Malkin Skates

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby knives of ice on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I believe Rossi much more than i do the penguins. the penguins have no obligation to tell reporters or anyone exactly how Malkin is feeling.

Rossi is writing Malkin's book, was chosen by Geno supossedly and went to russia to spend time with him work on it. it would seem they have a somewhat close relationship so i don't think its insane for Rossi to ask malkin directly or have contact with his inner circle as to how he's feeling.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:28 pm

tfrizz wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:About Iran, I agree... about sports though? How many sources can there be about a player injury?

The way he's claiming one of his sources was in the room as Malkin was being looked at suggests that their either is no source or his source is on the medical staff and isn't supposed to be giving him the information. The fact that he's writing this stuff with such conviction suggests me to believe it's the latter. It also means we'll never know for sure because nobody on the medical staff is going to speak up and if Rossi outs them then they're out of a job and he's out of a source.

So, to recap your point then. You think its more plausible that Malkin,who skated/was hit into the boards at full speed and had what we all witnessed as a nasty hit/whiplash/possible head hit that looked like a horrific car accident, had zero concussion like symptoms than it is that Rossi, a long time Penguins beat writer, has a good source for penguins player related news?

Also, see the post above mine. That combined with the Pens having a history of this, no matter how people try to spin it otherwise or forget most of the actual history, I just dont see how Rossi is taking the blame at this point.

Again, maybe Malkin is fine and in the end he ends up not missing much. It doesnt make Rossi's story wrong.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:06 pm

I don't know after watching that hit from that FLA guy a few times it seems a little dirty. What was he doing shoving Evgeni so hard that far away from the boards. Seema like you should know better than to start a hit that far away from the baords. I know i am a homer but this happened to another player not to long ago, contact was inintiated far away and the guy when head first into the board. Maybe we should send him a message for good measure.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PhantomJB93 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 pm

HCDB just officially said Malkin has a concussion. Start the panic. :scared: :scared: :scared:
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ad@m on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 pm

From Josh Yohe :

Evgeni Malkin suffered short term memory loss. Was diagnosed with a concussion.
Ad@m
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:01 am

so... Rossi is vindicated? :pop:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 am

relantel wrote:so... Rossi is vindicated? :pop:

Nope. Rossi said severe headaches and disorientation. He actually has short term memory loss and nothing else. Completely different.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 am

farnham16 wrote:

Nope. Rossi said severe headaches and disorientation. He actually has short term memory loss and nothing else. Completely different.

Lol If this is not a joke. As if Malkin couldn't have had a headache and been disoriented before when he reported it. Malkin went from a horrid whiplash, with no side effects at all, then poof short term memory loss according to the pens timeline. I'm sure he felt just dandy after the game.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Lol If this is not a joke. As if Malkin couldn't have had a headache and been disoriented before when he reported it. Malkin went from a horrid whiplash, with no side effects at all, then poof short term memory loss according to the pens timeline. I'm sure he felt just dandy after the game.

He's currently in the Bahamas sipping on a margarita.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby saints11 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 am

I'm not sure, but I know that if concussed like they now report, that plane travel should be out. Make it a strong trip; judge BB as to whether he's really ready. Hope that Shero strikes before the deadline like he did in grabbing Neal & Nisky. Unfortunately, I have a gut feeling that it will cost us Despres.
saints11
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Desiato on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 am

no name wrote:I don't know after watching that hit from that FLA guy a few times it seems a little dirty. What was he doing shoving Evgeni so hard that far away from the boards. Seema like you should know better than to start a hit that far away from the baords. I know i am a homer but this happened to another player not to long ago, contact was inintiated far away and the guy when head first into the board. Maybe we should send him a message for good measure.

Let's not get all Melnyk about this. It wasn't a dirty play. If anything, it was a bit reckless of Malkin.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tfrizz on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 am

Desiato wrote:
no name wrote:I don't know after watching that hit from that FLA guy a few times it seems a little dirty. What was he doing shoving Evgeni so hard that far away from the boards. Seema like you should know better than to start a hit that far away from the baords. I know i am a homer but this happened to another player not to long ago, contact was inintiated far away and the guy when head first into the board. Maybe we should send him a message for good measure.

Let's not get all Melnyk about this. It wasn't a dirty play. If anything, it was a bit reckless of Malkin.

Jack Edwards was talking about the hit during the Bruins/Panthers game yesterday. Apparently Gudbranson was asked about it, and he said he thought it was a bit reckless of Malkin to put himself in that position. He followed up saying that Malkin was driving the net, and that he has to make that hit 10 times out of 10.

All-in-all, it's a pretty fair evaluation and it's hard to be mad at Gudbranson for doing his job and hitting a guy driving the net.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby skullman80 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 am

Yeah I have no issue at all with what Gudbranson did there. I know Errey and Steiggy were saying how the league should look at stuff like that and think about assessing a penalty etc, but I thought that was a good clean hockey play. Sometimes crap just happens.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 am

Hit couldn't have been a lot more clean. Only way to take that hit out of the game is to take all hits out of the game.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Penspal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

Could the ice have been a factor, its been bad at CEC this year. My White Russian was watered down (eww.... all the Russian Puns of late, had to get one in). But, it also could have been a factor, no one will every know.
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Officially on IR.

PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penmyst on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Lesky wrote:Until I am proved otherwise, I am considering Malkin to be death!

Should we call him "Animal Mother"?

penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 pm

looks like Adam Baldwin, long before he played Jayne.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Steve Dave on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Hit couldn't have been a lot more clean. Only way to take that hit out of the game is to take all hits out of the game.

My question is, how was the hit on Malkin different from the "boarding" hits Kunitz and Vitale were penalized for earlier in the season?
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Hit couldn't have been a lot more clean. Only way to take that hit out of the game is to take all hits out of the game.

My question is, how was the hit on Malkin different from the "boarding" hits Kunitz and Vitale were penalized for earlier in the season?

For one, it was about 5 feet from the boards.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Steve Dave wrote:

Malkin wasn't anywhere near the boards, nor did he have his back turned to the defender. It was a good hockey play.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penmyst on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:59 pm

relantel wrote:looks like Adam Baldwin, long before he played Jayne.

It is, in "Full Metal Jacket".
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 pm

skullman80 wrote: I know Errey and Steiggy were saying how the league should look at stuff like that and think about assessing a penalty etc, but I thought that was a good clean hockey play. Sometimes crap just happens.

Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned this. I heard them bloviating about this during Sunday's game and thought it was ridiculous. They deserve most if not all the "loathsome homer" comments they get from other fanbases. It's embarrassing.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:59 pm

I don't like this thread, because Malkin hasn't started skating yet.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins