Letang Broken Toe

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby shoeshine boy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:20 pm

jimjom wrote:Maybe he didn't realize how swollen/painful it was until he took his skate off which could be why he played on it.

this is a possibility. pro players typically have skates custom made for them so IF this is true and it's a broken toe or foot it's entirely possible that the foot didn't start to sell until Tanger took the skate off after the game.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kaizer on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

you want a toe? i cant get you a toe.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Letang: lower body injury, 7-10 days. Vokoun to start thursday...fleury not ruled out as backup.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Maybe the broken toe was to blame for the lack of accuracy on his shots.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby beLIEve on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Could be a blessing actually assuming he isn't injured for too long after the deadline. This gives them a little more room to cheat the cap.

Letang's 3.5 million now comes off the books while he's on IR. They can use that extra space to get another rental. Once the trade deadline passes, there is no cap, so the Pens could have both Letang and the rental they grabbed on the roster.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:31 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:Maybe the broken toe was to blame for the lack of accuracy on his shots.

I'm convinced he could skate around on one foot and not look out of place.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:31 pm

"He's got a new injury, yes" - DB
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:Maybe the broken toe was to blame for the lack of accuracy on his shots.

He doesn't even have that when healthy.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Letang: lower body injury, 7-10 days. Vokoun to start thursday...fleury not ruled out as backup.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm

beLIEve wrote:Could be a blessing actually assuming he isn't injured for too long after the deadline. This gives them a little more room to cheat the cap.

Letang's 3.5 million now comes off the books while he's on IR. They can use that extra space to get another rental. Once the trade deadline passes, there is no cap, so the Pens could have both Letang and the rental they grabbed on the roster.

They have a ton of prorated cap space even with Letang in.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby beLIEve on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 pm

sil wrote:
beLIEve wrote:Could be a blessing actually assuming he isn't injured for too long after the deadline. This gives them a little more room to cheat the cap.

For now. Once Malkin is off of IR, they have 6.6 million with Letang in. 10.1 million with him out. 6.6 is decent space, but I wouldn't call it a ton.

I'm not saying i think they're getting Iginla, but for arguments sake, lets say they do. He's a 7 million cap hit. Yes, some would come off with roster players going the other way, but no doubt that Letang being off the books gives them more options with which to do that.
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:45 pm

beLIEve wrote:
sil wrote:

For now. Once Malkin is off of IR, they have 6.6 million with Letang in. 10.1 million with him out. 6.6 is decent space, but I wouldn't call it a ton.

I'm not saying i think they're getting Iginla, but for arguments sake, lets say they do. He's a 7 million cap hit. Yes, some would come off with roster players going the other way, but no doubt that Letang being off the books gives them more options with which to do that.

Neither is on Long-Term IR, so neither has an effect on space. They had tons of space with both, and still have tons of space.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
beLIEve wrote:
sil wrote:

Neither is on Long-Term IR, so neither has an effect on space. They had tons of space with both, and still have tons of space.

And you don't take on a 7 million dollar cap hit, he only has a third of a season left.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:
beLIEve wrote:
sil wrote:

And you don't take on a 7 million dollar cap hit, he only has a third of a season left.

Last I heard, the Pens could take up to 25 mill in contracts.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm

penny lane wrote:

I dont think anyone questions his mobility. But for an "offensive defenseman" he couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Kaizer wrote:you want a toe? i cant get you a toe.

:lol: You're out of your element, Donnie.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby headh on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
penny lane wrote:

I dont think anyone questions his mobility. But for an "offensive defenseman" he couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel.

I like this post quite a bit. I have seen great and he's not great.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby darkstar57 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Um Wrong, there are no roster limits after the deadline. The cap it still in effect until the regular season, then there is no cap for the playoffs
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:And you don't take on a 7 million dollar cap hit, he only has a third of a season left.

Last I heard, the Pens could take up to 25 mill in contracts.

Well you can look at it either way :pop:. Either you can say that you can take on what equals to $25 million in annual cap hits.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
sil wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Why do posters on this board insist on continuously spewing wrong information. So freaking aggravating.

I just heard from FireOnice228 that it's a fact that Letang's toe is aggrivatingly spewing blood!

Is that an attempt at saying something witty or funny? :face:

Maybe you enjoy sifting through and being subjected to blatantly false garbage on a regular basis?

Whoa, heated.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:55 pm

:lol: Internet is serious business.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Rylan wrote::lol: Internet is serious business.

Srs bsnss
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:22 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Rylan wrote::lol: Internet is serious business.

Srs bsnss

WTF dude, do you think you can correct me? I don't know what you are trying to do pal, but you need to watch it. Ok buddy, WATCH IT!!!!

Spoiler:
:slug:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sergei on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm

as per ESPN, Letang back on IR
sergei
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'