TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
canaan wrote:oh, and i never realized that the show was called "downton abbey'" and not downtown abbey. i was flummoxed because i always read it as downtown.

Likewise

woah samesies. mind blown
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
obhave wrote:
Rylan wrote:PSYCH TONIGHT AT 10 EST ON USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm going to miss it and don't have DVR. Disappoint

It'll be on OnDemand for free the day after.... I barely ever use my DVR
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Amazing Race is back on, and it features Bates and Anthony Battaglia. Bates used to play for the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs, Anthony has been a minor league player. For a diving challenge, Anthony took out his teeth so he wouldn't lose them. :lol: :face:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 pm

I thought HIMYM was particularly funny this week

Though its really lame how the Ted narrative is now that he hasn't wanted to settle down before now. Isn't that ALL he's wanted this whole time?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 pm

obhave wrote:
Rylan wrote:PSYCH TONIGHT AT 10 EST ON USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:fist:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 pm

How does Psych compare to The Mentalist? A co-worker told me they were somewhat similar. I've seen a season of the latter and enjoyed it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Its more comedic than the Mentalist. Definitely pokes fun at itself and maintains an ability to be serious and comedic. Its great stuff.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:25 pm

I may need to put it into the queue.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 pm

this is the only clip from psych i have ever seen. i can't watch anymore because this is as good as it gets, and anything else will lower my opinion of the show.

Spoiler:
dean cameron is awesome.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:03 am

Good episode tonight, though not entirely sure it was worth a 10 month wait :evil:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 am

Psych is funny, but never worked its way into my regular rotation, even when I was watching like 13 shows.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby LeopardLetang on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 am

Rylan wrote:Good episode tonight, though not entirely sure it was worth a 10 month wait :evil:

true, but watching the 6hr slumber party marathon throughout the last week plus the new one left me satisfied. the show has the perfect mix of being able to watch it after 5 beers (my own personal prime time,) or while eating in the morning, or while falling asleep on the couch. pretty similar to burn notice. fun and easygoing and rewatchable but i can take it seriously too.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby LeopardLetang on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:09 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
canaan wrote:oh, and i never realized that the show was called "downton abbey'" and not downtown abbey. i was flummoxed because i always read it as downtown.

Likewise

huh. i just figured people were calling it "downton" because it was their attempt at a british accent or something not because it wasn't actually "downtown"
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:29 am

LeopardLetang wrote:
Rylan wrote:Good episode tonight, though not entirely sure it was worth a 10 month wait :evil:

true, but watching the 6hr slumber party marathon throughout the last week plus the new one left me satisfied. the show has the perfect mix of being able to watch it after 5 beers (my own personal prime time,) or while eating in the morning, or while falling asleep on the couch. pretty similar to burn notice. fun and easygoing and rewatchable but i can take it seriously too.

Solid points. There was just a lot of expectations being built up having had to wait so long. And when it is one of my two favorite shows the long wait can be a bummer lol.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:45 am

i cant believe sean kicked ashlee off the bachelor this week.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 am

LeopardLetang wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

Likewise

huh. i just figured people were calling it "downton" because it was their attempt at a british accent or something not because it wasn't actually "downtown"

Me fivesies.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 am

My wife eats up the Bachelor....I can't stand it. 3 out of the 24 couples that were put together on the show are still together:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/how-many-official-bachelor-and-bachelorette-couples-actually-make-it

I just find the entire premise so dumb. Every date is a five-figure exotic trip to some remote destination. I laugh at the stupid women (and men sometimes) that cry their eyes out after getting booted off a reality show. I can't imagine the shame they feel when they get home.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:02 am

My last dentist was apparently on the bachellorette.....he was a bit of a quack and his replacement had to fix one of my crowns for free.

/csb
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:04 am

shafnutz05 wrote:My wife eats up the Bachelor....I can't stand it. 3 out of the 24 couples that were put together on the show are still together:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelor/articles/how-many-official-bachelor-and-bachelorette-couples-actually-make-it

I just find the entire premise so dumb. Every date is a five-figure exotic trip to some remote destination. I laugh at the stupid women (and men sometimes) that cry their eyes out after getting booted off a reality show. I can't imagine the shame they feel when they get home.

You're just saying this for the shock value, right? No one could possibly think this.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:58 am

the wicked child wrote:How does Psych compare to The Mentalist? A co-worker told me they were somewhat similar. I've seen a season of the latter and enjoyed it.

The Mentalist is an unfunny ripoff of Psych. Psych acknowledges this by making it the main character's favorite show.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 am

shafnutz05 wrote:My wife eats up the Bachelor....I can't stand it. 3 out of the 24 couples that were put together on the show are still together:

Shaf, please watch Burning Love on E!, it's mocking the bachelor but does it so seriously that a lot of people think it's real. You an your wife will enjoy it, I promise. they originated on yahoo as 5 minute episodes and E just bought the first season.

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eismann on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:55 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So................

Who told Nick Kroll he was funny? But yet they cancel The Sarah Silverman Show.

see, i think nick kroll on his own is actually not bad. but his characters are terrible. and since his show is based on his characters, im not gonna watch it.

His characters are amazing on the comedy bang bang podcast - but I think the improv element is a big part of that.

I actually like the show. I'm not sure if I'm trying to like it, but I like it.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:20 pm

eddysnake wrote:

Shaf, please watch Burning Love on E!, it's mocking the bachelor but does it so seriously that a lot of people think it's real. You an your wife will enjoy it, I promise. they originated on yahoo as 5 minute episodes and E just bought the first season.

Are any other members of The State in this show?
Last edited by FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Eismann wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So................

Who told Nick Kroll he was funny? But yet they cancel The Sarah Silverman Show.

see, i think nick kroll on his own is actually not bad. but his characters are terrible. and since his show is based on his characters, im not gonna watch it.

His characters are amazing on the comedy bang bang podcast - but I think the improv element is a big part of that.

I actually like the show. I'm not sure if I'm trying to like it, but I like it.

It's gotten better
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Starting watching a bunch of Live from Daryl's House on Palladium. Some good stuff. Daryl Hall with a special guest each week doing variations of each others songs.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR