Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fired

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fired

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 pm

mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm

ugh, you actually subscribe to r/atheism on Reddit? That is a cesspool of some of the worst human beings on the Internet.

That being said, as vile of a human being as this pastor is, the waitress should have exercised better judgment, since waiters/waitresses have been fired for posting stuff like this before. I don't really have a problem with her getting fired...news flash: servers get stiffed all the time. I got stiffed semi-frequently when I waited tables, I didn't throw a fit and post it on the Internet.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:12 pm

does this pastor understand the difference between giving 10% of your income to the church versus 18% of a bill from applebees? theres a slight difference
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:14 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:ugh, you actually subscribe to r/atheism on Reddit? That is a cesspool of some of the worst human beings on the Internet.

That being said, as vile of a human being as this pastor is, the waitress should have exercised better judgment, since waiters/waitresses have been fired for posting stuff like this before. I don't really have a problem with her getting fired...news flash: servers get stiffed all the time. I got stiffed semi-frequently when I waited tables, I didn't throw a fit and post it on the Internet.

Well, the fact that the Pastor felt the need use his faith to justify stiffing her is the point.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:16 pm

I am not denying that this pastor is a colossal D-bag. And he should be exposed as a selfish fraud to his church. However, I still find no fault in her getting fired. You simply can't post customer receipts with their names/signatures on the Internet.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:23 pm

the person that uploaded the picture wasnt even the girl that waited on the party.

According to The Consumerist, the receipt was not uploaded to Reddit by the Applebee’s worker who waited on Bell’s party. Instead, the server showed it to waitress Chelsea Welch, who photographed the receipt and later shared it online. Welch told The Consumerist she was fired yesterday. In a statement, Applebee’s spokesperson Dan Smith reported that, “Our franchisee has apologized to the Guest” for violating the patron’s “right to privacy.” The individual responsible for the leak “is no longer employed by the franchise,” Smith added.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... zes-687234
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:ugh, you actually subscribe to r/atheism on Reddit? That is a cesspool of some of the worst human beings on the Internet.

I do not subscribe to any reddit.. I just read the front page - but I heard about this on the X this morning and didn't realize she posted the picture on reddit.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:40 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I am not denying that this pastor is a colossal D-bag. And he should be exposed as a selfish fraud to his church. However, I still find no fault in her getting fired. You simply can't post customer receipts with their names/signatures on the Internet.

Did you look at the picture? her name is not even on it - she didnt respond to any requests to confirm or deny her identity - and its a cash receipt. How many of them are thrown away daily.
Edit: I think it was known the pastor was a woman. I didn't research it though.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:42 pm

r/atheism is a big reason why I keep my beliefs to myself. They are jerks (mildly putting it) that make the rest of us that aren't look utterly terrible.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 pm

im surprised how many servers post pictures of receipts, positive and negative. they're just asking to be fired. theres nothing in the handbook about that? what about common sense?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meow on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 pm

mac5155 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I am not denying that this pastor is a colossal D-bag. And he should be exposed as a selfish fraud to his church. However, I still find no fault in her getting fired. You simply can't post customer receipts with their names/signatures on the Internet.

Did you look at the picture? her name is not even on it - she didnt respond to any requests to confirm or deny her identity - and its a cash receipt. How many of them are thrown away daily.

It is a credit card receipt and her name is on it.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby obhave on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:44 pm

mac5155 wrote:

It is not a cash receipt, it is signed. She also tipped in cash apparently, but was still charged the 18% to her card. Her comment is terrible, but you can't post things with people's signatures on them on the internet.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Bottom line, you shouldn't use the internet to complain about your job unless truly 100% anonymous. Applebees isn't wrong, this is a lesson learned by the waitress, but honestly, this publicity she's getting is probably more valuable than a waitressing gig at applebees....i mean she just lost her job at one of the corniest gigs you can have.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby yubb on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Rylan wrote:r/atheism is a big reason why I keep my beliefs to myself. They are jerks (mildly putting it) that make the rest of us that aren't look utterly terrible.

Atheists give us atheists a bad name.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:48 pm

yubb wrote:
Rylan wrote:r/atheism is a big reason why I keep my beliefs to myself. They are jerks (mildly putting it) that make the rest of us that aren't look utterly terrible.

Where have I heard that before. lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitts on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:53 pm

mac5155 wrote:Did you look at the picture? her name is not even on it - she didnt respond to any requests to confirm or deny her identity

The picture on this Smoking Gun article begs to differ: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/ ... zes-687234
You don't post other individual's private information on the internet EVER!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't know how to follow a reddit thread, and clicking on that link certainly justified myself never using that site, but i'd like to take a bat to this pastor's knees.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't know how to follow a reddit thread, and clicking on that link certainly justified myself never using that site, but i'd like to take a bat to this pastor's knees.

Don't worry, Jesus will protect her blindside.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm

meow wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't know how to follow a reddit thread, and clicking on that link certainly justified myself never using that site, but i'd like to take a bat to this pastor's knees.

Don't worry, Jesus will protect her blindside.

:scared:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm

Apparently shes a pastor in a 15 person church that rents a store as their place of worship.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:00 pm

yubb wrote:

Not the reason why but it is a reason I am a glad I do not refer to myself as an Atheist anymore.

When I call myself a Pantheist most people don't even know what I'm talking about :lol:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Godric wrote:
yubb wrote:

Not the reason why but it is a reason I am a glad I do not refer to myself as an Atheist anymore.

When I call myself a Pantheist most people don't even know what I'm talking about :lol:

I don't divulge information like that. Or I say I'm not sure since I'm an agnostic atheist.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Rylan wrote:
Godric wrote:
yubb wrote:

I don't divulge information like that. Or I say I'm not sure since I'm an agnostic atheist.

I certainly don't like to talk about it but I have corrected people whenever they call me an Atheist
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:27 pm

When did women get to be pastor's? I must have missed that class in my Orthodox upbringing.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to NHR