Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 pm

the kickass 2 trailer has meh written all over it
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,225
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby the wicked child on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm

shmenguin wrote:the kickass 2 trailer has meh written all over it

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're making a sequel, but it's completely unnecessary. The original was fun, but didn't leave me wanting to see more.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,381
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:Image

best trilogy ever?

Yes
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,889
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Insert Witty Comment Here

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:02 am

Girlfriend watched the Cirque movie last night while I watched the Sens on my phone. I've never actually seen a Cirque show, and some of that stuff is pretty cool. I didn't really like the movie because that stuff isn't all that impressive to see on screen. I need to see it live though...those people are in crazy condition and the choreography is so impressive. if someone screws up at the wrong time, someone else is like...dead.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,992
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 am

Burt Wonderstone was a real disappointment. Jim Carey and Alin Arkin did their best to make it watchable.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,113
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Movie

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 am

im really in the mood to watch gladiator
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,365
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Movie

Postby Rylan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 am

Image
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:im really in the mood to watch gladiator


I'm usually in the mood to watch the first 2/3 of it. I could take or leave the rest.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,992
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby canaan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Girlfriend watched the Cirque movie last night while I watched the Sens on my phone. I've never actually seen a Cirque show, and some of that stuff is pretty cool. I didn't really like the movie because that stuff isn't all that impressive to see on screen. I need to see it live though...those people are in crazy condition and the choreography is so impressive. if someone screws up at the wrong time, someone else is like...dead.

i saw one in disney a couple years back...was insanely cool.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,466
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Most of my experience with it involves Knocked Up.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,992
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Movie

Postby legame on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Mini Gylenhaal marathon on HBO last night via Source Code (hadn't seen) and Love and Other Drugs (have.)

Both good.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,914
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:21 am
Location: Wilmywood, NC

Re: Movie

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Gah I missed source code and it doesn't look like it'll be back to TiVo
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,365
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Movie

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Gah I missed source code and it doesn't look like it'll be back to TiVo

Really solid sci-fi flick. Heck solid movie in general. I thought it was really good.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,180
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: Movie

Postby Rylan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Source Code was a movie I expected to hate but came out really enjoying.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Movie

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Wreck It Ralph was awesome. A lot of great gaming homages, many subtle.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,447
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Movie

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 pm

canaan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Girlfriend watched the Cirque movie last night while I watched the Sens on my phone. I've never actually seen a Cirque show, and some of that stuff is pretty cool. I didn't really like the movie because that stuff isn't all that impressive to see on screen. I need to see it live though...those people are in crazy condition and the choreography is so impressive. if someone screws up at the wrong time, someone else is like...dead.

i saw one in disney a couple years back...was insanely cool.

I've seen Mystère at TI in Vegas. Absolutely incredible, breathtaking...... and I went under protest. Right up to the opening number, I was complaining about how stupid I thought it was going to be, and then for the next 90 minutes or whatever I was all "No way!"

Show opens with taiko drummers lowered down from the ceiling, and they play for like 4 minutes 30 feet above the crowd. :shock:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,556
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Movie

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 am

i saw the first cirque event that came to the pete (sat next to heath miller /csb) and it was incredible. i am looking forward to my next show
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,365
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Movie

Postby the wicked child on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Watched Thunderball and You Only Live Twice. I am enjoying these movies, but man... sometimes the effects are so bad that it's hard to take seriously. As good as the underwater fight scene is in Thunderball, the rocket pack and "speeding boat" are comically bad. And the erupting volcano in YOLT... lolbad. I mean it looks like they took some horrible stock footage from a tv and pasted it in.

Still, loving these anyway.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,381
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Movie

Postby meecrofilm on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Rylan wrote:Source Code was a movie I expected to hate but came out really enjoying.


If I hadn't seen the director's previous work, "Moon," I might've felt the same way, but that was a great flick, so I was anticipating Source Code, and I agree, It was pretty enjoyable.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,362
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Movie

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:31 pm

the wicked child wrote:Watched Thunderball and You Only Live Twice. I am enjoying these movies, but man... sometimes the effects are so bad that it's hard to take seriously. As good as the underwater fight scene is in Thunderball, the rocket pack and "speeding boat" are comically bad. And the erupting volcano in YOLT... lolbad. I mean it looks like they took some horrible stock footage from a tv and pasted it in.

Still, loving these anyway.


One of my personal favorites is the loopy car sound effect they used when the sheriff's car does a 180 in The Man With the Golden Gun
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,447
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Movie

Postby Malkamaniac on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:34 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Wreck It Ralph was awesome. A lot of great gaming homages, many subtle.


I'll be watching that here in like 10 minutes. Finished with End of Watch earlier this afternoon. Enjoyed it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,949
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Movie

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:37 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Wreck It Ralph was awesome. A lot of great gaming homages, many subtle.


I'll be watching that here in like 10 minutes. Finished with End of Watch earlier this afternoon. Enjoyed it.


Hah that's the other movie we have from Netflix this weekend
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,447
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Movie

Postby Eismann on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:00 pm

The Fighter. Excellent.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,298
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Somebody's funny nightmare

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm

So apparently there is a part 2 to a Christmas Story. Its on movieplex as we speak. None of the original cast is in it.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,889
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Insert Witty Comment Here

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:51 pm

The Sherminator is in the movie. This is a horrible movie.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,889
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Insert Witty Comment Here

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

e-mail