WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm

I almost killed WK instead of Troy. :face:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,363
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby ulf on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Every sign pointed to litt being blue, which is why I was always skeptical he wasn't haha. I was worried he was just steering us. I felt better when we nabbed wk.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,966
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Great game k9

Good game all
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,375
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Kaizer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Shaf was a huge part of the reds almost winning. he outed two greens, almost got us to waste the Seer, and that day phase was referred to for every subsequent vote where we killed blue after blue. if MWB had pulled it off, Shaf should have been given a warz medal for that whole sequence.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,377
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby relantel on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:33 pm

great game. Seemed to be a better overall participation level. I tried to stay with the spirit of it by posting in stanzas. All I proved is I can't hold a candle to Canaan.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,190
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Willie Kool on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 pm

relantel wrote:I tried to stay with the spirit of it by posting in stanzas. All I proved is I can't hold a candle to Canaan.

I thought maybe redwill hijacked your account. :lol:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,660
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Walkin' in a Yinzer Wonderland

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby MWB on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah, shaf played it great the first day.

Definitely screwed it up with the rel kill. I was trying to check things between classes and during bathroom breaks, but didn't think that one through well.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,766
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:42 pm

I learned one thing from this game...never, ever,ever hesitate to kill shad.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,555
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:44 pm

i blame troy
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,193
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby CBear3 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Yep, I had to PM shaf after that first day to congratulate him and let him know what a blast that was.
I suppose I should have investigated WK first (the quick random, especially when he was the second name on the first random too) made me suspicious of him, but I got so twisted up in the disbelieving Shaf's angel claim that I went after him with blinders on.
At one point I was crossing my fingers that a blue would claim the angel just to see Shaf's reaction that night.

Thanks canaan, it was a fun one.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,609
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Kansas City

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 pm

WK did you randomly have cbear at the top of your list or did you know?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,193
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby ulf on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:53 pm

CBear3 wrote:Yep, I had to PM shaf after that first day to congratulate him and let him know what a blast that was.
I suppose I should have investigated WK first (the quick random, especially when he was the second name on the first random too) made me suspicious of him, but I got so twisted up in the disbelieving Shaf's angel claim that I went after him with blinders on.
At one point I was crossing my fingers that a blue would claim the angel just to see Shaf's reaction that night.

Thanks canaan, it was a fun one.

Sorry for not protecting you, we could have saved some headaches if we knew wk wad red that next day.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,966
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm

ulf wrote:
canaan wrote:funny note: cbear investigated willie kool the night he died.

The reason I protected myself that night was knowing we would most likely get one more see from cbear and the odds of it being meaningful were slim. Of course he picked wk :lol:

Good game guys, thanks canaan.


like i said, you always protect the seer :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,772
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby redwill on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 pm

CBear3 wrote:At one point I was crossing my fingers that a blue would claim the angel just to see Shaf's reaction that night.


That's a very interesting idea. ulf's reaction would have been fun to see as well.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,874
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby canaan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:56 pm

you always protect the angel. always.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,953
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 pm

redwill wrote:
CBear3 wrote:At one point I was crossing my fingers that a blue would claim the angel just to see Shaf's reaction that night.


That's a very interesting idea. ulf's reaction would have been fun to see as well.


i contemplated it
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,193
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:01 pm

That first day was the most fun I've had in a long time. Just chaotic. I totally understood CBear's aggravating frustration, I've been there and it's the worst.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,000
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Willie Kool on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:WK did you randomly have cbear at the top of your list or did you know?

I ran that random 10 times until I had CBear on top. I had absolutely nothing to go on, but I had a feeling about him.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,660
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Walkin' in a Yinzer Wonderland

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby ulf on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

canaan wrote:you always protect the angel. always.

Yeah, didn't want to be down 2 greens in two nights if I chose wrong.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,966
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby CBear3 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Willie Kool wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:WK did you randomly have cbear at the top of your list or did you know?

I ran that random 10 times until I had CBear on top. I had absolutely nothing to go on, but I had a feeling about him.

Awesome :)
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,609
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:18 am
Location: Kansas City

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

canaan wrote:you always protect the angel. always.


nah, that's not my line of thinking. When I was angel last game i protected myself one night. Once I revealed my role, I never protected myself again and lived til the end of the game. If you protect other people, you can figure out who's a bad guy and who's a good guy by who the bad guys target, if they target someone you protect. Also, the seer living just 1 more night is better than the angel living til the end of the game.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,772
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:08 pm

CBear3 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:WK did you randomly have cbear at the top of your list or did you know?

I ran that random 10 times until I had CBear on top. I had absolutely nothing to go on, but I had a feeling about him.

Awesome :)


uh, why not just move cbear to the top.. lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,772
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Willie Kool on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:11 pm

mac5155 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:WK did you randomly have cbear at the top of your list or did you know?

I ran that random 10 times until I had CBear on top. I had absolutely nothing to go on, but I had a feeling about him.

Awesome :)


uh, why not just move cbear to the top.. lol

Thats cheating. :lol:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,660
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Walkin' in a Yinzer Wonderland

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby canaan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:15 pm

mac5155 wrote:Also, the seer living just 1 more night is better than the angel living til the end of the game.

that is terrible logic. :lol: you want to have a person that is outed and protected from the baddies at the end of the game. without the angel in this game, the baddies would've won, in my opinion. ive modded a lot of games and ive played even more and the angel is a huge help to the village way more than 1 extra night from a seer, especially when the seer hasnt been outed and cant/doesnt want to relay information
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,953
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Postby Kaizer on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:17 pm

well, in this case we would have had WK dead
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,377
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

PreviousNext

Return to NHR Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


e-mail