Official Game Day Thread Pens @ Isles, 3/22/2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Game Day Thread Pens @ Isles, 3/22/2013

Postby mikey287 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:58 pm

In terms of NBA standings, Pens are just 29-29 without TK since 2008-09. :idea:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 pm

MRandall25 wrote:P-Mart is definitely having a Lidstrom-type season. Offensively contributing enough, and playing solid on the back end

:shock:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm

mikey287 wrote:It's like "Fahst" meets "must" ...there's a lot of bottom lip involved, I know that much.

meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Gaucho wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:P-Mart is definitely having a Lidstrom-type season. Offensively contributing enough, and playing solid on the back end

Holy Francis, Chris Kunitz #2 in NHL points.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Pretty crazy statistic.

Stamkos and Kunitz are tied for points, at the moment.

Kunitz is a +24, while Stamkos is still (despite his mass point production) a -4 :shock:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Gaucho wrote:

... you're unnecessarily jumping to a conclusion.

I'm not saying he's as good as Lidstrom. I'm saying his season, statistically, is like one Lidstrom would have. Mid-teens in goals, mid-50's in points (if you extrapolate it), solid D play.

In no way am I saying P-Mart = Lidstrom.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 pm

I'll agree with that. Steady, positional, stick on puck D and contributing on the offensive side.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shakes on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Haha, anyone catch Crosby S-bomb on Root? He saw Potash come out with pie on his face. Good stuff.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

i'm not sure how we won that game. in the first period, i came to peace with it being just one of those nights where things weren't going to work out. that was a stunning turn of events.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm totally expecting a loss to the Flyers...

But I'll still be excited if we win. Just preparing myself for the *charcoal*storm LGP will become if we lose.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I'm totally expecting a loss to the Flyers...

But I'll still be excited if we win. Just preparing myself for the *charcoal*storm LGP will become if we lose.

Ill be at the game...im 2-1 since we moved to Consol. ;) ill will them to a win.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:15 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:

I'm not saying he's as good as Lidstrom. I'm saying his season, statistically, is like one Lidstrom would have. Mid-teens in goals, mid-50's in points (if you extrapolate it), solid D play.

Oh, I didn't jump to any conclusions. I just thought it was... lavish praise. He deserves it, though.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Gaucho wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:

Oh, I didn't jump to any conclusions. I just thought it was... lavish praise. He deserves it, though.

I misread the :shock: then.

I don't see it as lavish, if you look at my explanation of myself.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Seriously? After all they have done, one of you already counted this as "one of those nights" after 15 minutes, and another expects a loss against the Flyers?

This team may have looked a little past this game to Sunday, but once again Vokoun was great and the team just sticks with it. They no doubt expected Geno back tonight and lose Kennedy to illness. Warrior effort. Great PK.

Just no reason to give up in any game or expect a loss as a fan. One will come eventually, but this team gives me confidence. I do not believe that this team will lose on Sunday. In fact, I believe they will get all three guys back on Sunday and bury Philly.

I'm willing to risk being disappointed.
Last edited by The Snapshot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 pm

shmenguin wrote:i'm not sure how we won that game. in the first period, i came to peace with it being just one of those nights where things weren't going to work out. that was a stunning turn of events.

did you Razor Ramon around your living room tonight?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 pm

MarioLives wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Paul Martin deserves to be talked about for the Norris. He has been that good.

Come on.... He is not close to Norris worthy

Why not? He has been exceptional in every facet of the game this season. He's even scoring goals.

He won't win it because he doesn't have the big name or the flash, but I would put Martin's game up against any other in the league right now.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Seriously? After all they have done, one of you already counted this as "one of those nights" after 15 minutes, and another expects a loss against the Flyers?

This team may have looked a little past this game to Sunday, but once again Vokoun was great and the team just sticks with it. They no doubt expected Geno back tonight and lose Kennedy to illness. Warrior effort. Great PK.

Just no reason to give up in any game or expect a loss as a fan. One will come eventually, but this team gives me confidence. I do not believe that this team will lose on Sunday. In fact, I believe they will get all three guys back on Sunday and bury Philly.

Haha chill Snappy. I'm only saying it because, sooner or later, we're going to lose.

I'm just preparing myself for it. Look at it as tongue-in-cheek.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:20 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Seriously? After all they have done, one of you already counted this as "one of those nights" after 15 minutes, and another expects a loss against the Flyers?

Haha chill Snappy. I'm only saying it because, sooner or later, we're going to lose.

OK, I guess I get it. I'm just saying that I don't believe this team will give up that loss easily when it does come.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Even your positivity can sound hostile
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 pm

I am just happy Paul Martin read LGP during the offseason. He clearly took the criticism to heart, and completely changed his game.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm also saying that we will take Philly's heart on Sunday and send them spiraling into oblivion.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:22 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

OK, I guess I get it. I'm just saying that I don't believe this team will give up that loss easily when it does come.

I don't disagree.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:22 pm

shmenguin wrote:

Even your positivity can sound hostile

As opposed to negativity?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Froggy wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i'm not sure how we won that game. in the first period, i came to peace with it being just one of those nights where things weren't going to work out. that was a stunning turn of events.

did you Razor Ramon around your living room tonight?

I was watching on delay. That's not condusive to Ramone-ing out. I'll keep the toothpicks and speedos ready for the Philly game.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins