DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Beveridge on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 am

tfrizz wrote:Apparently DiPietro was pulled after giving up 5 for Bridgeport tonight.


http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6581 ... l:topheads


sometimes, you just can't make this stuff up
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,142
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby nocera on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Has there ever been a bigger falling from grace in hockey than this?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,966
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby canaan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 pm

what are we considering dipietro's grace?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,468
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby nocera on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:16 pm

canaan wrote:what are we considering dipietro's grace?


Fair point.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,966
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:48 pm

I probably wouldn't but at what point does he take stock of himself and his current skill set and hang it up thereby letting the NYI off the hook for that contract?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,187
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Beveridge on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:I probably wouldn't but at what point does he take stock of himself and his current skill set and hang it up thereby letting the NYI off the hook for that contract?


To be fair, if any of us were him, would we opt out of it knowing that the Islanders are going to buy me out and give me the money within the next 18 months?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,142
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Beveridge wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:I probably wouldn't but at what point does he take stock of himself and his current skill set and hang it up thereby letting the NYI off the hook for that contract?


To be fair, if any of us were him, would we opt out of it knowing that the Islanders are going to buy me out and give me the money within the next 18 months?

They had the chance to do that with the new CBA free of penalty and didn't do it. I don't think they're buying him out.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,187
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Beveridge on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:I probably wouldn't but at what point does he take stock of himself and his current skill set and hang it up thereby letting the NYI off the hook for that contract?


To be fair, if any of us were him, would we opt out of it knowing that the Islanders are going to buy me out and give me the money within the next 18 months?

They had the chance to do that with the new CBA free of penalty and didn't do it. I don't think they're buying him out.



Might not have had the money at the time to buy him out or wanted to see if he was useful as a backup until time ran out?

If they don't buy him out one of the next 2 summers, Islanders deserve basement dweller status for the length of that deal.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,142
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby sniper on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Beveridge wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:I probably wouldn't but at what point does he take stock of himself and his current skill set and hang it up thereby letting the NYI off the hook for that contract?


To be fair, if any of us were him, would we opt out of it knowing that the Islanders are going to buy me out and give me the money within the next 18 months?

They had the chance to do that with the new CBA free of penalty and didn't do it. I don't think they're buying him out.



Might not have had the money at the time to buy him out or wanted to see if he was useful as a backup until time ran out?

If they don't buy him out one of the next 2 summers, Islanders deserve basement dweller status for the length of that deal.


They may not buy him out simply because he gets them to the salary cap floor. If they buy him out they have to pay him and he doesn't help them. If they don't they have to pay him and he at least serves that purpose. Hopefully that's not their reasoning for not buying him out because it says to their fans we have no thought of raising our salary level above the minimum amount required for next 8 or so years.
sniper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,221
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:25 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Beveridge on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:23 pm

sniper wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:I probably wouldn't but at what point does he take stock of himself and his current skill set and hang it up thereby letting the NYI off the hook for that contract?


To be fair, if any of us were him, would we opt out of it knowing that the Islanders are going to buy me out and give me the money within the next 18 months?

They had the chance to do that with the new CBA free of penalty and didn't do it. I don't think they're buying him out.



Might not have had the money at the time to buy him out or wanted to see if he was useful as a backup until time ran out?

If they don't buy him out one of the next 2 summers, Islanders deserve basement dweller status for the length of that deal.


They may not buy him out simply because he gets them to the salary cap floor. If they buy him out they have to pay him and he doesn't help them. If they don't they have to pay him and he at least serves that purpose. Hopefully that's not their reasoning for not buying him out because it says to their fans we have no thought of raising our salary level above the minimum amount required for next 8 or so years.


Good call. Forgot about their issues with getting to the salary floor, hence the Thomas trade.

That is why he wasn't bought out this season. And could be what keeps him around through this off-season. I just can't fathom Islanders being that stupid and not buying him out before it's too late. But this is the Islanders so, yeah.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,142
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Pitts on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Thomas is not getting paid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

Why would he not if his salary is counting against the cap? I don't recall hearing that the team suspended him.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,369
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Pavel Bure on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure Thomas is old enough that he gets paid no matter what
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,187
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:55 pm

I dont believe TT isn't getting paid. His salary counts to cap but he's not getting a check. Same thing as if 35+ contract retires.. they still dont get paid to retire? (thats crazy, who gets paid a salary when they retire still..), but the cap count hits to hurt the team. Help the Isles in this case..
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby JS© on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am

Pitts wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Thomas is not getting paid.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

Why would he not if his salary is counting against the cap? I don't recall hearing that the team suspended him.


because he never reported
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,976
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: DiPietro to Bridgeport...

Postby llipgh2 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:24 am

The Bruins suspended TT for not reporting. The Isles didn't lift the suspension.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,418
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

e-mail