizer gift cards.

The food is very meh. I haven't eaten at a Friday's in years, so I don't know if that's the norm. Or if this is just a bad restaurant.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 am

DocEmrick wrote:

Good deal and good man!

:thumb:
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm

I went last month before WWE was there. Im pretty sure it was during a happy hour. They had 16 oz drafts. I drank I think 4 of them and had an app that was $7...my bill ended up only being $16. I was surprised. So I'd say getting there before a game during happy hour would be both convenient and save you some bucks.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins