rossi discusses trading 58

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: rossi discusses trading 58

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:22 am

She'sTheFastest wrote:The Pens should trade Rossi for Paul Zeise.

Throw in a 3rd and we can get Mirtle! Do it, Trib!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby offsides on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Shakes wrote:Tanger now leads all D in scoring. Pretty valuable trade asset. :pop:

He does have good affensive skills, but he is suppose to also act like a defenseman once in a while. Perfect example was last night. He had 4 assists but was also on the ice for 6 of the 7 goals. I would like to see him be a little more responsible in his own end.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 am

Please no....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:23 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:

Please no....

Agree
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Paul Zeise is awful.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby helmespc on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 pm

I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see Letang be a draft-day trade, a la Staal. Shero will make his best offer and then the decision will be Letang's.
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby marek on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 pm

I'd only trade Letang if you were able to package him along with extra overpaid baggage like Kennedy and in return get a scoring winger and a shut down Dman... so yes I'd take Eberle or Yakupov and Smid... but I think we could also use a bit of muscle on the third or fourth line too... a lot to ask

I think calgary is an option too... Letang and Kennedy for Iginla and Giordano
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TKovacs2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Bathgate wrote:Letang for PK Subban?

Both players have great talent but both have issues. Letang does not always play smart, cannot hit the net with his shots, and seems not to help the power play. Subban is so brash and arrogant that he turns off teammates, management, and fans alike.

The Canadiens would love to acquire a French star. The Pens need a good black player who can engage the local black community so as to increase the fan base and TV ratings.

If I’m not mistaken, both players’ contracts expire after next season. Subban is two years younger.

Would either team make the deal? More importantly, would both teams be willing to make the deal?

:face: :shock: :face:
TKovacs2
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

marek wrote:I'd only trade Letang if you were able to package him along with extra overpaid baggage like Kennedy and in return get a scoring winger and a shut down Dman... so yes I'd take Eberle or Yakupov and Smid... but I think we could also use a bit of muscle on the third or fourth line too... a lot to ask

I don't think Edmonton or Calgary would have any interest in either of those deals at all. But I'm not Feaster or Tambellini.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Only way Calgary was getting Letang was for Giordano, Barschti, a first and a 3rd.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:11 pm

They definitely won't do that unless Giordano loses a leg and the doctors sew it on to Baerstchi just to slow him down...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:23 pm

mikey287 wrote:
marek wrote:I'd only trade Letang if you were able to package him along with extra overpaid baggage like Kennedy and in return get a scoring winger and a shut down Dman... so yes I'd take Eberle or Yakupov and Smid... but I think we could also use a bit of muscle on the third or fourth line too... a lot to ask

I don't think Edmonton or Calgary would have any interest in either of those deals at all. But I'm not Feaster or Tambellini.

Well Feaster's ineptitude did almost cost Calgary a bunch of draft picks for nothing, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility. :P

Letang's value is (at this point) far above Jordan Staal's. Wouldn't you agree?
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:45 pm

mikey287 wrote:They definitely won't do that unless Giordano loses a leg and the doctors sew it on to Baerstchi just to slow him down...

lol exactly. Calgary has nothing the Pens need. Especially if it's involving Iginla.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:51 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Well Feaster's ineptitude did almost cost Calgary a bunch of draft picks for nothing, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility. :P

Letang's value is (at this point) far above Jordan Staal's. Wouldn't you agree?

I would agree.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ville5 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:05 am

Malkamaniac wrote:Paul Zeise is awful.

You'll all fall asleep before you reach the end of the first run-on paragraph.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pens15 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 am

I think you have to keep 58, pay him, and take the bad with the good. Hoping of course that he can still become more consistent. The guy is just such a remarkable talent. He makes more jaw-dropping plays on a regular basis than perhaps even Sid or Malkin. I'm positive that if he hits the market, every club in this league will be salivating to bring him into their fold. We have the guy, and he wants to be here. Get him signed, end of story.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Luckybreak on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 am

TrueNorth wrote:Letang is in the cross hairs this season, just as Martin was last year. I’m wondering if the people who are all for trading Letang are the same people who were desperate to unload Martin. By the way, I don’t hear anyone clamoring for a Martin trade this season.

Well done for having the foresight that Martin would turn his game around for 1/4 of a season thus wiping the slate clean of 2 years of underperformance so bad the GM offered him a trade. Do you have much success with the lottery?

Just because ideas are expressed regarding tradable assets (in light of team requirements, cap restrictions, and prospects in the system) doesn't mean the villagers are gathering torches and pitchforks.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:08 am

The only way I would trade Letang is if we get a stay-at-home dman and skilled RW in return. I don't see those players available anywhere though on the same team.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:40 am

Feels like the last few games he's trying to change his shot. Which is good because that means he's actually trying to put it on net.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pens15 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 am

Even though Letang to Edmonton for one of their young stud forwards might make sense, reality is there's no way Edmonton does it. They won't trade guys over whom they have several years of control for an impending UFA. Is there any way in hell Letang signs a long-term deal to play in Edmonton? I think not.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby beachinit on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 am

Gaucho wrote:Letang may not be a great PP QB, but that doesn't mean he's worthless on the PP, and yes, probably every team in the league would gladly pay him $6 million a year for his services.

Your kidding right? He has no patience to run the power-play. Martin is doing a fine job when leading the power-play. It is refreshing to see us get it in the zone and actually attack instead of turning the puck over at the blue line, dumping the puck in or getting one bad shot and the puck kicked out
beachinit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:14 am

beachinit wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Letang may not be a great PP QB

Your kidding right? He has no patience to run the power-play.

What exactly is your issue with what I was saying?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bh on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:24 am

Malkamaniac wrote:Feels like the last few games he's trying to change his shot. Which is good because that means he's actually trying to put it on net.
He hit the pipe TWICE last night, both on one time shots. I think he needs to shoot quick like that more often. Usually he stops the puck and then shoots and by the time he shoots people are in position to block or make the save. So... hopefully he's learning.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bh on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 am

beachinit wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Letang may not be a great PP QB, but that doesn't mean he's worthless on the PP, and yes, probably every team in the league would gladly pay him $6 million a year for his services.

Your kidding right? He has no patience to run the power-play. Martin is doing a fine job when leading the power-play. It is refreshing to see us get it in the zone and actually attack instead of turning the puck over at the blue line, dumping the puck in or getting one bad shot and the puck kicked out
/Patience is something you can work on. He has been better on the PP the last couple of games. It would be terribly short sighted and silly to trade Letang now... unless Shero calculates that he is somehow not affordable.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 am

bh wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Feels like the last few games he's trying to change his shot. Which is good because that means he's actually trying to put it on net.
He hit the pipe TWICE last night, both on one time shots. I think he needs to shoot quick like that more often. Usually he stops the puck and then shoots and by the time he shoots people are in position to block or make the save. So... hopefully he's learning.

Agree, would love to see him continue to do this with his shot.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins