Trade Rumors 2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby joe icepick on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 am

No to Jagr....If its true Dallas is asking for a no. 1 and a young roster prospect for Morrow, that is insane!
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby joe icepick on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:33 am

Dallas can ride into the sunset with Morrow and Jagr
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 am

no name wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Gaucho wrote:It's been posted before and it's still as disturbing as ever.

If spackle or tile grout = disturbing

If whipped cream icing = suhweet

I get the feeling its marshmello whip. I got 2 kid i see that stuff all the time. Its the only way we can get them to eat fruit, which after you add Marshmello whip (add cream cheese) kinds defeats the purpose. I tried to explain that to the wife but she will do what ever she wants.

spackle
tile grout
whipped cream
toothpaste
marshmallow whip
cream cheese

This could shape up to be one of our more important polls on this board. 8-)
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:46 am

Idoit40fans wrote:It continues to puzzle me that people think the Penguins ever considered bringing Jagr back.

Are you talking about last year, when he signed with Philly? Or do you mean at present?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:56 am

You trade the Whitney's and Goligoski's for Neal and Kunitz. You trade the Noah Welch's of your system for rentals like Gary Roberts.

If somehow Shero picked Shattenkirk by him falling to us or knew something no one else did about Subban and took him instead of Esposito I'm not sure either would have been moved for that Hossa deal.

Looking around at teams that might need to move someone who has a few years left at a reasonable $3.5-4 million contract and still has one more RFA deal left you have maybe guys like Logan Couture from the Sharks. I'd say Despres, Harrington and morrow are in that class. Pouliot though could bring the most value back and I'm not sure he's completely untouchable. If he's needed to get a really good deal that will fix everything wrong with this team then that would be great.

He got Hossa, Dupuis and Gill for Christensen, Esposito, Armstrong and 1st, 2nd and 5th round picks.

I guess it would be like getting Iginla, Begin and Smid for Kennedy, Jeffrey, Maata and some draft picks. Wonder if Feaster is as big an idiot as Waddell and if Tambellini will get no better offers than a 2nd and mid rounder?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 am

the problem with this year is that we're missing colby armstrong to trade away. we have almost nothing to offer in terms of actual NHL players. hell, even christensen had more value than the roster players that we'd give up. jeffrey is nothing, kennedy is an RFA with a high qualification price, cooke is a UFA and our 4th liners are borderline scrubs. niskanen probably has a little value, i guess. and maybe engelland's fists are appealing to some GM out there. but it's impossible for us to make a deal comparable to the hossa deal since we got jack squat in terms of NHL-ready assets.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 am

Lt. Dish wrote:
no name wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Gaucho wrote:It's been posted before and it's still as disturbing as ever.

If spackle or tile grout = disturbing

If whipped cream icing = suhweet

I get the feeling its marshmello whip. I got 2 kid i see that stuff all the time. Its the only way we can get them to eat fruit, which after you add Marshmello whip (add cream cheese) kinds defeats the purpose. I tried to explain that to the wife but she will do what ever she wants.

spackle
tile grout
whipped cream
toothpaste
marshmallow whip
cream cheese

I just have to assume its something edible since the person puts it in their mouth... Cause if its not it takes it to a whole other level of disturbing.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 am

shmenguin wrote:the problem with this year is that we're missing colby armstrong to trade away. we have almost nothing to offer in terms of actual NHL players. hell, even christensen had more value than the roster players that we'd give up. jeffrey is nothing, kennedy is an RFA with a high qualification price, cooke is a UFA and our 4th liners are borderline scrubs. niskanen probably has a little value, i guess. and maybe engelland's fists are appealing to some GM out there. but it's impossible for us to make a deal comparable to the hossa deal since we got jack squat in terms of NHL-ready assets.

I think Jeffrey is a much better player than EC. He was good in shootouts, that's all. Esposito was garbage, Maata is a much better prospect.

So yes, Armstrong vs Kennedy, Armstrong would seem to win. But are there stats really that different? Granted Kennedy makes too much for a 3rd line wing on this team but on a bad team he can easily be a 2nd line wing, like Colby was. Kennedy actually has .02 goals and points per game more than Armstrong does too. I don't think the gap for the deal is as big as you might think it is if Shero were to offer that to get Iginla. There's hitting and PK but Kennedy on a bad team can be 2nd line RW at ES and PP which would be fine for Calgary.

There's also the fact that Hossa in 2008 was much better than Iginla of 2013. The talent gap between Hossa and Iginla is greater than that of Armstrong and Kennedy.

