Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby marek on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:59 pm

THANKS NBC/NHL... According to my Directv app (listing) the game is blacked out here in so-cal too.
I turned down tickets to go watch the queens raise their banner 'cause I wanted to watch this game.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,785
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:44 am
Location: The Farms, La Jolla California

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby tfrizz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 pm

marek wrote:THANKS NBC/NHL... According to my Directv app (listing) the game is blacked out here in so-cal too.
I turned down tickets to go watch the queens raise their banner 'cause I wanted to watch this game.


The game will be on Center Ice there.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,649
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Why would you skip out on a banner raising?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,968
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

marek wrote:THANKS NBC/NHL... According to my Directv app (listing) the game is blacked out here in so-cal too.
I turned down tickets to go watch the queens raise their banner 'cause I wanted to watch this game.


Why wouldn't you expect the LA game to be on in So-Cal?

Second, why the hell would you pass up seeing a banner being raised?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,708
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby pens_srq on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm pretty sure every NBC game is "blacked out" and only appears on NBC unless you are local and have ROOT or something. Anyways whenever NBC decides to show some other game, you can watch the stream of the game on their web site. I was able to watch 100% of games that were not on my local NBC affiliates this way last year.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,521
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 10:33 am
Location: my garage, running a hockey league

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby slappybrown on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:It is the best rivalry in the NHL in the eyes of the Pens and Flyers fans. I'm sure Boston-Montreal fans feel thats the best, Chicago-Detroit...etc.


Hell, I think a lot of FLyers fans feel the Rangers are a bigger rival, and some around the country feel the Caps are a bigger rival to the Pens.


We are like the third wheel in that Rangers and Flyers. We need a new rival like Buffalo.

I don't know about that. Most Flyers fans I know hate the Pens the most (and this was the case even pre-Crosby, though the three years pre-2004/5 lockout no one bothered with hating us), and I happened to stumble upon this recently:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1321639

Which overwhelmingly identifies the Pens as the most hated rival. Most actually have the Devils second behind the Pens, then NYR. The Lindros-era rivalry between the Flyers/Devils was intense.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,087
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby skullman80 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Why does everyone act so surprised the Pens aren't shown everywhere else in the country? The LA Kings should be the marquee game this week because they are the SC champs. The Pens aren't the only team that gets marketed by NBC.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,068
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:55 am
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby nocera on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm

I think people are upset that these "National" games are actually regional. It must be frustrating to have Center Ice, NHLN, NBCSN and STILL not get to see every game. Why pay money for all these channels if you still miss games?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,262
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Admin on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I'm getting "Teams to be determined" on TV guide.com.

I'm assuming it's Kings-Hawks here in SC.

SC gets the Pens.

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,063
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

I get the Pens game. Hallelujah.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,540
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:44 pm

DC area is still "undecided". Hopeful...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,909
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby jprolley on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

the506.com has your broadcast maps

basically, if you live in the eastern time zone, you're getting the pens game unless you're in one of those college basketball cities. anywhere else, and its kings/hawks
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,444
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:23 am
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby legame on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Of course I live in the only city in NC showing basketball. Looks like I'm driving back to Chapel Hill for the game.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,936
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:21 pm
Location: Wilmywood, NC

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:18 pm

legame wrote:Of course I live in the only city in NC showing basketball. Looks like I'm driving back to Chapel Hill for the game.


When I lived in Wilmington we got screwed out of the hockey game for college basketball all the time.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,781
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I'm getting "Teams to be determined" on TV guide.com.

I'm assuming it's Kings-Hawks here in SC.

SC gets the Pens.

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html


Thanks! Banana is in the mail...
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,349
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I'm getting "Teams to be determined" on TV guide.com.

I'm assuming it's Kings-Hawks here in SC.

SC gets the Pens.

http://www.the506.com/temp11.html


Thanks! Banana is in the mail...


K...so according to that map I live DANGEROUSLY close to a basketball area. My Comcast guide says NHL Hockey for the time slot but no teams listed. I am assuming this means I will get the hockey game.

I already despise college basketball more than any other sport on earth and if I get Jock Strap U vs. Ball State I might rage...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,909
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm

nocera wrote:I think people are upset that these "National" games are actually regional. It must be frustrating to have Center Ice, NHLN, NBCSN and STILL not get to see every game. Why pay money for all these channels if you still miss games?

