Embarrassing Home Ice Conditions

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Embarrassing Home Ice Conditions

Postby PghSkins on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 am

I am a big guy and I don't find any of the above problems. I don't love or hate it- it's not meant to have atmosphere like a baseball park, it's a multi use facility designed to host a variety of events most nights of the year. It's just OK, which is fine with me.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pcmforless on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:19 am

Plus, there really isn't a bad view in the house. I am a big guy too and the leg room in the upper bowl is not the best, but I don't find myself really uncomfortable or anything. It's not the recliner at home, but I am comfortable and the lower bowl seats are plenty comfortable. Seats in the balcony at Mellon were brutal for me as my knees would cramp up and hurt like heck from the lack of leg room. The noise at Mellon was better for sure and that place had it's quirks that made it fun, but Consol has great views of the ice and action. It is easy to get around and to exit, especially if you are willing to take the stairs. For a multi use building I think it is fine.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Penspal on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 am

On last night's Root broadcast, Bobby or Steigy mentioned how a Pens player described the ice as really good. If that old barn can have good ice....
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Eismann on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:56 am

Penspal wrote:On last night's Root broadcast, Bobby or Steigy mentioned how a Pens player described the ice as really good. If that old barn can have good ice....

I think that was Suttsy.

Although, could a been Cookie, or Nisky, or Brooksie, or Koony, or Dusty, or Horsey.

Or Beauner.

Phrasing. Boom.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins