2013-2014 Season Ticket Invoices

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2013-2014 Season Ticket Invoices

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Is the product 60% more better than however many years ago?
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DMcGrew on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Anyone else not seeing their ticket exchange balance?
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby moondart on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:Is the product 60% more better than however many years ago?

No...I miss the run and gun 80's myself. It was nice when players hit the blueline and tried to beat a guy 1 on 1....instead of dumping it in the corner..
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:34 pm

moondart wrote:
columbia wrote:If they don't charge those high ticket prices, they won't be able to spend $60-70M on player salaries.

They also got control of the parking, and jacked that up to $20 too

And?

Do you expect them to lose money, so folks can enjoy seeing one of the best teams in the league 40+ nights a year?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby moondart on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm

columbia wrote:
moondart wrote:
columbia wrote:If they don't charge those high ticket prices, they won't be able to spend $60-70M on player salaries.

Do you expect them to lose money, so folks can enjoy seeing one of the best teams in the league 40+ nights a year?

Best team with 3 consecutive first round playoff losses? Is that what you mean?
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:38 pm

lol
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 pm

moondart wrote:

Could always park for free in the Hill District. ;)
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby drtofu66 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 pm

DMcGrew wrote:Anyone else not seeing their ticket exchange balance?

Thanks for reminding me that I had overpaid a bit for this past season and had a balance carried forward. That wasn't reflected anywhere on my invoice and I put the 20% down already.

Guess I'll be calling my ticket rep tomorrow.
drtofu66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby moondart on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:03 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Could always park for free in the Hill District. ;)

That's because its "park at your own risk". The Pens should supllement kevlar vests with that parking..
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby moondart on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 pm

drtofu66 wrote:
DMcGrew wrote:Anyone else not seeing their ticket exchange balance?

Thanks for reminding me that I had overpaid a bit for this past season and had a balance carried forward. That wasn't reflected anywhere on my invoice and I put the 20% down already.

Guess I'll be calling my ticket rep tomorrow.

Yea...conspiracy theory in me says that that was intentional to keep more of your money.
moondart
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Are tinfoil hats required to post in this thread?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby drnort on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Three things...

1. I do think the waiting list is mostly a farce. I believe that a LARGE number of people on that list will not pay the price for tickets when their time comes.

2. As a season ticket holder with 2 sets of tickets in completely different price levels, I have made money on every single pair of tickets that I have chosen to sell this year. As long as that is possible, it would be ridiculous for the Penguins to not take advantage of that.

3. Someone asked about the ability move locations throughout the arena. While its not easy, it is very possible. I started with a pair in the upper level, moved to the lower level, and have since moved back to the upper level. Depends on how much your ticket rep wants to work for you, in my opinion. But he also has to be able to find another fan looking to do the opposite of what you want to do.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:03 am

Rylan wrote:Don't indulge moondart people. It won't end well for either of you. Just let it gooooooooooooooooooo.

Fair enough, advice taken.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am

moondart wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I don't think a 5% increase is that bad. Costs go up as well each and every year.

Mine went up nearly 9%. Its pretty ballsy too considering the shortened season. Isn't the cap going down too? Has the cap gone up 60% over the last 5 yrs?

Their costs must be out of control at 60% over 5 years.

60% increase in last 5 yrs....very ballsy indeed.

Ghost of Goulet here to bring some sense and logic to the masses. GOULET. Pens ticket prices may have increased by 60% over 5 seasons and you may consider that outrageous, but you need to lend some perspective to the situation instead of blindly ranting. The reason for the high % increase in their prices is only because their prices were at such a dramatically low level prior to the lockout.

The average NHL ticket price this season is $61.01. The Penguins average ticket price is $67.52. That's 10.6% above the NHL average. Considering there is a new arena, a winning product on the ice with the best player in the NHL and other stars surrounding him, the team consistently makes the playoffs, and the team consistently spends to the cap, I'd say ticket prices 10% above the league average is more than fair.

3 US teams are ahead of us in average ticket price: Capitals, Rangers, Flyers. 5 Canadian teams are ahead of us: Leafs, Jets, Canucks, Oilers, Canadiens. GOULET!

When you look at Fan Cost Index (FCI), the price to take a family of four to a game, including tickets, drinks, hot dogs, parking, etc., the Pens are 11th in the league at $369.07, with the NHL average set at $354.82 (or just 4% above the NHL average). This is due to things like the Pens having cheaper beer prices than other comparable NHL teams as well as not charging for programs when some others do.

So before you accuse Lemieux and Burkle of cheating you and laughing themselves to sleep naked on top of a big pile of money surrounded by beautiful women, take some perspective. I mean, Burkle definitely probably does laugh himself to sleep naked on top of a big pile of money surrounded by beautiful women... but he certainly isn't cheating you. GOULET!
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 am

TheGhostofGoulet wrote:
moondart wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I don't think a 5% increase is that bad. Costs go up as well each and every year.

Mine went up nearly 9%. Its pretty ballsy too considering the shortened season. Isn't the cap going down too? Has the cap gone up 60% over the last 5 yrs?

Ghost of Goulet here to bring some sense and logic to the masses. GOULET. Pens ticket prices may have increased by 60% over 5 seasons and you may consider that outrageous, but you need to lend some perspective to the situation instead of blindly ranting. The reason for the high % increase in their prices is only because their prices were at such a dramatically low level prior to the lockout.

The average NHL ticket price this season is $61.01. The Penguins average ticket price is $67.52. That's 10.6% above the NHL average. Considering there is a new arena, a winning product on the ice with the best player in the NHL and other stars surrounding him, the team consistently makes the playoffs, and the team consistently spends to the cap, I'd say ticket prices 10% above the league average is more than fair.

3 US teams are ahead of us in average ticket price: Capitals, Rangers, Flyers. 5 Canadian teams are ahead of us: Leafs, Jets, Canucks, Oilers, Canadiens. GOULET!

When you look at Fan Cost Index (FCI), the price to take a family of four to a game, including tickets, drinks, hot dogs, parking, etc., the Pens are 11th in the league at $369.07, with the NHL average set at $354.82 (or just 4% above the NHL average). This is due to things like the Pens having cheaper beer prices than other comparable NHL teams as well as not charging for programs when some others do.

So before you accuse Lemieux and Burkle of cheating you and laughing themselves to sleep naked on top of a big pile of money surrounded by beautiful women, take some perspective. I mean, Burkle definitely probably does laugh himself to sleep naked on top of a big pile of money surrounded by beautiful women... but he certainly isn't cheating you. GOULET!

:thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 am

That was beautiful. I am weeping tears of happiness.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby beLIEve on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Have Account or Resale Credit from NHL Ticket Exchange?
Contact the Ticketing Department To Have Credit Applied!

Please note, resale and account credit will not appear on your online season ticket invoice. However, they will appear in the upper right hand box on the paper invoice. To authorize the Penguins to apply your NHL Ticket Exchange or account credit to your 2013-14 season ticket deposit, you must contact the Penguins Ticketing Department at 412.642.PENS or email cservice@pittsburghpenguins.com before making an online payment. We apologize for this inconvenience.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby beLIEve on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 pm

Due date for the deposit is April 19th.

Prices for the playoffs:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=87847

I find it interesting that the points at which the prices change for seats is different for the playoffs than it is for the regular season. For example, in the regular season, the back of 204 pays a different price than the front of 204. In the playoffs, they pay the same amount.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby newarenanow on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:34 pm

beLIEve wrote:Due date for the deposit is April 19th.

Prices for the playoffs:

I find it interesting that the points at which the prices change for seats is different for the playoffs than it is for the regular season. For example, in the regular season, the back of 204 pays a different price than the front of 204. In the playoffs, they pay the same amount.

Damn sleazy organization.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:24 pm

newarenanow wrote:

Prices for the playoffs:

Damn sleazy organization.

:pop: sucks to be the back of 204...or maybe the front. Sucks to suck!
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:45 pm

I'd love to sit 204 row Q. There appears to be more leg room.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Prices for the playoffs:

I sit in 225. Seats are some of the cheapest for the playoffs.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ossa on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Prices for the playoffs:

That's ridiculous. I'm glad I lucked out having seats in 203.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 pm

TheGhostofGoulet wrote:
moondart wrote:

I think those are way way way way off becasue they do not include premium seat prices (igloo seats) which are historically some of the highest in the leauge,
or any of the boxes, little ones or suites, it skews those numbers greatly as the Pens have a ton of those seats.

One other thing people forget is the Pens deal wtih the city "flipped". Consol brought more for them than increased ticket revenue. They got concert money (rent or however that works I dont know), more parking money, a ton more concession money from pens games and now concets, development rights, rent from TGI Fridays or whatever. Plus increased suites and sponsorship cash-eesh. It was a windfall deal. Just add the numbers up in your head for concessions at all the events they have beyond games.

You guys are correct its a free market. But do the math in your head. If they make $5 more person for food than they did before plus concert patrons, more parking, triple the naming rights, more sponsors, 20 more suites, some other random dollars with a minimal increase in rent then they are either sleeping in money beds or the horribly managed from a business side.

Point being even if your fan cost index is correct, which I dont think it is the Pens still have a really good arena deal that makes them money compared to 3 years ago.

I hesitate to say this as MRandall will fire in with the "go get bobbleheads at a pirates game" but its why the cut backs bother people so much, they seem like such minimal silly things to cut out when their increases far far far far far outweigh any rent or cap hikes, especially now that they are getting 7% more back in their pockets.

Thats my opinion anyways, they say they are the best fan friendly organization but pinch pennies on the silliest of things. Deep down I think thats why people get mad, dont come out with excuses and send letters saying your great. Or pound your chest on twitter. Just have price increases due to demand but provide the minimal amount of customer service.

My best example is this. Everyone wanted an iPad. They were expensive and over valued based on demand. But when you went to pick it up it was in a nice package, and there were people in the store to help you out, help you set it up, free trouble shooting and more. There is still value in basic business principles no matter how "by the balls" they have you.

It seems they did learn their lesson from last years playoff pricing disaster. They raised them so high they had too high of a cancel rate and offered us season holders the chance to buy more for the first time since pre Sid.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 am

Well, considering before the CEC deal, they had to declare bankruptcy TWICE (and yes, I know some of that was due to bad ownership decisions), I think the new arena revenue isn't all going straight to their pockets.

As for your ipad example, IMO, the Pens are putting a nice shiny product together, on the ice, where there main product (like the ipad itself) exists. I think this ownership group has shown the commitment to keep a fantastic team together, and spend the money to keep/bring in the pieces for a championship caliber team yearin and year out. To me, that is what I'm paying my money for.

Going back to your ipad example, the bobbleheads and other small things you want to keep you happy would be like Apple including screen wipes or something else with there ipad.

Again, I just think you and I need different things to make us happy.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins