Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 am

Just got a Google Nexus and can't find a good Penguins wallpaper. I think the resolution is 1600 x 1280. Anyone have any links or willing to put something together?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,864
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Nizzy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Can't you go on google and do advance search and specifically plug in those pixel lengths?

lol
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,614
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Steel City

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Nizzy wrote:Can't you go on google and do advance search and specifically plug in those pixel lengths?

lol

As I said, I've tried finding a wallpaper and found none. That included extensive searches on Google and Bing using specific pixel sizes.

lol


Did I do that right?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,864
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby canaan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:48 pm

D21, whats your wallpaper size? i can probably whip a couple up

edit: just saw the res. ill work on it
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,097
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:53 pm

canaan wrote:D21, whats your wallpaper size? i can probably whip a couple up

edit: just saw the res. ill work on it

Call me a badnwagoner, but something about the Penguins retro logo used on the 2011 Winter Classic tickles my fancy. I love the cream color. Just throwing that out there :D

Thanks, canaan!
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,864
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Nizzy on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Defence21 wrote:
Nizzy wrote:Can't you go on google and do advance search and specifically plug in those pixel lengths?

lol

As I said, I've tried finding a wallpaper and found none. That included extensive searches on Google and Bing using specific pixel sizes.

lol


Did I do that right?


why don't you just take a decent one that's close to your desired resolutions, crop in a bit in MS Paint... :face:

nvm I don't have any wallpapers that size, sorry
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,614
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Steel City

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby no name on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:08 pm

I used to have to email the pens website for them to post a calender with schedule on it desktop. But they had it up early this year.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,113
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Defence21 wrote:
Nizzy wrote:Can't you go on google and do advance search and specifically plug in those pixel lengths?

lol

As I said, I've tried finding a wallpaper and found none. That included extensive searches on Google and Bing using specific pixel sizes.

lol


Did I do that right?


why don't you just take a decent one that's close to your desired resolutions, crop in a bit in MS Paint... :face:

nvm I don't have any wallpapers that size, sorry

MS Paint? Seriously?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,864
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby canaan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Defence21 wrote:
canaan wrote:D21, whats your wallpaper size? i can probably whip a couple up

edit: just saw the res. ill work on it

Call me a badnwagoner, but something about the Penguins retro logo used on the 2011 Winter Classic tickles my fancy. I love the cream color. Just throwing that out there :D

Thanks, canaan!

i saw this post after i started messing around. heres one for "in the mean time" and ill work off that scheme..this one kinda sucks, but whatevs.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w210 ... f108ea.jpg
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,097
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Defence21 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 pm

canaan wrote:
Defence21 wrote:
canaan wrote:D21, whats your wallpaper size? i can probably whip a couple up

edit: just saw the res. ill work on it

Call me a badnwagoner, but something about the Penguins retro logo used on the 2011 Winter Classic tickles my fancy. I love the cream color. Just throwing that out there :D

Thanks, canaan!

i saw this post after i started messing around. heres one for "in the mean time" and ill work off that scheme..this one kinda sucks, but whatevs.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w210 ... f108ea.jpg

Nice! I like it a lot. Thanks!
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,864
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby canaan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:16 pm

here ya go, d. i based this off of a wallpaper design i found on the interwebz. turned out decent.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w210 ... bf1b1e.jpg
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,097
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Kaizer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Defence21 wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
Defence21 wrote:
Nizzy wrote:Can't you go on google and do advance search and specifically plug in those pixel lengths?

lol

As I said, I've tried finding a wallpaper and found none. That included extensive searches on Google and Bing using specific pixel sizes.

lol


Did I do that right?


why don't you just take a decent one that's close to your desired resolutions, crop in a bit in MS Paint... :face:

nvm I don't have any wallpapers that size, sorry

MS Paint? Seriously?


leave MS paint alone.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,401
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby mac5155 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:07 am

Anything in 800x480
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,057
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby scals37 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:22 am

As OP said, there is a huge lack of good mobile wallpapers out there for specific tastes.. even google search fails miserably
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,745
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Joe Baggadonuts' House

Re: Haven't seen any new Penguins wallpapers recently

Postby Defence21 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 am

canaan wrote:here ya go, d. i based this off of a wallpaper design i found on the interwebz. turned out decent.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w210 ... bf1b1e.jpg

Awesome. Thanks so much! Truly appreciate it!
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,864
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: Johnstown, PA


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antonio, Chirpin' Grinder, mikey287, NJ5934, saints11 and 23 guests


e-mail