OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS at Devils, 2/9/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS at Devils, 2/9/13

Postby columbia on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Sheesh. It's just one game.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby npv708 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Can't wait for Vokoun to come in and win tomorrow, then watch the intertubes explode with posts of goaltender controversy.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mariojr on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Well, gee, the Penguins must be an incredibly undisciplined team to get called 10 times in a single game. Interfering, boarding, hooking, finishing checks, breathing on opponents too hard. Either their coaches are professors of goonism or the players are taking it upon themselves to commit all those fouls.

What's that? They were the 2nd least penalized coming in? Well, gee, what were all those other refs thinking? It must have taken the right set of officials to expose the Pens' nefarious ways and prevent them from using their physical, sorry, I mean dirty play to their advantage. Now that that's been exposed, they'll have trouble winning any games, because obviously they don't have any talent, well, not except Crosby, Malkin, Neal, and Kunitz.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GreenBlood10 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Here's whats gonna happen. They're gonna go home, get pissed and come out and destroy them tomorrow. Truth
GreenBlood10
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:51 pm

npv708 wrote:Can't wait for Vokoun to come in and win tomorrow, then watch the intertubes explode with posts of goaltender controversy.

Did Fleury have a bad game? I had to listen to the first two periods on the radio.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 pm

columbia wrote:Sheesh. It's just one game.

71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 pm

nocera wrote:
npv708 wrote:Can't wait for Vokoun to come in and win tomorrow, then watch the intertubes explode with posts of goaltender controversy.

Did Fleury have a bad game? I had to listen to the first two periods on the radio.

He did not.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sniper on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 pm

The officials were awful early. I don't understand how Vitale got a penalty for either of his hits or the Engelland penalty. After those 3 penalties I think they were afraid to hit anyone because it seemed like every check was a penalty.

The penguins got frustrated by all the awful calls and when the Devils went up 2 to 1 they took a bunch of stupid penalties. They took a few dumb ones before they fell behind too like the Dupuis elbow and the Malkin interference.

On top of the awful penalties I found the icing calls before the Devils first goal and the pp the Devils scored on to take the lead to be incredibly questionable. In both cases the Devil player could have easily gotten to the puck.

At the end of the day its just one game. Come out and play hard tomorrow and get the win against an inferior Devils team.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm

shmenguin wrote:The officials certainly didn't have a good day, but this team made its own bed with the penalties. It was the petulant penguin show for too much of the game today.

Looked like the meltdown in the Flyers series last yr.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby wondermoose on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm

I can't wait to see quotes from the postgame. Going to be hilarious.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm

GreenBlood10 wrote:Here's whats gonna happen. They're gonna go home, get pissed and come out and destroy them tomorrow. Truth

Hi I'm 71Aj66ax87 and I approve this message.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens_srq on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:53 pm

i'm trying to figure out what the message is. We can't call anything consistently. If we want to we can make you lose? I mean honestly what message were the refs trying to send here?
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby npv708 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:54 pm

nocera wrote:

There's no real way that anybody should blame Fleury for this game...but has that ever stopped anyone before?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:56 pm

One strange note:

Brooks Orpik is listed as having no penalties in this game. Um, did i miss something?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

I'm shocked that Brooks lost control; most situations he is not one to lose his temper.

as fans I guess we're entitled to see a victory every game. ? that was a hof goalie . I'm sure devils looked at video of paul martin at the point. Every game isn't easy. Maybe Disco should have used Simon for some of the power plays with 1st unit. No one but Letang has the speed to recover for the shorthanded chances though.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Beveridge on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

I need someone who has their internet pictures in order to post the image from 24/7 where the refs toast each other with beer after the game. Only thing that comes to my mind after this game.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Beveridge wrote:I need someone who has their internet pictures in order to post the image from 24/7 where the refs toast each other with beer after the game. Only thing that comes to my mind after this game.

Will this do?---->Image
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:04 pm

npv708 wrote:One strange note:

Brooks Orpik is listed as having no penalties in this game. Um, did i miss something?

is a 10 min misconduct listed as regular penalties? just spit-balling here...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jprolley on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:13 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
Beveridge wrote:I need someone who has their internet pictures in order to post the image from 24/7 where the refs toast each other with beer after the game. Only thing that comes to my mind after this game.

Will this do?---->Image

didn't know those fans hated linesmen so much
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

These weren't lazy or stupid penalties for the most part. They were just biased in what they did call as far as the boarding and then not calling the same on the Devils lead to the dumb penalties.

Overall effort was fine, this wasn't like the Other losses, I think it's fair to say the penalties totally disrupted any flow wether you think they refs sucked balls or not.

Games like this are easy to rebound from especially when you play the same team the next day at home.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

penny lane wrote:I'm shocked that Brooks lost control; most situations he is not one to lose his temper.

as fans I guess we're entitled to see a victory every game. ? that was a hof goalie . I'm sure devils looked at video of paul martin at the point. Every game isn't easy. Maybe Disco should have used Simon for some of the power plays with 1st unit. No one but Letang has the speed to recover for the shorthanded chances though.

The devils know more than anyone that Martin isn't a threat from the point. It's an easier PK when you don't have to cover one of the players on the other team.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 pm

shmenguin wrote:
penny lane wrote:I'm shocked that Brooks lost control; most situations he is not one to lose his temper.

The devils know more than anyone that Martin isn't a threat from the point. It's an easier PK when you don't have to cover one of the players on the other team.

Or the Devils PK is really, really good
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby marek on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm

too bad this game wasn't aired on nbc today... this set of refs deserved to be showcased to a national audience
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby hockeymon on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:15 pm

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

Or the Devils PK is really, really good

Let me think, I have Crosby on one Half wall, I have Malkin on the other side, Neal around te net and I want my point man to shoot ? Ummmm. I think if he point shot more than once they would be all over himnto pass the puck.

Martin actually sets those guys up pretty good with his passes. It's a lot like Sullivan gave them. More organization on the PP.
did Neal even play today? Malkin you know did because he gave it away every other time touching the puck. Oh yea when he wasn't in the box.
hockeymon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:32 pm

I thought Martin was okay, at least he can get his shot on net and won't quit playing defense when the other team tries to skate up ice like Letang and Geno.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins