Malkin Skates

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!


I feel vindicated
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,198
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:35 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!


I feel vindicated


What they didn't mention was he forgot about 27 minutes of it. He thought he was in Russia playing vodka in a boot.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,623
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:50 pm

He also thought the Florida game was tonight.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,461
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 pm

I heard he didn't know who Rossi was and asked him what he was doing in the locker room.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,422
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby columbia on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!


So this thread just became official? :thumb:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,581
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby penny lane on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:12 pm

penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,689
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby jwest21 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!

so that puts him on track to be back around March 1st....2014.(runs and hides)
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,098
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby netwolf on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm

It's pretty clear that Crosby paid Gudbranson to take Malkin out because he's tired of not being the last guy out on the ice. Three years superleague and all that. :pop:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,387
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:45 pm

jwest21 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!

so that puts him on track to be back around March 1st....2014.(runs and hides)


You better run, jwest... :evil:



:D

Malkin skating is great news!


/ltobvious
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,000
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: HEY, MJ, BAG SKATE 'EM!

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:29 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Malkin skated for 30 minutes today...per Pens Twitter!!!!!


That is great news about Geno. I’ll bet he’s champing at the bit to get back to work. The hard part, I think, will be reining him in and getting him to accept the fact that he has to follow protocol and can’t just jump back into games because he feels ready. He may be long on talent, but I have the sense that he isn’t long on patience.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby k0la on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 am

netwolf wrote:It's pretty clear that Crosby paid Gudbranson to take Malkin out because he's tired of not being the last guy out on the ice. Three years superleague and all that. :pop:


I never thought about this before now. But when Malkin is out, does he go out last, or is it second to last that counts now even when Malkin isn't there? "Neal, can you say some weird stuff in russian and walk behind me?"
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Inside Malkin's head

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby canaan on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 pm

canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,980
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby columbia on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

I was expecting him to skate backwards into the net and hit his head on the ice.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,581
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I heard he was skating with John Leclair
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,129
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby penny lane on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 pm

like seeing evgeni smiling! it's a good thing.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,689
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Tim Thomasen on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
skullman80 wrote: I know Errey and Steiggy were saying how the league should look at stuff like that and think about assessing a penalty etc, but I thought that was a good clean hockey play. Sometimes crap just happens.

Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned this. I heard them bloviating about this during Sunday's game and thought it was ridiculous. They deserve most if not all the "loathsome homer" comments they get from other fanbases. It's embarrassing.


There still not as bad as most of the broadcasting pairs in the league like the two that calls the games for Detroit or Jack Edwards of the Bruins (I don't mind Andy Brickley). Plus I don't they there embarassing just because they made one comment about Geno getting hit. Then again I don't despise Steigy like most do on here. Maybe that's because I don't my announcers being a homer (remember this is the HOME broadcast so the broascast should be slanted) and not boring.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 pm

How do we know that's really Geno in that clip?

Spoiler:
:scared:
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,326
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby nocera on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:11 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
skullman80 wrote: I know Errey and Steiggy were saying how the league should look at stuff like that and think about assessing a penalty etc, but I thought that was a good clean hockey play. Sometimes crap just happens.

Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned this. I heard them bloviating about this during Sunday's game and thought it was ridiculous. They deserve most if not all the "loathsome homer" comments they get from other fanbases. It's embarrassing.


There still not as bad as most of the broadcasting pairs in the league like the two that calls the games for Detroit or Jack Edwards of the Bruins (I don't mind Andy Brickley). Plus I don't they there embarassing just because they made one comment about Geno getting hit. Then again I don't despise Steigy like most do on here. Maybe that's because I don't my announcers being a homer (remember this is the HOME broadcast so the broascast should be slanted) and not boring.


This paragraph makes me twitch.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,099
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Shakes on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 am

canaan wrote:Malkin posted this on twitter:

http://twitter.yfrog.com/muskfhwajoqkxpxllbacvxofz


Wait, did he loft that puck into the bag from center ice? That's pretty sick.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,903
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby no name on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 pm

So what are the next steps, as long as there are no set backs. Skate longer and longer. Then non contact workouts, full contact workouts, then a real game?
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,060
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby murphydump55 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:58 pm

nocera wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
skullman80 wrote: I know Errey and Steiggy were saying how the league should look at stuff like that and think about assessing a penalty etc, but I thought that was a good clean hockey play. Sometimes crap just happens.

Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned this. I heard them bloviating about this during Sunday's game and thought it was ridiculous. They deserve most if not all the "loathsome homer" comments they get from other fanbases. It's embarrassing.


There still not as bad as most of the broadcasting pairs in the league like the two that calls the games for Detroit or Jack Edwards of the Bruins (I don't mind Andy Brickley). Plus I don't they there embarassing just because they made one comment about Geno getting hit. Then again I don't despise Steigy like most do on here. Maybe that's because I don't my announcers being a homer (remember this is the HOME broadcast so the broascast should be slanted) and not boring.


This paragraph makes me twitch.


Slightly LOL
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,629
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: Thunder Bay

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby penny lane on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Image

Gene practicing at Southpointe now! :thumb:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,689
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Gaucho on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Excellent.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,644
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:50 pm

nocera wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
skullman80 wrote: I know Errey and Steiggy were saying how the league should look at stuff like that and think about assessing a penalty etc, but I thought that was a good clean hockey play. Sometimes crap just happens.

Yeah, I'm glad you mentioned this. I heard them bloviating about this during Sunday's game and thought it was ridiculous. They deserve most if not all the "loathsome homer" comments they get from other fanbases. It's embarrassing.


There still not as bad as most of the broadcasting pairs in the league like the two that calls the games for Detroit or Jack Edwards of the Bruins (I don't mind Andy Brickley). Plus I don't they there embarassing just because they made one comment about Geno getting hit. Then again I don't despise Steigy like most do on here. Maybe that's because I don't my announcers being a homer (remember this is the HOME broadcast so the broascast should be slanted) and not boring.


This paragraph makes me twitch.


Oh well, but There are announcers out there that are just as bad or worse than Steigy.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Re: Malkin Skates

Postby nocera on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:32 pm

According to the Pens twitter feed, Bylsma reported that Malkin was cleared for contact today but still needs to pass the impact test.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,099
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chirpin' Grinder, joeyg412, jwest21, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, meow, no name, Penspal, Steve Dave, stopper40 and 14 guests


e-mail