Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 am



One of the new modes in BF3 Endgame is capture the flag. With friendly fire off, you can have a teammate C4 your bike across a map.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,157
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Shyster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:56 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I finally, after three years, beat GTA IV. I doubt I am going to keep playing it, because I don't see myself shooting 200 pigeons or whatever ridiculous achievements are left. I might try to do the six star wanted level achievement just for funsies.

I’m still working on GTA IV too, although I think I’m nearing the end. The easiest way to do the six-star achievement is to do it before the second area (Algonquin?) opens. If you cross over into “forbidden” territory before you’re supposed to, it’s an automatic six-star wanted level. Steal a motorcycle and go to Bohan. Get the motorcycle up on the elevated train tracks, and then ride across the rail bridge to the other side. Halfway across you’ll get a six-star wanted level, but before the helicopters can catch up you can get into the underground subways. Just drive around down there for five minutes or so to get the achievement, and then haul butt back across the bridge to Bohan.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,226
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Shyster wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I finally, after three years, beat GTA IV. I doubt I am going to keep playing it, because I don't see myself shooting 200 pigeons or whatever ridiculous achievements are left. I might try to do the six star wanted level achievement just for funsies.


I’m still working on GTA IV too, although I think I’m nearing the end. The easiest way to do the six-star achievement is to do it before the second area (Algonquin?) opens. If you cross over into “forbidden” territory before you’re supposed to, it’s an automatic six-star wanted level. Steal a motorcycle and go to Bohan. Get the motorcycle up on the elevated train tracks, and then ride across the rail bridge to the other side. Halfway across you’ll get a six-star wanted level, but before the helicopters can catch up you can get into the underground subways. Just drive around down there for five minutes or so to get the achievement, and then haul butt back across the bridge to Bohan.


That's brilliant. I pretty much figured I was going to use the train tunnels to elude the po po....nice
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,103
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:04 pm

GTA IV was the first game I didn't pick up hookers.

Unrelated to hookers, but will there be customization similar to San Andreas in GTA V. Like making nicer cars or more outfits. If not, then reason #43 why Saint's Row is a better series.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Shyster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Rylan wrote:Unrelated to hookers, but will there be customization similar to San Andreas in GTA V. Like making nicer cars or more outfits. If not, then reason #43 why Saint's Row is a better series.

I don’t think that is known yet. I sure hope so. It’s far from a bad game, but IMO GTA IV is a big step backwards from San Andreas. Only three clothing stores? No custom cars or paint jobs? No character customization (no tattoos, no haircuts, no gyms, no nothing)? Fewer restaurants? (And why the heck can you only buy a burger in Cluckin’ Bell? It’s a chicken restaurant!). No optional safe houses to buy? I have almost a million bucks and there’s nothing to spend it on. And I hate the whole “friends” concept.* I also really miss Ammu-Nation. The explanation in the game is that Liberty City has strict gun control, but if I wanted to experience moron politicians banning guns, I could just turn off the game and turn on the news.


*Although there is a way to deal with that. If you accept a “date” when someone calls and then immediately call them back and cancel, it doesn’t lower their ratings.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,226
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Shyster wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I finally, after three years, beat GTA IV. I doubt I am going to keep playing it, because I don't see myself shooting 200 pigeons or whatever ridiculous achievements are left. I might try to do the six star wanted level achievement just for funsies.


I’m still working on GTA IV too, although I think I’m nearing the end. The easiest way to do the six-star achievement is to do it before the second area (Algonquin?) opens. If you cross over into “forbidden” territory before you’re supposed to, it’s an automatic six-star wanted level. Steal a motorcycle and go to Bohan. Get the motorcycle up on the elevated train tracks, and then ride across the rail bridge to the other side. Halfway across you’ll get a six-star wanted level, but before the helicopters can catch up you can get into the underground subways. Just drive around down there for five minutes or so to get the achievement, and then haul butt back across the bridge to Bohan.


That's brilliant. I pretty much figured I was going to use the train tunnels to elude the po po....nice


Or you could just do the helicopter cheat and fly the helo around for the required time.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,449
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Shyster wrote:
Rylan wrote:Unrelated to hookers, but will there be customization similar to San Andreas in GTA V. Like making nicer cars or more outfits. If not, then reason #43 why Saint's Row is a better series.

I don’t think that is known yet. I sure hope so. It’s far from a bad game, but IMO GTA IV is a big step backwards from San Andreas. Only three clothing stores? No custom cars or paint jobs? No character customization (no tattoos, no haircuts, no gyms, no nothing)? Fewer restaurants? (And why the heck can you only buy a burger in Cluckin’ Bell? It’s a chicken restaurant!). No optional safe houses to buy? I have almost a million bucks and there’s nothing to spend it on. And I hate the whole “friends” concept.* I also really miss Ammu-Nation. The explanation in the game is that Liberty City has strict gun control, but if I wanted to experience moron politicians banning guns, I could just turn off the game and turn on the news.


*Although there is a way to deal with that. If you accept a “date” when someone calls and then immediately call them back and cancel, it doesn’t lower their ratings.


