I'm not going to get into it with you Troy, because I know exactly where your beliefs are, and that's fine. You can believe what you will. Members of a group called "Framing Joe Paterno" had a survey put together, hired an outside research group to conduct the survey and here's the results:http://www.framingpaterno.com/sites/def ... 120813.pdf
For some reason 45% stuck in my head. In the poll it's 28%. I think the 45% was based on the 55% that answered False to the statement of "Joe Paterno was accused of molesting children." where as the other 45% either didn't know or answered true.
If it were up to me, I would just let the whole ordeal die. The damage is done and there's not much they can do to restore Paterno's name, but I'm saying as a Son or Wife to Joe, I can understand why they'd want his name cleared. I'm sure you could put yourself in their shoes for a minute and understand why they want what they want... or maybe you can't, and that's fine.