But ultimately, Don Waddell is an idiot, this deal and Zhitnik for Coburn and I;m sure we can find others. I know Feaster is horrible at paying correctly for free agents but not so sure on his trade history.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:45 am

armstrong had a nicer contract situation and theoretically hadn't peaked (whereas kennedy is certainly not getting any better). that's the big difference.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 pm

no name wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
no name wrote:I get the feeling its marshmello whip. I got 2 kid i see that stuff all the time. Its the only way we can get them to eat fruit, which after you add Marshmello whip (add cream cheese) kinds defeats the purpose. I tried to explain that to the wife but she will do what ever she wants.

spackle
tile grout
whipped cream
toothpaste
marshmallow whip
cream cheese

I just have to assume its something edible since the person puts it in their mouth... Cause if its not it takes it to a whole other level of disturbing.

OK, so what's wrong with me that I initially assumed the alternative--that it's something nonedible?

"canaan!"
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:13 pm

pretty sure it's a whipped cream-like topping. i remember reading about that gif a while ago.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pugilist13 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Kyle Chipchura or a Matt Hendricks possibly. According to Chiarelli, Boston's GM. The asking prices are sky high on the big targets.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:45 pm

What About Max Talbot Back to Pittsburgh?
http://thehockeywriters.com/what-about- ... ittsburgh/

:slug:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:59 pm

columbia wrote:What About Max Talbot Back to Pittsburgh?

I haven't really thought about this, and probably won't, either--but I do think it's funny that he's the only one on the Flyers who's looked like he's cared this season.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:01 pm

what a turd of an article
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:It continues to puzzle me that people think the Penguins ever considered bringing Jagr back.

:thumb:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Great58 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:03 pm

No. Just no.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Anyone care to summarize the RUMORS that are out there in the media instead of the ones that people have dreamed up on NHL13?

- Iginla
- Morrow
- Bouwmeister
- Not just Stafford, anyone on Buffalo (funny Buffalo Sabres Fire Sale vid, explains Stafford "underachiever taghttp://youtu.be/I40HfH1UiXo)
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby no name on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Penspal wrote:Anyone care to summarize the RUMORS that are out there in the media instead of the ones that people have dreamed up on NHL13?

- Iginla
- Morrow
- Bouwmeister
- Not just Stafford, anyone on Buffalo (funny Buffalo Sabres Fire Sale vid, explains Stafford "underachiever taghttp://youtu.be/I40HfH1UiXo)

I take note of things Dreger and McKenzie report and laugh at all others.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm

pugilist13 wrote:Kyle Chipchura or a Matt Hendricks possibly. According to Chiarelli, Boston's GM. The asking prices are sky high on the big targets.

If we are getting bottom 6 guys they need to be penalty killers along with having some size. Chipchura plays no penalty killing so not sure how he would help us. Hendricks though, he'd be a good pickup. 3rd forward on the PK and leads the Caps in majors. So would Jay Beagle.

If Shero can get McPhee drunk and get both of them for say Glass and Jeffrey that would be fantastic :)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Heck if we need a bottom 6 guy just give me Talbot back, he is a decient PK and a proven playoff performer. I know it isn't a popular dedision but he would add character to the locker room and he worked well with Geno in the playoffs in 09.

I think a guy playing with Malkin and Neal would need a voice and be repected enough for Geno and Neal not to take stupid penalties when their on the ice together. Granted i know there are better players availible but if you could land a Talbot MacAuthur and a top 4 D man, we would be set.
Last edited by no name on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mongoose87 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm

The problem with Talbot isn't Talbot, it's the years left on his deal.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Caputi19 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Id take kulemin,talbot,regehr

Duper-sid kunitz
Kulemin malkin neal
Bennett sutter cooke
Adams vitale talbot

Martin orpik
Letang regehr
Eaton despres
Engelland
Caputi19
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Kulemin- +$2.8 mil for 1 year
Talbot- +$1.75 mil for 3
Regehr- +$4.02 mil (UFA)

Kennedy- -$2 mil
Glass- -$1.1 mil

Adding $8.57 mil this year and $4.55 for next year and only giving up $3.1 mil this year and only $1.1 for next. That means we're taking on an extra $3ish mil for next year, leaving us with only $8 mil to fill 7 spots.

Yeah, not really smart cap-wise.
Last edited by MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Why does anyone think Philly wants to trade Talbot? Then, to top it off -- to the Pens of all teams??? NEVER gonna happen (not that it even should).
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins