TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: TV Shows

Postby shmenguin on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Amazing Race

Spoiler:
I'll spoiler it, because I don't know who's watching it. The hockey players are still alive, and it didn't look good for them though. There's a father and son team running on three legs - the dad ruptured tendons and his Achilles's Heel. Eeek. Also, first team in AR history to get eliminated...while holding a Fast Forward. :face:

That elimination was an incredible train wreck
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 am

that dude was just a stubborn knob who wouldnt use the express pass. that girl should've punched him in the face.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am

Spoiler:
I'll spoiler it, because I don't know who's watching it. The hockey players are still alive, and it didn't look good for them though. There's a father and son team running on three legs - the dad ruptured tendons and his Achilles's Heel. Eeek. Also, first team in AR history to get eliminated...while holding a Fast Forward. :face:

Spoiler:
My wife and I watch this, and that episode was crazy with the couple with the express pass, although we were happy because we didn't really like the guy (felt bad for the girl). He was a moron and that was a big trainwreck. Even the host didn't understand.

We are rooting for the hockey guys.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 am

newarenanow wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
My wife and I watch this, and that episode was crazy with the couple with the express pass, although we were happy because we didn't really like the guy (felt bad for the girl). He was a moron and that was a big trainwreck. Even the host didn't understand.

We are rooting for the hockey guys.

Spoiler:
it's another weak cast, imo. i liked the father son team, but now i just think it's bordering on irresponsible for him to not bail and go get surgery. i can't imagine flying and running around on crutches is good for a torn tendon.

i was a little sad to see fake anders holmvik go. he was a doof, but a nice guy.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:08 pm

watched an epsiode of Grey's last night (2nd season) that had a high school hockey player cut off his own finger so he could play a game in front of scouts.
Spoiler:
Puts finger on ice so it can be sewn back on later. Only doesn't sanitize the inside of the glove, and gets a bad infection, losing use of the hand, and ends up never able to play hockey again
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 am

I continue to watch Girls every week, and every week, I hate it a bit more.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby legame on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:02 pm

The Americans <3
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jprolley on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm

workaholics was actually pretty funny tonight. i suppose its no coincidence that it also had both montez and karl in it
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am

Last night's episode of The Office recycled most (if not all) the footage from the backdoor pilot to The Farm, which would've featured Dwight and his family running his farm.

If you weren't sure why they decided to scrap plans for that show please watch it. Then you'll understand. Nobody else ever needs to watch it. I was so incredibly bored by it.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:29 am

Archer has been solid this season. I am sad it is almost finished the season.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 am

I've been enjoying community quite a bit this year
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:03 pm

The show i"m most looking forward to these days is Vikings. This show is really amazing.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Rylan wrote:Archer has been solid this season. I am sad it is almost finished the season.

North Korea is the nation-state equivalent of a short bus.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm

eddysnake wrote:I've been enjoying community quite a bit this year

The first two episodes sucked, and I was just going to quit watching it all together. But then the last 3 (I still need to watch last nights) have progressively gotten better and I enjoyed them. I'm not looking forward to the puppet episode, but it's been pretty good.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:44 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:Last night's episode of The Office recycled most (if not all) the footage from the backdoor pilot to The Farm, which would've featured Dwight and his family running his farm.

If you weren't sure why they decided to scrap plans for that show please watch it. Then you'll understand. Nobody else ever needs to watch it. I was so incredibly bored by it.

Yeah, we kept wondering if that was the "pilot" epiosde of the Farm.

I was a little more patient, but the part where I said "I'm glad this didn't go through" was when he put the crows beaks in front of the girl he wanted to ask out. They just had the constant over the top weird crap of Dwights family. It was too much.

The one part I did laugh was when his brother drove the car into the grave.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:51 pm

the chick that was interested in him, nora kirkpatrick, has moments where shes decent looking and then others where she is brutish. i cant get a reading on her.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:52 pm

I've found myself drifting away from The Office over the last few weeks. Between the angle with Pam and the frigging cameraman, the business in Philly, and the other boring plot lines, I just haven't felt any desire to watch it.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm

im just watching it because its close to the finale. the writing is junk and i dont really care about any of the characters.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 pm

i feel an obligation to ride it out until the bitter end. though i'm dreading having to watch this week's episode based on what i'm hearing
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I've found myself drifting away from The Office over the last few weeks. Between the angle with Pam and the frigging cameraman, the business in Philly, and the other boring plot lines, I just haven't felt any desire to watch it.

I'm just sticking through it because there are just a handful of episodes left and might as well see it through the end.

If it was renewed for another 2 years or something, I'd probably stop.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Eismann on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Rylan wrote:Archer has been solid this season. I am sad it is almost finished the season.

Aside from my earlier post about the politics, I have found a few things pretty solid, but overall not as good as they have been.

I could see them making some kind of Katya/Barry spin-off.
Eismann
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby eddysnake on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:21 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:The show i"m most looking forward to these days is Vikings. This show is really amazing.

got caught up with this last night, 2nd episode was better than 1st. I don't care for the wives storylines, it's the only thing that doesn't feel authentic for that time, feels like its forced from a soap opera of today. Other than that, I'm looking forward to more
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 am

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/comcast ... ing-event/

From March 25-31 the No. 1 cable operator will offer its “Xfinity Watchathon Week” with free VOD and streaming access to more than 3,500 episodes of 100 TV series across 30 premium, cable and broadcast networks.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby nocera on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 am

eddysnake wrote:I've been enjoying community quite a bit this year

They rely on gimmick episodes because the writing is spotty and the characters are extremely superficial. I won't miss it when it's gone.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 pm

eddysnake wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:The show i"m most looking forward to these days is Vikings. This show is really amazing.

got caught up with this last night, 2nd episode was better than 1st. I don't care for the wives storylines, it's the only thing that doesn't feel authentic for that time, feels like its forced from a soap opera of today. Other than that, I'm looking forward to more

I think that Nordic culture was actually far ahead on women's lib than others. I could be wrong though.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR