When will we see Beau Bennett?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

When will we see Beau Bennett

Opening Night, Baby!
31%
Later This Season
36%
Next Season
26%
NEVER
7%

Total votes : 70

Re: When will we see Beau Bennett?

Postby Gaucho on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Could there be any reason for certain players being in action and others not? Not a big deal, but seems odd.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 pm

I can think of a few reasons, but they're probably case by case basiseseses...so I think I'm just going to go with "not a big deal" like you said because I could only really speculate randomly...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:49 pm

Bob McKenzie
Most interesting battle in PIT camp is who gets to play wing with Malkin and Neal. Eric Tangradi, Dustin Jeffrey and Beau Bennett in hunt.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:13 pm

bhaw wrote:
Bob McKenzie
Most interesting battle in PIT camp is who gets to play wing with Malkin and Neal. Eric Tangradi, Dustin Jeffrey and Beau Bennett in hunt.

It might be Tangradi at the start, but I can't see it for the balance of the season. One of the other two, or somebody aquired via trade are better options.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby offsides on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Won't be opening night, baby. :(

Pens Return Bennett, Megna to WBS
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i ... L|PIT|home
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Code: Select all
5.   Alexander Ovechkin   Washington   LW   45   25   26   51   7   25   17

51 points in 45 games for the apeman who put up just 65 points in 78 games last season? He only topped Dupuis by 6 points![/quote]

Living around DC you wouldnt even know he had 2 mediocre seasons. People here still tell me hes miles better than Crosby and Malkin its hilarious. Caps fans have to be some of the dumbest ive ever met. No way is he scoring that much. The Caps are on the down right now, backstrom is hurt and who else do they have besides ovie? Robiero? The caps best chance at doing anything are over and if ovie has another bad season they have no chance at all.
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pcm on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 pm

So does this mean Despres makes the team? I'll withhold congrats until its official, but it sure looks like it. Pen's roster is now at 23, so no one needs to be sent down...
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm

I wouldn't be surpised if both Despres and Bortuzzo got extended looks before deciding to go with 7 D. Or maybe injuires on the blueline will make it a moot point.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens#1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 pm

i was hoping Bennett would have gotten the chance, i feel like we have saw enough with ET to know what we have
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Jesse wrote:I spoke to Beau at prospect camp and he told me by his own admission that he wouldn't even be 100% healthy wrist-wise until around December. His wrist was so bad he had actually changed the flex in his stick to get a better rip off his shot and to sacrifice for the lost strength in the arm.

Bennett has been great this year, but he has missed time with WB/S recently for other injury issues. The majority of his points have come on the power-play. When I spoke about him at draft time one of the things we talked about was how violent his shot was and how great he was from the half-wall with that Mario-esque one-timer. That's a good indication of how he's scoring his goals right now. He's certainly upped his play in the physicality department and isn't getting pushed around a lot, but I really don't know if he's ready for a top 6 role yet; that's one of the tough determinations that Dan Bylsma is going to have to make in a very short period of time at training camp.

I will say this, if the indication is that BB isn't ready to take time along someone in the top 6, send him back down immediately. This is not a player that would have anything to gain from limited time in a bottom six role. It's either big minutes in WB/S or top 6 in the NHL. There isn't much in-between there.

Patience is required for a player of his ilk in the development realm. If he doesn't make it right now, it's not cause for concern, he just started playing pro hockey 4 months ago.

Jesse (or mikey), what's his potential as far as scoring? How high do you feel it can get?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jesse on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 pm

I think he's a future 30 goal scorer in the league if things go correctly. He's got the hands and shot that set him apart from the competition. I don't foresee him going down the path of a James Neal and hitting the 40 mark with regularity. I think the majority of the 30 he might score would be on the man-advantage in some capacity. So I'll say ceiling is 30+35 for 65pts at his highest.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KG on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 pm

If Tangradi and Bennett both pan out and could potentially be top 6 forwards that will set this team up for years to come. Even if Tangradi can develop into a solid checking line 3rd line two way player and play with Sutter, that would be fantastic....
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 pm

I think we could really use a little influx of fresh talent.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins