Crosby and Niskanen respond to Milbury's comments

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby and Niskanen respond to Milbury's comments

Postby pens2005 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 am

penmyst wrote:Milbury may be a nimrod, but what he said isn't far from the truth.

Crosby getting criticism is part and parcel of today's non-stop barrage of sports media. You could certainly apply Milbury's comments to Gretzky, Lemieux, hell just about every single solitary "offensive" great of the last 50 years. But you didn't have 24/7 insta-coverage to talk about it back then.

I think, by and large, today's NHL "offensive" stars carry a much heavier load all-around because they actually DO contribute defensively as part of day-to-day play. That's the way the NHL is now, and it's also why we don't see 200 point scorers.

I thought Crosby's answer was fine. I did think Nisky should just shut the hell up and focus on playing better.

Crack addicts, though? Come on, bud. He's way over the line.

People get on Crosby for no apparent reason and this was another one of those moments.

People should still be questioning Giroux's leadership abilities because of the suspension he had in a friggin playoff game against Jersey last year. That was a clear cut example of a player getting so frustrated that he cheap shotted another player. What a *****! Talk about letting your team down!

Milbury is a clown. I wouldn't have responded to it, but hey, enough is enough and at some point you're going to respond. Especially in this day and age in sports media.

You can only take it so long before you make a statement of your own.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:01 am

I think those guys are goofy, but aside from jones, I don't think the bias against the pens is there. And jones' is only during Philly games.

Though there was a moment before philly's 5th goal where Pierre praised laviolette for putting talbot on for the d zone draw. This was when he called him MVP. Oh wait... It was after an icing call so I'm not sure lavy had much to say about who was on the ice.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 am

My response to the thread is: Why?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 am

Mr. Colby wrote:He was partially right... those 2 guys pick and choose when they want to play defense. Look no further than Philly's second goal last night and Sid's lackluster defensive play on it

you mean the one where Simmonds just walks out of the corner with the puck and Sid just stares at him? couldn't agree more.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:50 am

Gaucho wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:The second definition, which is either "a slow-witted person" or "a stupid person."

http://ask.yahoo.com/20040211.html

BEPF

Thanks, I honestly was not aware of that definition. :oops:

Feel free to use nimrod at your leisure. And like the person in the click above, whoever you are directing it toward, may not even realize they are being called a "dipstick". Milbury, for instance. :lol:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meow on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 am

Wait, two of the best players in the world want to play in the offensive zone as much as possible?
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Hawkeynut on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 am

Milbury is the US equivalent of Canada's Don Cherry.

Both are idiots. And blemish the sport.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RxBandit66 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 am

Hawkeynut wrote:Milbury is the US equivalent of Canada's Don Cherry.

Both are idiots. And blemish the sport.

This is all that needs to be said. I just turn on the radio and listen to Lange anyway. Nobody knows hockey better than that guy.

Most hockey fans in general hate Pierre, not just Penguin fans. A best friend of mine is a Caps fan and he hates Pierre with equal vigor. My Uncle is from Buffalo and feels the same.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:My response to the thread is: Why?

Excuse me for wasting 50 odd pixels of your precious message board space and 2 seconds of your time (though you obviously chose to waste even more of your own precious time by posting in it.)
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm

It means enough to me, to contact whatever the outdoor network is now named. :P

How can they employ somebody to comment on hockey, and all that person comes up with is "crack?"
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:29 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:

Excuse me for wasting 50 odd pixels of your precious message board space and 2 seconds of your time (though you obviously chose to waste even more of your own precious time by posting in it.)

I meant why did they respond to Milbury's comments. Excuse me for contributing to your thread. Are you having a rough day? Its time for you to breathe.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 pm

mikey287 wrote:Who throws a shoe...?

Honestly, that really hurt. I'm going to have a lump there, you idiot.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Desiato on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

In this day and age, entertainers--such as Milbury--are rated by how much they're discussed on forums and other types of social media. His job is to be controversial and stir things up. Comments by Sid, discussions like this, only validate him.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:

I meant why did they respond to Milbury's comments. Excuse me for contributing to your thread. Are you having a rough day? Its time for you to breathe.

Thank you for clearing that up, you're not wrong -- I'm very very sleep deprived this week and when that happens I end up without a fuse at all. Sorry! Further posting access granted, kind sir. :slug: :thumb:

I'm guessing they responded only because they were asked, it's a shame that Sarcastic Sid wasn't caught on camera.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins