Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:56 pm

pcm wrote:Exhibit #3921 of Shiny New Toy Syndrome.


Still was better than Jeffrey and Tangradi.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,526
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby Tico Rick on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
pcm wrote:Exhibit #3921 of Shiny New Toy Syndrome.


Still was better than Jeffrey and Tangradi.

Yep. Boychuk's still here, Tangradi's gone. That says something.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,326
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby pcm on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Boychuk was waved remember? At least someone traded for Tangradi. A 7th rnd pick yes, but Shero's got plenty of history of giving players away so that they have an opportunity to play elsewhere. What that says is maybe not what you think it says. Anyways, you're just providing more evidence for SNTS.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,378
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:37 pm

pcm wrote:Boychuk was waved remember? At least someone traded for Tangradi. A 7th rnd pick yes, but Shero's got plenty of history of giving players away so that they have an opportunity to play elsewhere. What that says is maybe not what you think it says. Anyways, you're just providing more evidence for SNTS.


Boychuk wasn't waived because Carolina didn't want him. They waived him because they wanted him to get PT in the A. Rutherford pretty much said he didn't expect Boychuk to get claimed. Had he known it, he would've tried to trade him.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,526
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:13 pm

And that's the end of that...back on waivers today.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,019
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby tfrizz on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Back to the 'Canes you go, Boychuck.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,377
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby Hawkeynut on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:25 pm

He did nothing to deserve a top 6 spot. No loss.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,907
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Page 554 of the new CBA

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:26 pm

It's like an extended test drive - you give it back when you're done. No harm, no foul, no long term commitment. Beautiful.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,173
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby meow on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:28 pm

He'll be a nice little trivia question in 10 years
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,590
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby DelPen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 pm

It's a shame, Boychuk is a better hockey player than Kennedy who amazingly is still in the lineup.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,062
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby IanMoran on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

meow wrote:He'll be a nice little trivia question in 10 years

For what?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,970
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby shmenguin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:07 pm

IanMoran wrote:
meow wrote:He'll be a nice little trivia question in 10 years

For what?


name the most useless shrimp in penguins history:
a) boychuk
b) eric boguniecki
c) chris bourque
d) chris connor
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,903
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby HockeyDaddy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:It's like an extended test drive - you give it back when you're done. No harm, no foul, no long term commitment. Beautiful.


Actually, didn't claiming Boychuck kind of force the movement of Lovejoy? I can't remember now. But the logjam at defense would exist regardless and the Lovejoy move was just as more for the player's benefit than anything else.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,529
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: In Yo Face

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby brwi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Oh wait, I thought I was simply a Boychuk "hater" here when he was acquired, at least from all the howls I saw when I stated he was a "nothing" player in Carolina and wouldn't do crap here either.

Boychuck is a scrub. Carolina dumped him because HE SUCKS. Pens are waiving him because after the initial rush of a new opportunity with a new team for a handful of games, he showed that HE SUCKS and brings a whole lot of nothing to the ice.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,132
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby shmenguin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 pm

brwi wrote:Oh wait, I thought I was simply a Boychuk "hater" here when he was acquired, at least from all the howls I saw when I stated he was a "nothing" player in Carolina and wouldn't do crap here either.

Boychuck is a scrub. Carolina dumped him because HE SUCKS. Pens are waiving him because after the initial rush of a new opportunity with a new team for a handful of games, he showed that HE SUCKS and brings a whole lot of nothing to the ice.


the boychuk phenomenon certainly didn't do anything for LGP's "shiny new toy" syndrome
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,903
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby slappybrown on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 pm

shmenguin wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
meow wrote:He'll be a nice little trivia question in 10 years

For what?


name the most useless shrimp in penguins history:
a) boychuk
b) eric boguniecki
c) chris bourque
d) chris connor

I'd say I disliked Bork the most.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,310
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby brwi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:19 pm

DelPen wrote:It's a shame, Boychuk is a better hockey player than Kennedy who amazingly is still in the lineup.


He's not anywhere close to being as good as TK and TK is struggling mightily these days. At least Kennedy has shown he can take a regular shift in the NHL and be productive. Boychuk has never shown anything.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,132
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby ShipHockey7 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Kennedy = turnover machine

I find myself becoming quite frustrated watching that man play hockey.
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,285
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm

brwi wrote:
DelPen wrote:It's a shame, Boychuk is a better hockey player than Kennedy who amazingly is still in the lineup.


He's not anywhere close to being as good as TK and TK is struggling mightily these days. At least Kennedy has shown he can take a regular shift in the NHL and be productive. Boychuk has never shown anything.


This is correct. I'd take TK in the lineup over Boychuk at least 9 times out of 10. And I full well realize TK isn't playing his best hockey this year, which isn't fully his fault either...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,019
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 pm

slappybrown wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
meow wrote:He'll be a nice little trivia question in 10 years

For what?


name the most useless shrimp in penguins history:
a) boychuk
b) eric boguniecki
c) chris bourque
d) chris connor

I'd say I disliked Bork the most.


Was Chris Connor the one that did the drop pass on the breakaway?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,644
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby columbia on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Yes.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,581
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby shmenguin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
meow wrote:He'll be a nice little trivia question in 10 years

For what?


name the most useless shrimp in penguins history:
a) boychuk
b) eric boguniecki
c) chris bourque
d) chris connor

I'd say I disliked Bork the most.


Was Chris Connor the one that did the drop pass on the breakaway?


minard
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,903
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby Henry Hank on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Minard drop passed on a breakaway and was sent down after that game, never to be seen in a Pens jersey again. I'll never forget him doing that. If there's one sign that someone just doesn't belong in the NHL, that's it.

Boychuk stinks. He actually looked pretty good at first but I think a lot of that was just in comparison to Tangradi. Boychuk at least resembles a real NHL player. But the amount of games and the opportunities he had without any points, doesn't cut it. Again, look at Bennett in a similar situation and he's actually come through a little bit.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby mikey287 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:03 pm

Claimed by Nashville.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,019
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Pens claim Boychuk from CAR

Postby penny lane on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm

nashville + pittsburgh; the love that never quits.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,688
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: champeen, Jim and 11 guests


e-mail