Ding...ding...ding. We have a winner. It is especially true for this game, this year because 3 months worth of no Pens and we gotta wait one more day (ditto for Flyers fans who don't get the game in their area). BS.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,703
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
nocera wrote:I think people are upset that these "National" games are actually regional. It must be frustrating to have Center Ice, NHLN, NBCSN and STILL not get to see every game. Why pay money for all these channels if you still miss games?

Ding...ding...ding. We have a winner. It is especially true for this game, this year because 3 months worth of no Pens and we gotta wait one more day (ditto for Flyers fans who don't get the game in their area). BS.

BEPF



But you DONT have to wait..the game will be streamed online on NBC website..
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,781
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Sieve70 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 pm

I honestly don't care if the Pens are not shown nationally - as long as my subscription to NHL Center Ice, which is supposed to get me all Pens games other then "nationally broadcast games on NBC, NBCSN, and NHLNetwork".

That's the problem - those of us "out of market" are paying to get "all games not nationally broadcast", but are not getting the opening game.

(And please don't bring up the "you can still watch it online" argument - I don't pay to watch it online - I pay to watch it on my TV... I am paying for it and not getting what I paid for...)

And - how many games are already scheduled to be NBC games this season? How many of those are "regional" and we don't know it yet?

Anger is now growing...
Sieve70
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:10 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby BCG51585 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 am

Sieve70 wrote:I honestly don't care if the Pens are not shown nationally - as long as my subscription to NHL Center Ice, which is supposed to get me all Pens games other then "nationally broadcast games on NBC, NBCSN, and NHLNetwork".

That's the problem - those of us "out of market" are paying to get "all games not nationally broadcast", but are not getting the opening game.

(And please don't bring up the "you can still watch it online" argument - I don't pay to watch it online - I pay to watch it on my TV... I am paying for it and not getting what I paid for...)

And - how many games are already scheduled to be NBC games this season? How many of those are "regional" and we don't know it yet?

Anger is now growing...


I share your feelings man. I'm in San Antonio and I have Kings/Hawks issue as well. Just got off the phone with DirecTV and they can't do anything for me.

I WON'T BE HOME FOR THE GAME TOMORROW SO I CAN'T RECORD IT AND I OBVIOUSLY CANNOT WATCH IT LIVE. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF I CAN SEE THE GAME AFTER THE FACT???? GAMECENTER??? NBC.COM??

SOOOO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!
BCG51585
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Fast B on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 am

nocera wrote:I think people are upset that these "National" games are actually regional. It must be frustrating to have Center Ice, NHLN, NBCSN and STILL not get to see every game. Why pay money for all these channels if you still miss games?


Bingo. I pay all this money for out-of-market games and I still can't watch them with the package I paid for? Not cool.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,892
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: San Mateo, CA

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby PensOnDVD on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 am

Someone tape this game for me dammit! Major DVD streak on the line! :)
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:14 am

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby relantel on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:08 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:DC area is still "undecided". Hopeful...

DirecTV guide last night had Pens-Caps on WRC.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,439
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Sieve70 wrote:I honestly don't care if the Pens are not shown nationally - as long as my subscription to NHL Center Ice, which is supposed to get me all Pens games other then "nationally broadcast games on NBC, NBCSN, and NHLNetwork".

That's the problem - those of us "out of market" are paying to get "all games not nationally broadcast", but are not getting the opening game.

(And please don't bring up the "you can still watch it online" argument - I don't pay to watch it online - I pay to watch it on my TV... I am paying for it and not getting what I paid for...)

And - how many games are already scheduled to be NBC games this season? How many of those are "regional" and we don't know it yet?

Anger is now growing...


The exclusive rights of the NHL is why NHL Center Ice can not have it. There is no anger. You have to deal with it.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,708
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Pens/Flyers is NBC "Regional coverage"

Postby PensOnDVD on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm

No it's anger.

48 freaking game schedule and I can't see their opener? Garbage.

Another lockout? They want fans to come back? They should be kissing our ass.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Desiato, Digitalgypsy66, jwest21, letsgoalpens and 24 guests


e-mail