Rick Dipietro

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Rick Dipietro

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 am

His official team photo.

Your Welcome

Spoiler:
this pic has been floating around for awhile but I thought it was funny..what is this guy doing? Brent Johnson punch permanently screw up his gray matter? I especially like the green bead necklace he has on to go along with his hippie hair
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Rick Dipietro

Postby canaan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 am

there is a jesus doesnt save joke in there somewhere.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am

Jesus saves. DiPietro lets in the rebound.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Jesus saves. DiPietro watches from the bench.

FTFY
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

If not for the necklace people would rave about how cool and badass he looks.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am

I don't really see a problem. That hair would have fit in with the golden age of hockey. Also, while that contract is hilarious, given what happened to him, I don't really have a problem with DiPietro. He could have been good.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Yea why is it cool to make fun of DiPietro? I have heard or seen him do anything deserving of the incessant ripping. Had he not been extremely injury prone, a terrible curse to an athlete, he would have been a top 10 goalie in the league
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Maybe top 10, but certainly not horrible. It just perplexes me that people let him take on some of the hating when he plays for the Isles. Who doesn't want to throw everything they have at making fun of them? :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 pm

There's probably some story about how he was doing a charity and some girl with cancer gave him that necklace to wear. Back off.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't really see a problem. That hair would have fit in with the golden age of hockey. Also, while that contract is hilarious, given what happened to him, I don't really have a problem with DiPietro. He could have been good.

Key word is "could of", there's no guarentees that would of happen. Anyways people make fun of him because his body is made of glass and he's not that good but gets paid like he is. I don't got too much of a problem when people makes fun of him.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm

His annual cap hit is below what he was capable of. The only reason he's bad is because he never plays. The knock on him is that he's fragile, not that he's bad.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:His annual cap hit is below what he was capable of. The only reason he's bad is because he never plays. The knock on him is that he's fragile, not that he's bad.

He has a cap hit of $4.5 million, that's alot of money paid to him for what he brings to the table. When he plays he isn't spectacular either. He doesn't play is because he isn't good and because he's injury prone. All of this is the reason people gives him crap and rightfully so.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Give him a guitar and he's a rock star, lol. He looks good. I know a ton of girls who would have a giant crush on him looking like that.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:His annual cap hit is below what he was capable of. The only reason he's bad is because he never plays. The knock on him is that he's fragile, not that he's bad.

He has a cap hit of $4.5 million, that's alot of money paid to him for what he brings to the table. When he plays he isn't spectacular either. He doesn't play is because he isn't good and because he's injury prone. All of this is the reason people gives him crap and rightfully so.

No he doesn't play because he's hurt. Thats all. He was never bad. If you believe that, then you never watched him for any meaningful amount of time.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

DiPietro was gonna be sick if not for injuries...I'm trying to live out Rick DiPietro's career vicariously through Jack Campbell...let's see how it turns out...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

No he doesn't play because he's hurt. Thats all. He was never bad. If you believe that, then you never watched him for any meaningful amount of time.

This man speaks truth
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:24 pm

I wish him all the best
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsports87 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Brett Burns picture is a lot worse than that
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Worse as in awesomer?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tim Thomasen on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

This man speaks truth

Not really and given the fact he had played in the same division as us and I watch that team from time to time since I have CI, I have watched him for a meaningful amount of time and I was impressed with him, his style of play or his reflexes. He just was good enough to warrant tht big contract.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby brwi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

Sure that isn't Russell Brand?
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:36 am

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

This man speaks truth

Not really and given the fact he had played in the same division as us and I watch that team from time to time since I have CI, I have watched him for a meaningful amount of time and I was impressed with him, his style of play or his reflexes. He just was good enough to warrant tht big contract.

I think you forgot not one, but two "not"s.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am

Or he just doesn't know what he's arguing. Before getting hit by injuries, he was worth that annual cap hit, if not the long term contract.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 am

I agree that DiPietro had all the tools to be a top goalie for a long time. A shame, really.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Dipietro was incredible when he was healthy. Not much of a debate, really.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Next

Return to NPR