The gym was because they couldn't get the character model to work when they tried it. The better graphics made it significantly more difficult to do anything with. But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have numerous outfits, a sweet car, and character customization.

I do want to mention that I liked GTA IV. It was a fun game albeit not what I wanted from a GTA video game. After San Andreas, I expected so much more from GTA and felt summarily let down. Not their fault really, but it was a major bummer to me.

The only things I hope GTA does are allow a little more customization, a garage that retrieve cars I put in it (I hate getting a sports car that takes hours to find only to drive it to a mission and never see it again), and just a little tweaks to the peripherals (side missions, mini games, etc) would make me a happy person. Also, hopefully they have the casinos of Las Venturas in V because I wasted soooo much money in them :lol:. My favorite GTA city to date.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Shyster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:38 pm

I really do miss the customized cars, especially the ones you could turn into lowriders or street racers. Although it always seemed that as soon as I pulled out of the garage in my sweet new ride, some jagoff would immediately crash into me.

I really want the return of airplanes, too. I quite enjoyed flying.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,226
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Since the map will be huge I imagine the planes will be back. There were 2 stories coming out about the airplane not being in GTA IV. 1 was that they didn't want idiots reenacting 9/11 on a video modeled after NYC. 2.) Since the map was just a city and not a state there was no point in having airplanes. I think 2 was the main (if not the only) reason as to the lack of planes.

I spent all of my money of customizing cars and gambling in SA. It atleast gave me a reason to use the vast wealth my character accumulated. That and buying safe houses. Gah I may buy it tonight on PSN :scared:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Is The Walking Dead game any good on PS3? I also saw a game called Dead Island. Is that any good?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,457
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:00 pm

I never beat San Andreas....but I definitely remember it as an incredibly fun game to drive around in. I didn't get that same impression from GTA IV. I think I liked the idea of driving around to different cities and towns, small and large. The fact that GTA IV took place in one big city was definitely a letdown, and made the world feel smaller.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,103
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:02 pm

The Walking Dead is an awesome game
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Current video game being played

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Buy two get one free sale on all video games starting Sunday the 17th at Target.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Been playing through Heart of the Swarm. It's interesting in that it has some RPG like elements, but at it's core it's still SC2. The upgrades work a bit differently than in Wings of Liberty... You get to pick one of 2 or 3 upgrades for a unit and at certain times you can introduce new strains which come with new abilities. You can only pick one, but you get to play mini missions to test them out. One example: You get to pick between zerglings which can scale cliffs and leap towards attackers or zerglings which hatch almost immediately and come in 3 per egg.

I've only had a chance to play a bit of God of War Ascension, but I hope to change that in a big way this weekend. What I have played was enjoyable, if not anything new.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,743
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Kaizer on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 am

raptor strain all the way.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,377
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: Current video game being played

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Spent that past 3 hours playing The Walking Dead. Its been many a moon since I've played a PS anything. So it took me some time to get used to the controls. But definitely a quality game. I hope my Lee is a good guy.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,457
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 pm

I am about an hour into Max Payne 3. So far, I love it. The one thing that I love about Max Payne is that it is one of the more difficult shooter games out there. You have to be extremely careful. The voice-acting is awesome too.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,103
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Spent that past 3 hours playing The Walking Dead. Its been many a moon since I've played a PS anything. So it took me some time to get used to the controls. But definitely a quality game. I hope my Lee is a good guy.



DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU FINISH THE GAME....


edit... deleted spoiler... just talk to me when you finish. :D
Last edited by Sigwolf on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,345
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Current video game being played

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Way to tempt me.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,457
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Way to tempt me.


Fair enough... deleted.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,345
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Current video game being played

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Lol....OK im gonna go back to the game.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,457
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby neophool on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:59 am

15 hours into Tomb Raider. Most fun i've had in ages. This game might be one of the best paced games i've ever played.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,366
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:36 am
Location: The Dumps

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Stoosh on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:27 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Is The Walking Dead game any good on PS3? I also saw a game called Dead Island. Is that any good?


Haven't played Walking Dead yet, but that may change soon. I've heard tremendous things about it in terms of character development. I also heard the story takes some absolutely jarring turns at times, too.

Dead Island wasn't...bad. It wasn't great, either. It was a fun game in terms of variations on the number of ways you could get rid of a zombie. Lots of combining things to make weapons. I liked that most melee-based weapons eventually degrade as you use them (until you can repair or upgrade them). I also like that ammo for guns was relatievely limited, too. Had a few good jump-scare moments. But it lacked in character development and after a while, the game just got kind of repetitive bordering on boring. They made a ton of waves with the trailer, but the game never really lived up to it.

I'll be interested to see what the sequel brings, but my expectations are a little bit low.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,478
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am
Location: Aliquippa, PA

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 am

Walking Dead was my GTOY last year.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 pm

OK, so Maxis has released some info on the free game that SimCity owners will be able to obtain. Via Origin, I can get:

Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

I already own BF3, and I find it interesting that they are offering SimCity 4.

What do you guys recommend? I like shooters, but I'm not sure I want to bother with MOH.

http://www.ea.com/news/for-our-patient- ... om-origin-
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,157
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: skullman80, stopper40 and 8 guests


e-mail