Idoit40fans wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of owning 6 pistols of the same caliber?
Good question. I would point out that I don’t own six of the same gun; they’re all different models. My reasons include:
1. Variety is the spice of life. Those six guns comprise semi-auto pistols, double-action revolvers, and a single-action revolver. They’re different sizes, shapes, and action types. Some have short barrels; some have long barrels. Some are relatively new; some were made in the 1950s. Each is different.
2. They are relatively inexpensive to buy and cheap and fun to shoot.
3. Owning multiple guns allows me to take non-gun-owning friends to the range, and they can all shoot at the same time without waiting.
4. They permit me to specialize. For example, one of my.22 rifles is scoped for precision shooting, the other has open sights for more general plinking.
5. I enjoy collecting and owning them.
6. Because I can.
It’s sort of the same reason that a (very, very wealthy) car guy like Jay Leno owns something like 100 cars even though you can’t drive more than one at a time.