Matt Duchene goal

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Matt Duchene goal

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm

There is no point for that. This happens sooooo rarely that its generally not an issue. The league automatically reviews goals and will buzz to make sure a second look is taken. But all in all, hockey is one of the best officiated sports when it comes down to it. The penalties are hit and miss, but no worse than any other league.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 pm

No excuse for not making such a simple alteration to eliminate egregious miscalls like the one that was made yesterday.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:04 pm

I don't know. Fairly regular delays caused by implementing replay, or like one bad goal every couple of years...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Why would there be even slightly regular delays? If this only happens every so often, then there would only be a delay every so often. You can't even make an argument against it. If you're arguing that there is a bad goal only "every couple of years" then you're also arguing that there would only be a challenge every couple of years...and that now it would be called correctly. There are already timeouts in games today. There would literally be no change other than timeouts being used at different times.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 pm

You're assuming they would only review the ones that end up being bad. I just don't want it to be a situation where every close play at the line could be reviewed. Slippery slopes, and all. Plus the problem wouldn't exist at all if the linesman did their job.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Every single thing i've said about this in this thread suggests that you would have one challenge a game and that would cost you a timeout if it was wrong. It would change absolutely nothing in the game. Worst case scenario, a team gets a challenge and gets an additional timeout.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to NPR