Mursak on waivers?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416592

NPR,but I think Pens should go after him,not because he is from Slovenia.. Quick,energetic,skilled player.. Could replace TK on 3rd line for cheap,if he finds he form.. He was best player in strong EBEL league this season for Olimpija Ljubljana,with 30 games,19 goals and 29 assists, but then he got injured..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,507
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

If the Wings didn't want him, I don't see what he offers really anyone else.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,857
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby jprolley on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:12 pm

no more waiver pickups
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,444
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I say no.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,691
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:22 pm

I don't think he will get to us, because Buffalo or Washington might take him. What else do they have to lose?

PS - No.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,611
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah,I know we wont claim him,but It would be nice to see Slovenian player on my Pens.. But if given a fair shot,I think he can make a decent NHL career as 3rd,maybe 4th liner..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,507
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:24 am

Pens4Life wrote:Yeah,I know we wont claim him,but It would be nice to see Slovenian player on my Pens.. But if given a fair shot,I think he can make a decent NHL career as 3rd,maybe 4th liner..


We have a grand total of 2 non-North Americans on our team. Isn't likely at all. Ray Shero loves himself some North American Beef.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,611
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby mikey287 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 am

It wouldn't be much different than Boychuk really...I think Boychuk has more skills, Mursak has a higher compete level and more speed. It's an unlikely claim. The Wings had a jammed up bottom six, I'm kind of surprised this is the guy over Drew Miller for instance...but that's Detroit, I saw Dan Cleary on a line with Pavel Datsyuk the other night, so I'm not sure what they have going on...

We basically have the center version of Mursak in Joe Vitale, so we don't really need him. Plus, we have a fairly tough to use Boychuk. So, Mursak probably doesn't add much to the roster...

Wouldn't be shocked if someone gave him a try...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,889
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 am

mikey287 wrote:It wouldn't be much different than Boychuk really...I think Boychuk has more skills, Mursak has a higher compete level and more speed. It's an unlikely claim. The Wings had a jammed up bottom six, I'm kind of surprised this is the guy over Drew Miller for instance...but that's Detroit, I saw Dan Cleary on a line with Pavel Datsyuk the other night, so I'm not sure what they have going on...

We basically have the center version of Mursak in Joe Vitale, so we don't really need him. Plus, we have a fairly tough to use Boychuk. So, Mursak probably doesn't add much to the roster...

Wouldn't be shocked if someone gave him a try...

:thumb:
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,507
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Saskunitz on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 am

Kovy27 wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:Yeah,I know we wont claim him,but It would be nice to see Slovenian player on my Pens.. But if given a fair shot,I think he can make a decent NHL career as 3rd,maybe 4th liner..


We have a grand total of 2 non-North Americans on our team. Isn't likely at all. Ray Shero loves himself some North American Beef.



He tinkers in the European/Russian market too. See Ruutu, Ekman, Sykora, Satan, Feds, Michalek, Kovalev and Poni. :D

Still no.
Saskunitz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 am

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Gaucho on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:02 am

jprolley wrote:no more waiver pickups
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,532
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 am

http://www.sport-tv.si/d169869/Hokej/NH ... detek.html

I doubt Kennedy can do that.. So yeah,Mursak could play 3rd line role for Pens easily..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,507
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Gaucho on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 am

Pens4Life wrote:http://www.sport-tv.si/d169869/Hokej/NHL/VIDEO_Mursakov_slalom_in_zadetek.html

I doubt Kennedy can do that.. So yeah,Mursak could play 3rd line role for Pens easily..


So why did nobody claim him?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,532
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby meow on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:28 am

Pens4Life wrote:http://www.sport-tv.si/d169869/Hokej/NHL/VIDEO_Mursakov_slalom_in_zadetek.html

I doubt Kennedy can do that.. So yeah,Mursak could play 3rd line role for Pens easily..

I bet Kennedy could do that in the ahl.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,540
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Mr. Colby on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 pm

I say go for it. He could be the next Karl Stewart
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,749
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pavel Bure on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Pens4Life wrote:http://www.sport-tv.si/d169869/Hokej/NHL/VIDEO_Mursakov_slalom_in_zadetek.html

I doubt Kennedy can do that.. So yeah,Mursak could play 3rd line role for Pens easily..

Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,857
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Kovy27 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm

^Winner, Winner...Chicken Dinner^
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,611
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Pens4Life on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 am

Pesonen and Mursak arent the same type of players,also Pesonen is expected to be top6 winger, Mursak isnt - always was meant more of a 3rd line role player in NHL,if..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,507
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Gaucho on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 am

Pens4Life wrote:Pesonen and Mursak arent the same type of players,also Pesonen is expected to be top6 winger, Mursak isnt - always was meant more of a 3rd line role player in NHL,if..


No offense, but he was waived and 29 other teams decided not to take a chance on him. So he probably just isn't good enough. No shame in that.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,532
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 am

Gaucho wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:Pesonen and Mursak arent the same type of players,also Pesonen is expected to be top6 winger, Mursak isnt - always was meant more of a 3rd line role player in NHL,if..


No offense, but he was waived and 29 other teams decided not to take a chance on him. So he probably just isn't good enough. No shame in that.


If we waived TK, he would probably be claimed.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,611
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Mursak on waivers?

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 am

Pens4Life wrote:Pesonen and Mursak arent the same type of players,also Pesonen is expected to be top6 winger, Mursak isnt - always was meant more of a 3rd line role player in NHL,if..


Article that maybe you have not seen on Mursak, P4L: http://theahl.com/what-s-old-is-new-aga ... ak-p182266
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,889
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beveridge, Cagsjr724, Desiato, DropEmJayBird, DudeMan2766, Durbano, GDR, KingPen66, mikey287, nocera, pens2005, RxBandit66 and 48 guests


e-mail