Trade Rumors 2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Lesky on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:25 pm

Dallas fans want to trade Jagr to Boston!
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't know if he does or not. They trust Jeffrey anywhere on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th line. Kennedy is a 3rd line RW.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't know if he does or not. They trust Jeffrey anywhere on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th line. Kennedy is a 3rd line RW.

He could theoretically be an even better 4th line RW
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GenoMachino71 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:41 pm

beachinit wrote:
DelPen wrote:If Jeffrey can be moved to replace a pick he gave up then by all means do it, right?

Heck No.....Maybe Kennedy and or Engelland but not Jeffrey!!!!

I'm sorry but I think trading Kennedy makes zero sense.

He is a very solid 3rd line player who may even play on the 4th line on this team. That is crazy deep.

If the goal is to win the Stanley Cup this year, they would you trade Kennedy for a mid round round pick? He is still an asset to this team. The Pens are going to have injuries. What a luxury to have guy like Tyler Kennedy as a top 9 fill in should someone go down with an injury.

This team should try to have as much possible depth going into the playoffs as possible. Which is why to me, trading Kennedy or Engelland for crappy draft picks is stupid.

Dustin Jeffrey on the otherhand is probably behind all of Kennedy/Adams/Glass/Vitale/Bennett in terms of a spot on the 4th line.... if they want to move him and can get a pick for him, I wouldnt be against that
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Jeffrey has very little trade value.
Frankly, there's no reason to trade anyone until the draft. And maybe not even then.
Last edited by columbia on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm

GenoMachino71 wrote:
beachinit wrote:
DelPen wrote:If Jeffrey can be moved to replace a pick he gave up then by all means do it, right?

Heck No.....Maybe Kennedy and or Engelland but not Jeffrey!!!!

I'm sorry but I think trading Kennedy makes zero sense.

He is a very solid 3rd line player who may even play on the 4th line on this team. That is crazy deep.

If the goal is to win the Stanley Cup this year, they would you trade Kennedy for a mid round round pick? He is still an asset to this team. The Pens are going to have injuries. What a luxury to have guy like Tyler Kennedy as a top 9 fill in should someone go down with an injury.

This team should try to have as much possible depth going into the playoffs as possible. Which is why to me, trading Kennedy or Engelland for crappy draft picks is stupid.

Dustin Jeffrey on the otherhand is probably behind all of Kennedy/Adams/Glass/Vitale/Bennett in terms of a spot on the 4th line.... if they want to move him and can get a pick for him, I wouldnt be against that

Indeed. There is no reason to trade players away to try to recoup the picks they lost when there is no way to get those picks back. I'd rather keep guys like Kennedy and Jeffrey even if they are projected for the press box. They're worth more to this team than the late round picks they'd bring back. You can't have too many proven NHLers going into the playoffs. And I don't even like Kennedy.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Did Shero turn injuries off too? We don't need to move a veteran depth forward (like TK), so I don't see why we would. A 4th round pick isn't going to help us the rest of the way...TK can.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GenoMachino71 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:47 pm

columbia wrote:Jeffrey has very little trade value.
Frankly, there's no reason to trade anyone until the draft. And maybe not even then.

completely agree

this team is ALL IN

anyone on this team who can provide depth is more valuable than a 5th round draft pick

I'd rather have guys like Jeffrey, Glass, Vitale not have to play 1 postseason game on the way to winning a cup than trade them all and get crappy draft picks for all of them.

You can never have too much depth and insurance on this roster when you're playing for a Stanley Cup run
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm

GenoMachino71 wrote:

completely agree

this team is ALL IN

anyone on this team who can provide depth is more valuable than a 5th round draft pick

I'd rather have guys like Jeffrey, Glass, Vitale not have to play 1 postseason game on the way to winning a cup than trade them all and get crappy draft picks for all of them.

You can never have too much depth and insurance on this roster when you're playing for a Stanley Cup run

Glass will be a regular in the Pens top 12 during the playoffs. Blysma isn't sitting our leader in hits. He will be deployed to wear down the other team over a 7 game series. He also plays on PK. He could go scoreless for the rest of the season and will still play come playoff time.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Bennett, Vitale and Jeffrey will be healthy scratches.

4th will probably be Glass Adams Kennedy.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GenoMachino71 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
GenoMachino71 wrote:

completely agree

this team is ALL IN

Glass will be a regular in the Pens top 12 during the playoffs. Blysma isn't sitting our leader in hits. He will be deployed to wear down the other team over a 7 game series. He also plays on PK. He could go scoreless for the rest of the season and will still play come playoff time.

I agree Glass will play... I was just naming 4th line guys in general
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shmenguin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm

in 2009, glass would have been scratched for sykora in the cup finals. so i wouldn't call him a lock to stay in the lineup.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joe icepick on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I read somewhere that Shero is trying to sign Dekeyser, the free agent college dman...wow
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 pm

shmenguin wrote:in 2009, glass would have been scratched for sykora in the cup finals. so i wouldn't call him a lock to stay in the lineup.

Depends, do we still have Adams, Staal, Cooke, Talbot and Dupuis killing penalties? If yes than Glass is worthless if not, I don't know about that statement.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:05 pm

joe icepick wrote:I read somewhere that Shero is trying to sign Dekeyser, the free agent college dman...wow

If that happens, trading Morrow away will be completely negligible, right?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby joe icepick on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:08 pm

DelPen wrote:
joe icepick wrote:I read somewhere that Shero is trying to sign Dekeyser, the free agent college dman...wow

If that happens, trading Morrow away will be completely negligible, right?

Hard to say, but he Is suppose to be pretty good.
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby KG on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:08 pm

I think every team has interest in him. We'll see...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:09 pm

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:in 2009, glass would have been scratched for sykora in the cup finals. so i wouldn't call him a lock to stay in the lineup.

Depends, do we still have Adams, Staal, Cooke, Talbot and Dupuis killing penalties? If yes than Glass is worthless if not, I don't know about that statement.

Also had non-neutered Cooke hitting people every chance he got. Now, not so much. Kunitz hit more back then as well.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby joe icepick on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

I still think he brings in a 4th line faceoff guy, and possibly a pp qb.
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

joe icepick wrote:I still think he brings in a 4th line faceoff guy, and possibly a pp qb.

Maybe the 4th liner, but I don't see the PP QB. Paul Martin has done a good job in that aspect.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
GenoMachino71 wrote:

completely agree

this team is ALL IN

Glass is our leader in hits because we rarely have the puck when he's on the ice.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Geezer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't know if he does or not. They trust Jeffrey anywhere on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th line. Kennedy is a 3rd line RW.

Jeffrey is a bigger version of Letestu but even softer
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Guinness on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Malkin activated for tonight.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Fire0nice228 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Guinness wrote:Malkin activated for tonight.

whew we can finally trade him
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby npv708 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 pm

First Morrow, then Iginla. Man, is Chiarelli going to be furious when he finds out that Shero has a bug on his phone, undercutting his trades.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins