Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jagr As A Trade Deadline Deal to the Pens

Hang up the phone as soon as possible before the rumor hits the internet that Jagr is returning
24
33%
Listen to what he wants in return, but decline to make an offer beacuse Jagr doesn't fit the Pens style of play
6
8%
Make a lowball offer knowing that somebody, most likely the Flyers, will outbid you
14
19%
Make an agressive offer knowing its a minimal cap hit, and knowing Jagr will thrive with the RH Center Sutter
28
39%
 
Total votes : 72

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Lesky on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Penguins have and can only win cups in a dome.


So sign Robert Dome and there will at least be a tie-in to that nugget of information. That is what you are saying right, because I am totally on board with that.


I have a Robert Dome hockey card collection 8-) :thumb:
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,484
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Lesky on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Penguins have and can only win cups in a dome.


So sign Robert Dome and there will at least be a tie-in to that nugget of information. That is what you are saying right, because I am totally on board with that.


I have a Robert Dome hockey card collection 8-) :thumb:

Why? Don´t ask!
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,484
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:56 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Considering how the last Dallas/Pittsburgh trade ended up, I don't think Dallas would want anything to do with trading with us again.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:00 am

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:09 pm

They got Benn signed, knew they weren't keeping Neal. I think they're fine with it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,898
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby JoseCuervo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:They got Benn signed, knew they weren't keeping Neal. I think they're fine with it.


Niskanen was also done there. And while not amazing, Goligoski is still a top-4 dman for them.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Tomas Vokoun is a Czech :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,522
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby helmespc on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:25 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:They got Benn signed, knew they weren't keeping Neal. I think they're fine with it.


Niskanen was also done there. And while not amazing, Goligoski is still a top-4 dman for them.


Gogo may be a top-4 dman when he's not busy playing the role of suit-wearing nacho scarfer....
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,475
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:48 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 pm

helmespc wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:They got Benn signed, knew they weren't keeping Neal. I think they're fine with it.


Niskanen was also done there. And while not amazing, Goligoski is still a top-4 dman for them.


Gogo may be a top-4 dman when he's not busy playing the role of suit-wearing nacho scarfer....


2nd on the team in time on ice despite missing a game. Pretty clear top 2 defender on that team.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,898
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm

helmespc wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:They got Benn signed, knew they weren't keeping Neal. I think they're fine with it.


Niskanen was also done there. And while not amazing, Goligoski is still a top-4 dman for them.


Gogo may be a top-4 dman when he's not busy playing the role of suit-wearing nacho scarfer....


I didn't realize sitting 1 game to let young guys play = nacho scarfer
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,522
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby helmespc on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Lighten up guys.... I wasn't being entirely serious, there....
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,475
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:48 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Why would anyone need to lighten up?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,898
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby helmespc on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Why would anyone need to lighten up?


:?

Image
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,475
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:48 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby slappybrown on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:26 pm

In this hypothethical world, why is Jagr playing with Sutter and no as the mythical second-line winger with 71 and 18? Unless of course, 71 is dead.

DERP EDIT: Both RW. So I guess he goes with Sid then and move Kunitz down to Malkin/Neal.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,071
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm

slappybrown wrote:In this hypothethical world, why is Jagr playing with Sutter and no as the mythical second-line winger with 71 and 18? Unless of course, 71 is dead.

DERP EDIT: Both RW. So I guess he goes with Sid then and move Kunitz down to Malkin/Neal.


Also because he mentioned something about playing better with a right-handed center, so people think "Hey, Sutter is a righty"
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,522
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Samuelsson on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Jagr is a weird dude and it might not make a whole lot of sense, but I would be on board with a deal. Probably my biggest hero growing up.
Samuelsson
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:16 am
Location: Karlstad,Sweden

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby DesertPenguin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Bennett - Crosby - Jagr
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis
Glass - Vitale - Adams

Drool
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 pm
Location: Z's Old House

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby malksby8771 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm gonna be the guy that points out that Shero made sure to give 2M to kennedy and only offer Jagr 1 year 1.8-2M (depending on the source) and he signed in philly for only 3.4M.....shouldn't we have just paid him like 3M in hindsight? Especially given the fact that he might play again next year? 2-3 years of Jagr for 2 years of TK and a little more cap space turned out to be terrible cap management.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Beveridge on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm

I still find it comical that we have any idea what we did or didn't offer and take whatever "sources" say as gospel.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,849
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby malksby8771 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Beveridge wrote:I still find it comical that we have any idea what we did or didn't offer and take whatever "sources" say as gospel.


Umm...we offered him less than 3.4M. That's a fact. He went to Philly for more money even though his "heart was in pittsburgh" because we didn't offer him as much as them due to our insistence to re-sign kennedy. Those are absolute facts. Nothing to debate here.
malksby8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby pcm on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 pm

Shero definitely lowballed Jagr. Whether that was because he really didn't want him on the team or he misjudged the market / Jagr's greed is up for debate. That said, Jagr on this team last year would have made for a very different ending to the season. The guy can still bring it. I'm kind of guessing though when I say that I think Mario is soured on JJ, and doesn't want him anymore. But who really knows.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,800
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm

malksby8771 wrote:
Beveridge wrote:I still find it comical that we have any idea what we did or didn't offer and take whatever "sources" say as gospel.


Umm...we offered him less than 3.4M. That's a fact. He went to Philly for more money even though his "heart was in pittsburgh" because we didn't offer him as much as them due to our insistence to re-sign kennedy. Those are absolute facts. Nothing to debate here.

Actually the fact is that there was never an opportunity for him to sign with the penguins. The offer was never available during free agency.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,898
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Guinness on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:54 pm

malksby8771 wrote:I'm gonna be the guy that points out that Shero made sure to give 2M to kennedy and only offer Jagr 1 year 1.8-2M (depending on the source) and he signed in philly for only 3.4M.....shouldn't we have just paid him like 3M in hindsight? Especially given the fact that he might play again next year? 2-3 years of Jagr for 2 years of TK and a little more cap space turned out to be terrible cap management.


To be fair, at the time that money to Kennedy didn't look bad at all.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,337
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby penmyst on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 pm

No on Jagr.

No.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,369
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 pm

If the Penguins are looking to get some depth on the third line, I doubt Jagr is the guy Shero will want to acquire from Dallas. I'm thinking Michael Ryder would be more of his type.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:08 am

Re: Jagr as a Trade Deadline Pick Up

Postby champeen on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 pm

i honestly think that if the kovy 2.0 experiment had never happened, they would have gone after jagr a little harder. i think gmrs was kind of soured on the reunion tour thing and probably underestimated jagr's ability to contribute. now he's nearly 2 yrs older.... can his groin handle the rigors of a deep playoff run?
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skullman80, sniper, SolidSnake, Stillerz Bar and 19 guests


e-mail