Scrimmage Blacked Out on DirecTV outside the Burgh

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Scrimmage Blacked Out on DirecTV outside the Burgh

Postby jimreb on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm

LOL, live on the Eastern side of the state. have directv. Blacked out on my basement tv, but on my living room tv, both use the same type of directv hd receiver? Then my living room tv froze picture froze during the Matt Cooke interview and now has gone black on root.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am

i downgraded my package to the entertainment one so i dont even get root anymore. but i guess i'll have to upgrade here soon.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:43 am

this isn't unusual for Directv. I wanted to watch the Wings scrimmage on tuesday and it was blacked out. I live in Atlanta so that makes NO sense. during the lockout I tried to watch some of the KHL game REPLAYS that MSG was showing (yes, I have the Sports Pack) and they were blacked out. tell me how that made sense?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby hoser66 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm

They need to explain themselves and I don't know who or how to pressure them.. Tech support usually sucks and doesn't have the answers.

By default do they black out all rebroadcasts / scrimmages / etc...
I don't know why for example the Pirates replays on Mondays are blacked out but the Penguins vintage classics was not a problem.
WTF are their policies???
hoser66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby relantel on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 pm

I find it funny, how DirecTV supposedly owns ROOT, that they could not straighten this out before the early 2nd period.

Did have to laugh as they knew when I said blackout that I was talking about the hockey game. And not five minutes after they had no real answer for me on the phone, it was on, albeit 8 minutes into the 2nd period. Think it stayed on from there. Was nice to see hockey on the widescreen for the first time.

Though really, between CI & sports pack (as part of Premier), should never have had that issue in the first place.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins