Paralympic superstar Oscar Pistorius - murdered girlfrien

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Paralympic superstar Oscar Pistorius - murdered girlfrie

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

shmenguin wrote:murder. it's faaaaantastic!

:face:

Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm shocked that people on an Internet message board are making jokes about a story involving a double amputee with two blade runner style legs that shot his girlfriend.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm

snarknutz05
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 pm

John Cleese Tweeted that Pistorius' defense would be "that he was absoultely legless at the time".

:lol:

shafnutz05 wrote:I'm shocked that people on an Internet message board are making jokes about a story involving a double amputee with two blade runner style legs that shot his girlfriend.

You forgot "smokin' hot supermodel" in front of 'girlfriend'.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:29 pm

Yeah, she was gorgeous.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Dr. Richard Kimble says he's guilty.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:In a serious question.... when admitting him to prison, what do they do with his prosthetic legs? Are they considered a weapon? He could remove them and beat someone with them. Is it possible to file a shank out of the material of the leg? Create a lock pick? To me it seems like they would have to, but I'm sure in this country it would cause a huge outcry from advocates and the ADA and what not.

By the time it would take him to remove his prosthesis to use as a weapon, he'd be jumped and beaten to a pulp.

But dependent upon design, I guess he could dismantle one and use any metal piece to make a shiv. But then he'd have to hop over to his potential victim. Who could easily knock him over.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JS© on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Between Lance Armstrong, Joe Paterno, Tiger Woods and Oscar Pistorius, Nike's having itself quite a run.

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status ... 7016609792
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:In a serious question.... when admitting him to prison, what do they do with his prosthetic legs? Are they considered a weapon? He could remove them and beat someone with them. Is it possible to file a shank out of the material of the leg? Create a lock pick? To me it seems like they would have to, but I'm sure in this country it would cause a huge outcry from advocates and the ADA and what not.

By the time it would take him to remove his prosthesis to use as a weapon, he'd be jumped and beaten to a pulp.

But dependent upon design, I guess he could dismantle one and use any metal piece to make a shiv. But then he'd have to hop over to his potential victim. Who could easily knock him over.

Or he could kick his victims
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:

Or he could kick his victims

Who is he the Black Knight?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:35 pm

I am also surprised that there were no "He'll walk" jokes.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Pistorius was moved to a "handi-capable" jail while awaiting trial.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/14/oscar-pistorius-transferred-handicapable-jail-cell-murder-disabled/

Do they have such things here?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm

i find that interesting. he fought and petitioned to be one of the boys when he was running in the olympics and now needs separate facilities due to his infirmity. hmph.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:05 pm

canaan wrote:i find that interesting. he fought and petitioned to be one of the boys when he was running in the olympics and now needs separate facilities due to his infirmity. hmph.

That makes me think of Costanza. "These women want everything equal. Everything. But when the check comes, where are they?!"
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:43 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
canaan wrote:i find that interesting. he fought and petitioned to be one of the boys when he was running in the olympics and now needs separate facilities due to his infirmity. hmph.

That makes me think of Costanza. "These women want everything equal. Everything. But when the check comes, where are they?!"

He wasn't wrong about that one, from my experience.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:51 pm

He is disabled and there should be cells that allow him to have some protection. If he is guilty of murder, he should spend time in prison, but he should not be subject to the absolute torture that could potentially arise because of his condition.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tomas on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:51 pm

I admit I fail to see the link between petitioning to be able to run and the fact that once he takes down his magic spring-blades useful for just that one special activity, he is still a double amputee, and so he likely needs (at least) a special toilet and a shower...
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bh on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

tifosi77 wrote:John Cleese Tweeted that Pistorius' defense would be "that he was absoultely legless at the time".

:lol:

shafnutz05 wrote:I'm shocked that people on an Internet message board are making jokes about a story involving a double amputee with two blade runner style legs that shot his girlfriend.

You forgot "smokin' hot supermodel" in front of 'girlfriend'.

wow, you ain't kiddin/
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Tomas wrote:

I admit I fail to see the link between petitioning to be able to run and the fact that once he takes down his magic spring-blades useful for just that one special activity, he is still a double amputee, and so he likely needs (at least) a special toilet and a shower...

This is better worded.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:10 pm

I think it was more a case of other athletes and the various T&F governing bodies trying to keep him out, more than Pistorious fighting to get himself in.

And I also imagine his home is somewhat differently equipped than yours or mine.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

I raised a stink (that wasn't well-received) earlier last year about Pistorious lobbying to be included in the Olympics, but also participating in the Paralympics as well. IMO, either one or the other. If you are a talented enough athlete to participate in the Olympics, you shouldn't be crushing lesser competition in the Paralympics.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 pm

tifosi77 wrote:

I think it was more a case of other athletes and the various T&F governing bodies trying to keep him out, more than Pistorious fighting to get himself in.

And I also imagine his home is somewhat differently equipped than yours or mine.

On a side note, does anyone else NOT like handicap-accessible bathroom stalls? I don't like all that room around me.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:

On a side note, does anyone else NOT like handicap-accessible bathroom stalls? I don't like all that room around me.

I don't go in them. I just assume people do weird stuff in there.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Rylan wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:

I don't go in them. I just assume people do weird stuff in there.

*tap tap*
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Puffymuffin on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 am

A South African newspaper is reporting they found a cricket bat covered in blood in his house along with steroids. :pop:
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR