3/1/13 Penguins v. Canadiens- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 3/1/13 Penguins v. Canadiens- Official Game Thread

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 am

DelPen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:I hope this goes well. The book says that the way both teams are playing, this should be a systematic dismantling of the Pens.

For this reason, the Pens will win.

Ugly 7-6 win.

Congrats to you, too, DelPen.

Had a rockin' party to attend, still getting caught up with the night's cluster....festivities.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Kharlamov wrote:Image

I don't want to play on a great team and score overtime winners against the Canadiens in Montreal, someone else can do that for me!

Yeah...you know, when I read the other day that Jordan said that Eric said something like we may never play together if not now, I was actually annoyed (no kidding--I must be a jerk). I'm like, if the Neidermayers can wait 15 years, why can't you guys? Soff.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby The U on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Mr. Colby wrote:Also, could our bottom 6 be any more worthless?

Has our 4th line established even a full minute of zone time this season? 22 games you would think Glass would have been hit by a puck at some point and got a cheap assist. What is that line's role, just to not get scored on? What happened to having an energy line?

I like Glass and Vitale but that line isn't clicking... Adams doesn't need to play every night. He could be bringing that line down. Scary that we don't have a single gritty, high energy replacement in WBS. Doesn't every organization have like 3 Vitale's in the AHL they can call up? I'd take 3 Vitale's on line 4. All energy and speed and hitting, all the time.

I think Glass is playing ok but looks better with better linemates. I'd put him on line 3 and drop TK down.

Bennett is fine but out of place on Line 3. TK is worthless was well. So 3 of your bottom 6 bring nothing to the table in their current roles.

This team isn't good enough to be satisfied with 25% of their forwards bringing nothing to the table.

Those bottom 6 guys are supposed to piss the other team off, play dirty, take the occasional cheap shot, fight, crash the crease, etc. the other team and their fans are supposed to despise those guys. Think any Philly or Cap fans HATE any of our 4th liners? No. They dump the puck in, skate around for 45 seconds then go back to the bench.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 am

There's not even any zone time or scoring chances when our bottom 6 goes out
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Eismann on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:04 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
dbizzle66 wrote:
Eismann wrote:this is like What's Happening without Danielle Spencer...No Dee.

Bravo. Bravo.

Yeah, if I were remiss at stopping to applaud this, as well, I'd be like a kid at recess...no class.

You know that's a Bill/Russell ref...

Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 am

Eismann wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
dbizzle66 wrote:
Eismann wrote:this is like What's Happening without Danielle Spencer...No Dee.

Bravo. Bravo.

Yeah, if I were remiss at stopping to applaud this, as well, I'd be like a kid at recess...no class.

You know that's a Bill/Russell ref...

Oh, yeah. Your "What's Happening!!" ref reminded me of "Fat Albert."

Obehkaybeh. :D
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby thepittman on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:07 am

I feel this is one of those type of games that will unite the team. I hope we see the effect of it.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ILikeTurtles on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:10 am

Delpen (bow to you)
That being said, they play below the faceoff circles and around the net in both zones is atrocious. The Pens need to crash and clear the net. They are getting beat on simple plays. I can NOT wait to see Geno back in the lineup for some stabilization.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penmyst on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 am

Mr. Colby wrote:Also, could our bottom 6 be any more worthless?

Has our 4th line established even a full minute of zone time this season? 22 games you would think Glass would have been hit by a puck at some point and got a cheap assist. What is that line's role, just to not get scored on? What happened to having an energy line?

Are they even doing THAT well? The teams GAA is middle of the league and sinking fast.....

ILikeTurtles wrote:Delpen (bow to you)
That being said, they play below the faceoff circles and around the net in both zones is atrocious. The Pens need to crash and clear the net. They are getting beat on simple plays. I can NOT wait to see Geno back in the lineup for some stabilization.

Holy hell, it's only taken a couple of games out to forget how worthless Geno is in his own end? And he's been almost as worthless in the other end.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins