Official GDT: TOR v PIT (1/23/13)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: TOR v PIT (1/23/13)

Postby knives of ice on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:My God look at all those empty seats. That is embarrassing.

truthfully, with the old arena site now being a huge parking lot its a huge nightmare trying to get out of the parking lots now. doubled the normal time out from before because they trying to let out both lots on 66 blvd now if you are trying to go north. gotta figure out a new exit strategy stat.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby André on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 am

Sid and also Geno spreading pucks all over. Alot of things not really meshing.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:52 am

Brandon Sutter needed to shoot the puck on his mini breakaway.
Pens will live to fight on to the next game.

Spoiler:
the pens gave 5$ to all fans who left by the 8 min mark in the 3rd period.
people pay top $$$ for penguin tickets, if they want to leave at the end of the anthem, so be it.

edit *about the crowd, reminder that the 50% off of pens gear good on game days/night only. Folks were in huge lines to get food/pens clothing all during the game.
Last edited by penny lane on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 am

Lupul ended up with a fractured forearm from that shot from Phaneuf--a day after signing his extension. womp womp womp.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby darkstar57 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 am

the dilemma with tangradi is i think he can stick with geno and neal and will be a good fit he just needs to learn how to play with them that only comes with time. in an 82 game season he has time to do it, but in the 48 game season we can't afford the time
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby ShipHockey7 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:04 am

darkstar57 wrote:the dilemma with tangradi is i think he can stick with geno and neal and will be a good fit he just needs to learn how to play with them that only comes with time. in an 82 game season he has time to do it, but in the 48 game season we can't afford the time

I'm just not sure he has the speed to keep up with them, but if he would plant himself in front of the net, I agree he could hang, but he just isnt going there.
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby themethod7 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 am

ShipHockey7 wrote:I'm just not sure he has the speed to keep up with them, but if he would plant himself in front of the net, I agree he could hang, but he just isnt going there.

Stick him in a dark room and make him watch Tomas Holmstrom highlights, A Clockwork Orange style for 24 hours straight?
themethod7

Postby Luckybreak on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:24 am

themethod7 wrote:
ShipHockey7 wrote:I'm just not sure he has the speed to keep up with them, but if he would plant himself in front of the net, I agree he could hang, but he just isnt going there.

Stick him in a dark room and make him watch Tomas Holmstrom highlights, A Clockwork Orange style for 24 hours straight?

:thumb:
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:26 am

Went to the game. Had a good time. Concession lines weren't bad at the little shops that only serve beer, or hotdogs/nachos.. Bad at other places though.. free items will do that I guess. No noise, but that's to be expected when the place is full of STHs and not people coming in for a free scrimmage :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 am

i don't think there's anything wrong with people leaving early. maybe it means you get to save an hour on paying for a baby sitter. or it means you get an extra hour of sleep before a tough day of work. or sitting in traffic causes anxiety. people have their own crap to deal with that exists outside of the world of hockey. if leaving early helps them, then god bless 'em.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 am

shmenguin wrote:i don't think there's anything wrong with people leaving early. maybe it means you get to save an hour on paying for a baby sitter. or it means you get an extra hour of sleep before a tough day of work. or sitting in traffic causes anxiety. people have their own crap to deal with that exists outside of the world of hockey. if leaving early helps them, then god bless 'em.

:thumb:
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:18 am

shmenguin wrote:i don't think there's anything wrong with people leaving early. maybe it means you get to save an hour on paying for a baby sitter. or it means you get an extra hour of sleep before a tough day of work. or sitting in traffic causes anxiety. people have their own crap to deal with that exists outside of the world of hockey. if leaving early helps them, then god bless 'em.

Yeah, I don't care either. I stay until the final buzzer, but that is me. But I have no issues if someone wants to leave early. That is their perogative.

As for the game, wasn't as "electric" as other games I've been to, but it wasn't horrible either. Except for the loss, has a good time.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 pm

I left after the too many men on the ice call, I was worried the officials would call a penalty on me next for boarding or something.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins