Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby joopen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Luckybreak wrote:
joopen wrote:Hasn't Niskanen been playing the left side? If that's the case then put him with Bortuzzo and leave Despres with Letang


Seems a logical choice but I expect Bylsma to roll

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Nisky
Engel-Despres

Shame as I'm a big fan of Bort from what we've seen


Pffft... Rookies, dey soff.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,897
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby shmenguin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm

joopen wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:
joopen wrote:Hasn't Niskanen been playing the left side? If that's the case then put him with Bortuzzo and leave Despres with Letang


Seems a logical choice but I expect Bylsma to roll

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Nisky
Engel-Despres

Shame as I'm a big fan of Bort from what we've seen


Pffft... Rookies, dey soff.


hey come on. i can only remember a few days of training camp where any those rookies did anything to prove themselves. :lol:
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,757
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby joopen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm

shmenguin wrote:
joopen wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:
joopen wrote:Hasn't Niskanen been playing the left side? If that's the case then put him with Bortuzzo and leave Despres with Letang


Seems a logical choice but I expect Bylsma to roll

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Nisky
Engel-Despres

Shame as I'm a big fan of Bort from what we've seen


Pffft... Rookies, dey soff.


hey come on. i can only remember a few days of training camp where any those rookies did anything to prove themselves. :lol:


Can't just have rookies out there all over the ice. No team could even make the playoffs, let alone win a round with like 6 rookies playing regularly. :pop:
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,897
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby meow on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:38 pm

joopen wrote:Can't just have rookies out there all over the ice. No team could even make the playoffs, let alone win a round with like 6 rookies playing regularly. :pop:

Look at Edmonton. They have rookies/sophmores everywhere. Yea, they are talented, but that's not how you win hockey games.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,635
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby joopen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Look at Philly last year
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,897
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:45 pm

joopen wrote:Look at Philly last year


How many were d-men?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,553
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby joopen on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:50 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
joopen wrote:Look at Philly last year


How many were d-men?


Will not have same discussion in 2 threads :lol: :fist:
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,897
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm

joopen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
joopen wrote:Look at Philly last year


How many were d-men?


Will not have same discussion in 2 threads :lol: :fist:


:D
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,553
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Game 13 vs NJ Devils - Thoughts from the morning after

Postby meow on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
joopen wrote:Look at Philly last year


How many were d-men?

Rookies in the right spots can be a good thing - like Philly last year. Having rookies on D is a gamble.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,635
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cma3585, Dan H, darkstar57, Defence21, DelPen, djlm, Eismann, Gabe, GSdrums87, Hugo Stiglitz, IMFC, Inkio, lemieuxReturns, Maestro, malkinshair, meow, NashvilleCat, Realist, rgj, Rocco, Skatingpen, Stillerz Bar, Take the Body Shoot the Puck, The U and 81 guests


e-mail