OFFICIAL GDT: PENS vs Flyers, 3/24/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENS vs Flyers, 3/24/13

Postby npv708 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 pm

offsides wrote:
npv708 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
npv708 wrote:The most penalized team in the league has clearly learned the err of their ways and have only received 2 minutes worth of penalties in 40 minutes of play, against their most hated rival...

Seems legit.

refs have let stuff go on both sides. there is no conspiracy to give the pens more penalties than the flyers.

Didn't say there was. Just saying its odd that the most penalized team in the league only has 1 minor penalty in a game so far. That's like saying its odd that the baseball team that strikes out the most over halfway through a season only has one strikeout through a game.

And you can't honestly tell me what Courturier (sp?) did on that play against Dupuis was anywhere close to being a clean hockey play.

If it isn't a conspiracy, what is the reason for the non calls?

The most incompetent and inconsistent refs in professional sports.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm

streak in jeopardy
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Henry Hank on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm

skullman80 wrote:
DelPen wrote:That was a horrible goal to give up by Fleury

just a bad bounce. glass doesn't tip it fleury is in the right position to stop the shot.

It was a fluke play but he still should have stopped it. Not gonna crucify him for it because perfection isn't the standard. He's been great lately. It is annoying that he always finds a way to help the Flyers out. I can't say enough how I don't want them making the playoffs. Pens in the one or two seed could easily match up with them again.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PghSkins on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:14 pm

15 seed Florida Gulf Coast to Sweet 16

We now return to your hockey intermission.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GDR on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 pm

"best in the world" with a 10-game point streak against Pittsburgh.
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Only 7 pages of a Pens/Flyers GDT?

Board is quiet when a team wins 11 straight? = )
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm

PghSkins wrote:15 seed Florida Gulf Coast to Sweet 16

We now return to your hockey intermission.

Rumor is Jamie Dixon is interested in the FGCU job.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thepittman on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:17 pm

KG wrote:Only 7 pages of a Pens/Flyers GDT?

Board is quiet when a team wins 11 straight? = )

No one has anything to complain about and insert their expertise that is usually proved wrong the next game.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:17 pm

Why would FGCU want Dixon. They got further than he does most of the time :pop:
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Henry Hank wrote:
skullman80 wrote:

just a bad bounce. glass doesn't tip it fleury is in the right position to stop the shot.

It was a fluke play but he still should have stopped it. Not gonna crucify him for it because perfection isn't the standard. He's been great lately. It is annoying that he always finds a way to help the Flyers out. I can't say enough how I don't want them making the playoffs. Pens in the one or two seed could easily match up with them again.

Nah, his weight had shifted and he was already moving the opposite way. Literally can't just stop on a dime and move back. Physics prevent that.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Henry Hank wrote:It is annoying that he always finds a way to help the Flyers out. I can't say enough how I don't want them making the playoffs. Pens in the one or two seed could easily match up with them again.

I said this earlier today. Philly or Washington would not be a good 1st round based on where they are now. To get in, they are going to have to play VERY well - which means they would both be rivalry games against a hot opponent.

At this point, I want Philly out more, but Washington has more talent than they have shown and with Laich returning and Holtby warming up we don't need them in either.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:19 pm

If Washington got hot and made the playoffs odds would be as the 3 seed and division winner. I don't think we'll see them in the first round either way.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:20 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:It is annoying that he always finds a way to help the Flyers out. I can't say enough how I don't want them making the playoffs. Pens in the one or two seed could easily match up with them again.

I said this earlier today. Philly or Washington would not be a good 1st round based on where they are now. To get in, they are going to have to play VERY well - which means they would both be rivalry games against a hot opponent.

At this point, I want Philly out more, but Washington has more talent than they have shown and with Laich returning and Holtby warming up we don't need them in either.

Washington has no threats besides Ovechkin and Backstrom. Their goaltending and defense are a joke. Fearing them would be silly.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby npv708 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm

DelPen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

Washington has no threats besides Ovechkin and Backstrom. Their goaltending and defense are a joke. Fearing them would be silly.

I think you might be forgetting their leading point scorer this season...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GDR on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

would it be wrong to ask James Neal to lose his cloak of invisibility during intermission?
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm more excited for the Pens win not for the win streak or their place in the conference, but to deepen the hole the Flyers are in.
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby thepittman on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

DelPen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

This doesn't sound like a very good analysis of the caps at all :pop:
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Beveridge wrote:If Washington got hot and made the playoffs odds would be as the 3 seed and division winner. I don't think we'll see them in the first round either way.

That is a good point. If two teams from that division do make it I would take Carolina or Winnipeg over them though.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

npv708 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

I think you might be forgetting their leading point scorer this season...

I guess the fact I have no idea who it is proves my point. You shut those two down and they suck.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

GDR wrote:would it be wrong to ask James Neal to lose his cloak of invisibility during intermission?

Yes.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Bioshock wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:
skullman80 wrote:

Nah, his weight had shifted and he was already moving the opposite way. Literally can't just stop on a dime and move back. Physics prevent that.

This. Fleury was moving right-to-left to follow Giroux's pass. With the quick change in direction and quick shots, it would've been very difficult to stop it. Not impossible to stop it, but far from being a bad goal.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

LET'S GO PENS!!!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Hit the net Neal.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bigkam on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Our best chances of the night have sailed well wide.
bigkam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Gaucho wrote:LET'S GO PENS!!!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins