Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:58 pm

I dunno. Other young players had the same opportunities. Instead of worrying about not making mistakes they played their butts off and did enough good to outweigh the bad. When you work hard and show the coaches and team you're working hard that leash gets some length. When you play video games and tweet about going out instead of working out then underperform the leash doesn't have much length. Tangradi wasn't a victim of not getting a chance he was a victim of not making the most of his chance.
Last edited by Pavel Bure on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,429
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:59 pm

If Bennett commits a turnover tonight then I expect 4th line duty for him
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,480
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
ShipHockey7 wrote:Tangradi on the Pens Report today:

On what he’s been told about his opportunity with the Jets:
I’ve been told that it is an opportunity. I think I’m going to start with (Kyle Wellwood) and (Olli Jokinen) there on the left side. I’m just looking forward to it. It’s up to me if I stay there or not. That’s an opportunity I feel like I haven’t been given in the past, so I’m looking forward to it.


http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=655793

Really? An opportunity you havent been given? starting the season with Geno and Neal wasnt as good as an opportunity as Kyle Wellwood and Olli Jokinen, cmon man

Funny story at the bottom of the page:

Here’s a fun little story that I’m sure you’ll all enjoy regarding Eric Tangradi and Beau Bennett.

Anytime the Penguins arrive at a hotel on the road, all their keys are laid out on a table by the hotel staff. So the players, coaches, staff and media look for their names and grab their keys off the table – no big deal.

But when the players got to the hotel in Winnipeg, there was a key on the table marked “Tangradi.” The other players assumed that since the trip was planned in advance that Bennett, who was recalled that morning, didn’t have a room (he actually did have a room, but no one noticed his key). So the players handed Bennett the room key marked “Tangradi” and told him to take that room.

So Bennett, the wide-eyed rookie, headed up to “his” room. But there was a surprise awaiting him. After putting in his key and opening the door he found out someone was already in his room: Eric Tangradi.

As it turns out the Jets put Tangradi in the same hotel until he finds a place in the city. The Penguins did have a room for Bennett, but he didn’t see his key. The hotel put Tangradi’s room key out on the table going by the old list. Thus, a friendly face-to-face encounter by former teammates.

Needless to say, Bennett went back down to the front desk and grabbed his room key. No word yet if this time he opened the door to see Ben Lovejoy.


Bennett later commented that he found Tangradi playing video games upon entering the room.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Luckybreak on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm

SolidSnake wrote:If Bennett commits a turnover tonight then I expect 4th line duty for him


1st mistake = 4th line
2nd mistake = benching
3rd mistake = scratched
Playing video games = traded

C'mon rookies, squeeze those sticks a little tighter!
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:When you work hard and show the coaches and team you're working hard that leash gets some length.


I guess that's true. I mean look at Tyler Kennedy -- he has an extra long leash, and he hasn't worked hard and or played well at all this year. :pop:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,233
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Luckybreak wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:If Bennett commits a turnover tonight then I expect 4th line duty for him


1st mistake = 4th line
2nd mistake = benching
3rd mistake = scratched
Playing video games = traded

C'mon rookies, squeeze those sticks a little tighter!

:thumb: Don't forget eating nachos somewhere in there
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,480
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby mikey287 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,535
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby tfrizz on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm

mikey287 wrote:Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...


It'll be interesting to see how he looks for the Jets tonight. Claude Noel doesn't seem too shy about giving his younger players every opportunity. That, and the fact that they traded Ponikarovsky to make room for Tangradi, should be a huge confidence boost for him.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,857
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:15 pm

tfrizz wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...


It'll be interesting to see how he looks for the Jets tonight. Claude Noel doesn't seem too shy about giving his younger players every opportunity. That, and the fact that they traded Ponikarovsky to make room for Tangradi, should be a huge confidence boost for him.

He's also skating with Wellwood and Jokinen, not known for their speed. That should help him, I would think.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,783
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Beveridge on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm

I want to see Tangradi light it up....just not tonight.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,820
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...


It'll be interesting to see how he looks for the Jets tonight. Claude Noel doesn't seem too shy about giving his younger players every opportunity. That, and the fact that they traded Ponikarovsky to make room for Tangradi, should be a huge confidence boost for him.

He's also skating with Wellwood and Jokinen, not known for their speed. That should help him, I would think.


I thought it was Wellwood and Burmistrov.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,657
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Guinness on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:41 pm

joe icepick wrote:We have no patience here, either.


Fixed your (second) post for you.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,318
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby tfrizz on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...


It'll be interesting to see how he looks for the Jets tonight. Claude Noel doesn't seem too shy about giving his younger players every opportunity. That, and the fact that they traded Ponikarovsky to make room for Tangradi, should be a huge confidence boost for him.

He's also skating with Wellwood and Jokinen, not known for their speed. That should help him, I would think.


I thought it was Wellwood and Burmistrov.


Tangradi told reporters today that he'll be starting on a line with Jokinen and Wellwood. Burmistrov must've been moved up to 2nd line duty.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,857
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

Burmistrov too fast for ET to keep up.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,621
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby canaan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:26 pm

i hope tangradi gets put through the boards.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,022
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby pensfan1989 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:03 pm

canaan wrote:i hope tangradi gets put through the boards.


He'll be lined up for a hit, the guy will see him coming and move, and Tangradi puts himself thru the boards
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,119
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: Ponakronkoski

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Eismann on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm

pensfan1989 wrote:
canaan wrote:i hope tangradi gets put through the boards.


He'll be lined up for a hit, the guy will see him coming and move, and Tangradi puts himself thru the boards


That requires speed and direction. He doesn't have that vector, Victor.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,780
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Zeros

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Eismann wrote:
pensfan1989 wrote:
canaan wrote:i hope tangradi gets put through the boards.


He'll be lined up for a hit, the guy will see him coming and move, and Tangradi puts himself thru the boards


That requires speed and direction. He doesn't have that vector, Victor.


Perhaps not, but for someone his size, will there be enough clearance, Clarence?
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby jwest21 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Tangradi was over Unger, but Unger was under Dunn
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,893
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Eismann on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Image
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,780
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Zeros

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby pcm on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:56 pm

@slappybrown

Still haven't figured out why I used your comment as an emblem of "LGP ignorance", huh? Here's a clue: It had nothing to do with Tangradi. Re-read what I quoted. If you're still uncertain, ask a friend whose logic you trust. Good luck.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,725
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby slappybrown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 am

pcm wrote:@slappybrown

Still haven't figured out why I used your comment as an emblem of "LGP ignorance", huh? Here's a clue: It had nothing to do with Tangradi. Re-read what I quoted. If you're still uncertain, ask a friend whose logic you trust. Good luck.

This isn't a game show or mystery theater; I'm not asking anybody anything. Your post says what it says. I said "[Tangradi] has little to no value" in the context of trade discussions. You quoted that and said that such a comment "sum[med] up LGP ignorance." There's nothing to "figure out." Given he was traded for a 7th round pick, there's not much more to say. Good luck.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,886
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Krom on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 pm

I was able to watch the last couple Jets games. Tangradi looks the same as he did with the Pens.
Krom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:06 pm

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:51 pm

No points and a minus player with 5 more mins of ice time a night. Thanks a lot HCDB.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,429
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

He isn't getting a chance there. :roll:

He's playing with Wellwood who hasn't scored all year, and Jokinen who hadn't scored in forever until he got a gift today (it was on a shift where he wasn't with Tangradi).

Tangradi is useless.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: danish_penguin, neophool, Pavement and 14 guests

e-mail